Selling UPS Stock. Now that was easy!

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I sold 9.1 today. All I got was a transaction number and nothing else. It didn't say anything about paperwork. It's definitely not in my bank account yet either.

Takes up to 5 days to post to your account. I knew when the money hit my checkbook because my banker called out of the blue and wants to talk to us about available services. Sorry, already spent.

Overpaid Union Thug

I sold 9.1 today. All I got was a transaction number and nothing else. It didn't say anything about paperwork. It's definitely not in my bank account yet either.

Takes up to 5 days to post to your account. I knew when the money hit my checkbook because my banker called out of the blue and wants to talk to us about available services. Sorry, already spent.

Talk of paperwork for less than 100 shares scares me though. This could be a lengthy sale for me.

BrownChoice

I sold 12 shares and you simply download a form, fill it out, get it stamped by a notary and send it via fax or mail. Then you can either input your banking info or just get a paper check. Paper check can take 4 weeks up to 6. Deposit option is within 5 days. I got mine in 3.

Overpaid Union Thug

I sold 12 shares and you simply download a form, fill it out, get it stamped by a notary and send it via fax or mail. Then you can either input your banking info or just get a paper check. Paper check can take 4 weeks up to 6. Deposit option is within 5 days. I got mine in 3.

It was much easier on the website.

coolslice

I have a question. I have some shares I'd like to sell while the price is high. The site tells me I cannot sell them, because I only have 90 shares that qualify, and i need to have over 100 that qualify in order to be able to sell. Basically I have to convert shares from class A to class B (I think).

Have any of you done this? I'm wanting to sell 30 or so shares, and I assume it's possible if I fill out some form. Maybe I can't until I have 10 more shares hit the 2 year mark?

Trying to sell some shares and I am being told they need to be converted from class A to class B. How am I supposed to do that? The is nothing on the compushare page that tells you how to convert it.

obama

but don't they still figure out the sale price by averaging the high, low, close of the day? Unlike the way a normal brokerage would do.

obama

"My experience is they average the low, lower and lowest"

love that one....however, at $100 bux we are loooooking goooood !

Karma is a bitch

Be careful what you say
I just sold 25 shares and it took 3 days to appear in my checkii account. No paper work, just logged on to computershare.com, hit sell. Very easy