Seniority date

Geo926

Hi all. Just a quick question. If you are a seasonal hire, get laid off after Christmas, and then get brought back the following year, your date is when you start back up correct? Is there any circumstance where your seniority date would be the first day you drive as a seasonal? Thanks for any input you can provide.

Tiredbrown

Professional box jockey
If you were to drive as a seasonal and they kept you on and you drove in a nonseasonal period your senority would revert to when you first went on the road as a seasonal employee.

Geo926

If you were to drive as a seasonal and they kept you on and you drove in a nonseasonal period your senority would revert to when you first went on the road as a seasonal employee.

What is considered a nonseasonal period? Like I said he was laid off after Christmas and then brought back the following year.

HardknocksUPSer

If what your asking is what I'm thinking it seems as if it would be 30 days from when you were brought back as a NONseasonal, after 30 days of qualification you would then obtain seniority, or Atleast that's how it I was told it worked, then again I wasn't a seasonal driver.

Peppermint Patty

Cardboard Pusher
I was hired in November and worked thru Christmas. Was laid off for 2 weeks after peak and then brought back on. My seniority date has always been November.