Seniority...... who's got what???

Seniority where I am is based on:

• Total voters

Feederquacker

If you are in a democratic system and something changes based on a majority vote. You could get effect in a negative way... That doesn't mean you should go through the process of changing it the way to save the less of the vote if that's not what the majority wanted... That defeats the the whole concept of a democratic system.
My point was that what you said was a straight up lie. You may want to research your time line before you say something stupid like that again.

My point was that what you said was a straight up lie. You may want to research your time line before you say something stupid like that again.
Because the ones that think it's wrong to carry seniority think it's ok to get your seniority stripped... It's one or the other... If it changes and 30 years down the road there are members that want classification seniority back and are the majority then who is to say we need a red line... Red line is not law... It's a option that can became language if a majority of members want it...

Feederquacker

Because the ones that think it's wrong to carry seniority think it's ok to get your seniority stripped... It's one or the other... If it changes and 30 years down the road there are members that want classification seniority back and are the majority then who is to say we need a red line... Red line is not law... It's a option that can became language if a majority of members want it...

And you are saying that red circling people is wrong. That is YOUR opinion. You also don't want Part-Timers years of service and seniority to count because you don't think enough stick around to go Full Time. This all makes you a sanctimonious a-hole. The idea that you only want some seniority to count tells everyone where you are going with this. Can you honestly sit there and say to everyone that you're trying to get fair and equal treatment for everyone in the case of seniority? The short answer is that you can't. Now, I will say that you have been very open to the idea that you are ok with screwing over some people because you think the majority is with you. The interesting thing here is, and correct me if I'm wrong, but you seem to only want Company seniority in a certain instance and not for everyone in every case. How do you justify that? Also, I did laugh at your attempt to sound even handed about the "red line" as you call it. You say all throughout this thread that a red line is wrong and then in your last post you intimate that you would be ok with it if the Majority wanted it??? Really? Why not just come out and tell everyone what it is you want? You want a system that benefits you now. Not one that would benefit someone else. You want your cake and to eat it too. So much for solidarity and looking out for your Brethren.

And you are saying that red circling people is wrong. That is YOUR opinion. You also don't want Part-Timers years of service and seniority to count because you don't think enough stick around to go Full Time. This all makes you a sanctimonious a-hole. The idea that you only want some seniority to count tells everyone where you are going with this. Can you honestly sit there and say to everyone that you're trying to get fair and equal treatment for everyone in the case of seniority? The short answer is that you can't. Now, I will say that you have been very open to the idea that you are ok with screwing over some people because you think the majority is with you. The interesting thing here is, and correct me if I'm wrong, but you seem to only want Company seniority in a certain instance and not for everyone in every case. How do you justify that? Also, I did laugh at your attempt to sound even handed about the "red line" as you call it. You say all throughout this thread that a red line is wrong and then in your last post you intimate that you would be ok with it if the Majority wanted it??? Really? Why not just come out and tell everyone what it is you want? You want a system that benefits you now. Not one that would benefit someone else. You want your cake and to eat it too. So much for solidarity and looking out for your Brethren.
First off I don't think a red line is good... It never is... Second I think it should be for every member, Ft and Pt... The Pts haven't come forward to say the want their seniority when they transfer... They just don't care what happens... It's what members want... In feeder you can dovetail to feeder to feeder in local 177 but not package to package... Is that selfish? This is what makes local 177 so
It's what the members want... Package guys want it to be center seniority but are ok with carry it when they leave classifications... This isn't me... It's the members and there are a lot of them... If it were me I would say everyone... Who knows maybe the union will put everyone in... This is a member issue... Not just me...

Feederquacker

That is the weakest thing I've ever heard. It's hard for me to believe that there is a majority of members in Local 177 that are wanting to leave a segment of Union members behind for the selfish reasons you've listed. I've got an idea...Why don't you post (somewhere) the petition you are talking about. I'd bet money that it leaves out key information and paints this proposal in such a light that it looks like a gift from the Heavens. I sincerely doubt it actually is. Then, ask your members to engage in a question and answer period online and in regular meetings to give them the actual opportunity to hear all sides if it. AND, insist that the Part-Timers take a bit of time to understand that they are being excluded and tossed to the side unless they speak up and keep people like you from treating them like the excrement that you think they are.

rama'nfeeders

First of all, I am from Local 177 and it's so true that these people only want what's good for themselves. They exclude part timers, ckerk, porters, car wash, 22.3's, and air drivers is a perfect example they don't give a rats arse about them at all. All they say I don't care about except I move up. I see them every day talking about it especially MJ who continues to ask people to sign his petition. I myself am totally against any change at all. In the system at Local 177 you always move up in there system you will go up periodically, but more than likely you go side ways and down u til you are the number 1 guy in the entire Local. Classification seniority rules!

First of all, I am from Local 177 and it's so true that these people only want what's good for themselves. They exclude part timers, ckerk, porters, car wash, 22.3's, and air drivers is a perfect example they don't give a rats arse about them at all. All they say I don't care about except I move up. I see them every day talking about it especially MJ who continues to ask people to sign his petition. I myself am totally against any change at all. In the system at Local 177 you always move up in there system you will go up periodically, but more than likely you go side ways and down u til you are the number 1 guy in the entire Local. Classification seniority rules!
This is the problem... Tou keep saying it's only feeder and your wrong... It's is for porters, clerks and all 22.3s ( car wash & air 22.3 driver)... If you weren't so jaded to the idea, you would know that... Carry seniority is the right thing to do... Sorry the members are starting to see that...

That is the weakest thing I've ever heard. It's hard for me to believe that there is a majority of members in Local 177 that are wanting to leave a segment of Union members behind for the selfish reasons you've listed. I've got an idea...Why don't you post (somewhere) the petition you are talking about. I'd bet money that it leaves out key information and paints this proposal in such a light that it looks like a gift from the Heavens. I sincerely doubt it actually is. Then, ask your members to engage in a question and answer period online and in regular meetings to give them the actual opportunity to hear all sides if it. AND, insist that the Part-Timers take a bit of time to understand that they are being excluded and tossed to the side unless they speak up and keep people like you from treating them like the excrement that you think they are.
https://www.change.org/p/brothers-a...ontract-the-way-it-is?source_location=minibar

CCSC of local 177

This proves the numbers are there... More proposals are coming... Stay tuned.

rama'nfeeders

You are absolutely lieing about AL B. making it this way, your credibility is disgraceful who are you to even have the nerve to say something 100% wrong. You should retract your statement because you know you are lieing just like TK and MK who both have no part time years so they are off the street as well right smart arse.

rama'nfeeders

It's not for everyone which now you guys are changing again.....you guys have changed you agenda 7 different times you don't even know what yoy want.

rama'nfeeders

For over9five that there was some kind of deal to make a statement like that with no knowledge at all just shows you are a troll following a band about to go over the cliff. You are so misguided it's a shame that you can't be a leader.

rama'nfeeders

So when one your guys gets walked off for soliciting on company time and on property are you going to have some excuse like the Company is out to get you guys or the truth is you can't be fair as you lie to the members about your proposal. In my old center I spoke to the pacjage guys with 12 plus years a d they all said for them on changing seniority from center to center to have an outsider come in and maybe take a route they can get in the near future when a senior driver retires from there center is absolutely uncalled for. They are starting there own proposal that's one of the 3 to come your way. Get ready because the true Union Members are coming out to stop an agenda that's based on greed as per MJ & TK.

You are absolutely lieing about AL B. making it this way, your credibility is disgraceful who are you to even have the nerve to say something 100% wrong. You should retract your statement because you know you are lieing just like TK and MK who both have no part time years so they are off the street as well right smart arse.
I'm only going to talk private to you when using names.... I told you that before.

xkingx

One part of the Atlantic supplemental states"seniority,as measured by length of continuous service with the company,shall prevail at all times"

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
One part of the Atlantic supplemental states"seniority,as measured by length of continuous service with the company,shall prevail at all times"
And that's how it should be, be thankful you're in the Atlantic area. I read through 177's supplement out of curiosity from this thread and I was pretty shocked at how little respect seniority is given.

Feederquacker

Brothers and Sisters : Leave the seniority structure of our contract the way it is.

CCSC of local 177

This proves the numbers are there... More proposals are coming... Stay tuned.

How? Exactly how does that prove the numbers are there? What I read on that link was a bunch of people that think you are nutz! Yea, there were a couple that agreed with you but they were few. The one that said there were 250 that signed the petition sounded sketchy to me. Seems like a fairly round number and it also doesn't show the signatures or the petition itself. Also, it doesn't show how many of those people want discussion but don't agree with it. So, I'm called by BS on your claim that you have a majority of support for this. Still doesn't tell me why you are ok completely screwing the Part-Timers from their Company Time. You say they don't speak up, but, that is what you and the rest of the membership is there for. To speak up for the ones who are getting a raw deal and for whatever reason don't have a voice. If you really are or were a Steward, you suck.