Seniority...... who's got what???

Seniority where I am is based on:

• Total voters

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
How? Exactly how does that prove the numbers are there? What I read on that link was a bunch of people that think you are nutz! Yea, there were a couple that agreed with you but they were few. The one that said there were 250 that signed the petition sounded sketchy to me. Seems like a fairly round number and it also doesn't show the signatures or the petition itself. Also, it doesn't show how many of those people want discussion but don't agree with it. So, I'm called by BS on your claim that you have a majority of support for this. Still doesn't tell me why you are ok completely screwing the Part-Timers from their Company Time. You say they don't speak up, but, that is what you and the rest of the membership is there for. To speak up for the ones who are getting a raw deal and for whatever reason don't have a voice. If you really are or were a Steward, you suck.
Why are you so intent on making this a personal thing with him? He's bringing up a proposal, the members will either support it or they won't. You act like he's trying to steal your car or something.

How? Exactly how does that prove the numbers are there? What I read on that link was a bunch of people that think you are nutz! Yea, there were a couple that agreed with you but they were few. The one that said there were 250 that signed the petition sounded sketchy to me. Seems like a fairly round number and it also doesn't show the signatures or the petition itself. Also, it doesn't show how many of those people want discussion but don't agree with it. So, I'm called by BS on your claim that you have a majority of support for this. Still doesn't tell me why you are ok completely screwing the Part-Timers from their Company Time. You say they don't speak up, but, that is what you and the rest of the membership is there for. To speak up for the ones who are getting a raw deal and for whatever reason don't have a voice. If you really are or were a Steward, you suck.
The petitions are not BS .... Both sides had every opportunity to show the members what is happening... The side that doesn't want a change didn't bring as much.... If classification seniority is so good for everyone, then their petition and proposals would and will be larger in numbers. You saw the petitions and soon will see the proposals count. Who knows members might come out of the wood works to not want a change... There are members going out side every local 177 bldg to get proposals signed... From what I'm hearing is they are getting great results.

As for PT.. I think PT should carry seniority to FT.... They never vote in local 177. To many FT members don't want PT to FT but want FT to FT. It never will take off... Members are also are trying to see if PT to PT is what PT is looking to... We will see. You are thinking fair for everyone... Then way do center to center package and PT to PT have no carry your seniority but feeder to feeder you do in local 177? This system was designed for feeder street... It only benefits them...

Last edited:

Feederquacker

First of all, your link didn't show the petition. Also, what I'm saying is that if you really want company seniority then it should apply to everyone. The thing with Feeder to Feeder is rediculous if you can bump (at the bid) someone out of a building as it seems you can by your description. For Pete sake, if you think that is ok, then why not say you can transfer to another State and carry your seniority? It should be on a building by building basis. Period. This notion that you should be able to carry your seniority to another building is obsurd! You can't take it to another local either. Why in the world did you people ever agree to let Feeder do this? And why in the world would you not fix it to stop that nonsense? Instead, you want to make it worse and let the entire State Willy nilly jump from building to building. You fockers have real issues.

The petitions are not BS .... Both sides had every opportunity to show the members what is happening... The side that doesn't want a change didn't bring as much.... If classification seniority is so good for everyone, then their petition and proposals would and will be larger in numbers. You saw the petitions and soon will see the proposals count. Who knows members might come out of the wood works to not want a change... There are members going out side every local 177 bldg to get proposals signed... From what I'm hearing is they are getting great results.

As for PT.. I think PT should carry seniority to FT.... They never vote in local 177. To many FT members don't want PT to FT but want FT to FT. It never will take off... Members are also are trying to see if PT to PT is what PT is looking to... We will see. You are thinking fair for everyone... Then way do center to center package and PT to PT have no carry your seniority but feeder to feeder you do in local 177? This system was designed for feeder street... It only benefits them...

Feederquacker

Why are you so intent on making this a personal thing with him? He's bringing up a proposal, the members will either support it or they won't. You act like he's trying to steal your car or something.

I'm not. He won't answer simple questions and when pressed he ignored me completely and answered a question I didn't ask.

rama'nfeeders

Again I am from Local 177 and am totally against company seniority because the 3 guys who went to a lawyer and sent 2 letters to the Local thru there attorney's are the ones who have been around for atleast 25 years and they all went into Feeders either late or went into Feeders and than went back to package and now back to Feeders on a classification seniority. They will jump anywhere from 150 to almost 240 spots upwards. I myself would go up, but again I am against the CHANGE because I am not looking to hurt anybody seniority wise who were in package or off the streets who were hired under the current terms. If they really wanted a true one list it would include part time years which TK said to our now retired Secretary Treasure Victor that they would allow the Local to make that call is because TK has no part time years which means he was hired off the streets......funny. The proper thing to do is if the members want a change going forward is to redline the seniority list to allow the current employees under the last 30 plus years to finish out there careers with what they started to not hurt anyone, but they say :censored2: everybody we should jump over everyone that we can because remember TK said it hurt him financially.....he's a lieing self serving selfish self centered who relishes the attention since most people who work around him don't respect him. He only started this when he wasn't getting called in on Sundays for double time.

Again I am from Local 177 and am totally against company seniority because the 3 guys who went to a lawyer and sent 2 letters to the Local thru there attorney's are the ones who have been around for atleast 25 years and they all went into Feeders either late or went into Feeders and than went back to package and now back to Feeders on a classification seniority. They will jump anywhere from 150 to almost 240 spots upwards. I myself would go up, but again I am against the CHANGE because I am not looking to hurt anybody seniority wise who were in package or off the streets who were hired under the current terms. If they really wanted a true one list it would include part time years which TK said to our now retired Secretary Treasure Victor that they would allow the Local to make that call is because TK has no part time years which means he was hired off the streets......funny. The proper thing to do is if the members want a change going forward is to redline the seniority list to allow the current employees under the last 30 plus years to finish out there careers with what they started to not hurt anyone, but they say :censored2: everybody we should jump over everyone that we can because remember TK said it hurt him financially.....he's a lieing self serving selfish self centered who relishes the attention since most people who work around him don't respect him. He only started this when he wasn't getting called in on Sundays for double time.
Didn't one of those guys get screwed by the hall when he got walked off three years before he got to feeders? If the majority of members put proposals for a red line then write it up... It should be up to the members... Not what I or you think... We have opinions. They real way is draw up a plan on who has the most proposals and put it to a vote... End and done win or lose. No red lines unless the majority wants it...

Last edited:

rama'nfeeders

You mean FM? no he didn't get crewed because the Union got the company to waite for his trial to be finished and than they won the Arbitration case for him to retain his job.

You mean FM? no he didn't get crewed because the Union got the company to waite for his trial to be finished and than they won the Arbitration case for him to retain his job.
From what I was told by the guy he didn't get the time when he was called before he was walked off... Three years later he went into feeders and they told he gets the time that he showed up to feeders... They do it when you are disabled.. He got screwed. It's the truth..

But won't answer my retort
Lol! He's got passion, but yes he doesn't like to answer many questions. ....instead of East Coast Navy we should rename him THE DEFLECTOR!!!
I've answered all your questions... I've even replied to the both of you on a private chat to give you contact info to talk to people that are pushing for this that know more then I do... They are always will to talk to teamsters... I figured you would want to see what this is all about and talk to someone out side of BC and get a better idea what this is all about.

Last edited:

rama'nfeeders

Listen when I have time I will pass my number, but you have deflected alot of ?s. Heres one....do my part time years count for my company seniority? I was told no, yes, maybe, or fir every 2 pt counts as 1 full time year. In 804 it starts the first day you are hired. I figured you spoke to the mastermind this morning.....please update when possible. Thank you

Listen when I have time I will pass my number, but you have deflected alot of ?s. Heres one....do my part time years count for my company seniority? I was told no, yes, maybe, or fir every 2 pt counts as 1 full time year. In 804 it starts the first day you are hired. I figured you spoke to the mastermind this morning.....please update when possible. Thank you

I told you. They are not objecting.... They were trying to get part timers but not many cared... They don't vote. They need a lot of PT that are in PT now to show up or the members that were hired off the street will not go for it and there are a lot of hiring of the street. If the PT do not come forward by putting in their own proposals to show a good number... It will look like a poison pill. Sorry for you if you have PT... Your PT brother and sisters are not stepping up for you...

rama'nfeeders

You guys want to carry company seniority from classification to classification. ....it doesn't matter if the part timers come forward for this. If you want a true compay seniority list it should be the day anyone was hired either full time or part time....correct? See I know you have no part time years so that's why you are so leisure about this topic, but meanwhile you are so robust about the classification to classification which just shows how selfish you are. A true seniority list is just like 804....wow your stripes are really coming out.

You guys want to carry company seniority from classification to classification. ....it doesn't matter if the part timers come forward for this. If you want a true compay seniority list it should be the day anyone was hired either full time or part time....correct? See I know you have no part time years so that's why you are so leisure about this topic, but meanwhile you are so robust about the classification to classification which just shows how selfish you are. A true seniority list is just like 804....wow your stripes are really coming out.

We are not selfish... It's what the members want... If someone (maybe you) or a group wants PT to carry seniority to FT... Then they can get off the tails and do what these guys are doing or put in there own proposals... These guys went out there to ask all members about this to get them to sign the petition (PT to FT) and know of them sign it... So they are going with the numbers which means it's not in the proposal and you are call them selfish and cowards. They are the bravest guys I know... I'm sorry, I've answered all your questions and you are not doing so well with this because not many are coming out of the wood works to go against it... Personally I think it's nice t the carry seniority you don't like... It's the guys that started it... Well I will tell you this, if that's the case there are more key players to do with this and if you think you are up against three you need to think again... I've met and talked to all of them a lot of times and they are going to keep coming... They will never stop... This will never stop.

rama'nfeeders

Again you guys want to carry COMPANY SENIORITY from classification to classification, BUT PART TIME DOESNT COUNT.......REALLY? SO YOU GUYS ARE ALL OUT FOR THE ENTIRE MEMBERSHIP OR JUST THE FULL TIME MEMBERS??? IT DOESN'T MATTER THAT THE PART TIMERS AREN'T COMING FORWARD. HERE IS QUESTION YOU CAN ANSWER : DO YOU HAVE ANY PART TIME YEARS???

rama'nfeeders

You are selfish you just said that you would include part timers, but not many care NOR DO THEY VOTE WHICH WOULD HELP THE AGENDA! WOW EXCLUDING MORE THAN 50% OF THE MEMBERS IN LOCAL 177.