Serious thread is serious!

SameRightsForAll

I’m in 776, Central PA, voted no day my packet came which was a few days after they were announced being sent. Went to the BA meeting to get the rundown on national and supplement.

Huge turnover of PT at my building. 2-3 supervisors doing bargaining unit work on local sort, 4+ working preload. A few file on it but it’s always the old ‘preventing service failures’ excuse.

We’re still 16 drivers short for peak. Thinking about buying a truck bed camper to sleep in since there’s a shower at the building, goin to be unsafe trying to drive 25 min home after consecutive 14hr days for 1.5 months

UPS doesn't care if you give them 28 man hours in 14 hours without a lunch break and then fall asleep at the wheel on the way home or drift into some kind of coma from lack of sleep. "Safety first" my ass. But anyway. This is what happens when we have the "most powerful" union in the country.

542thruNthru

UPS doesn't care if you give them 28 man hours in 14 hours without a lunch break and then fall asleep at the wheel on the way home or drift into some kind of coma from lack of sleep. "Safety first" my ass. But anyway. This is what happens when we have the "most powerful" union in the country.

Why don't you take your hour lunch and breaks? Seems to me youre just hurting yourself even though the Teamsters say you are entitled to them.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I have been trying to get everyone in my center on board with this. They can't seem to figure out why they keep getting more work. Some people are starting to come around.
Just talked to another driver tonight about this as he came to take stops off me lol. He was complaining about having to help people cause he was done and he didn't take his lunch OR break yet. I explained to him that it doesn't matter if it's peak or not, take your lunch and break per the contract EVERY day and it makes the job easier. if you don't then you just get rewarded with more work.

542thruNthru

Just talked to another driver tonight about this as he came to take stops off me lol. He was complaining about having to help people cause he was done and he didn't take his lunch OR break yet. I explained to him that it doesn't matter if it's peak or not, take your lunch and break per the contract EVERY day and it makes the job easier. if you don't then you just get rewarded with more work.

It's always the same lame excuse. "I'll get home 30min-1 hour earlier."

Yeah and cry about how much work you have every damn day.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
I've given up talking to the :censored2: sheep in my center. I just say screw em and take more stops off me. We have a 38 yr driver who skips lunch everyday because they shaved an hour off his time allowance. It's sad that most drivers pay attention to the fairy tale numbers that IE pulls out of their butts. Really sickening.

Rack em

Made the Podium

We have quite a few in our center that do it, and a lot of them have 20+ years in. I don't understand how they haven't learned yet! But I'm alright with them coming to "bail me out" because I took my lunch and break already.

I've given up talking to the :censored2: sheep in my center. I just say screw em and take more stops off me. We have a 38 yr driver who skips lunch everyday because they shaved an hour off his time allowance. It's sad that most drivers pay attention to the fairy tale numbers that IE pulls out of their butts. Really sickening.
38 years and he still has even a shred of care about numbers left?!?!?! I don't even have 10 years in and the only numbers I care about are the ones on my pay stub, any other numbers are irrelevant. My center manager told me there are certain routes that are impossible to scratch so I their numbers are 100% bull:censored2:.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun

I rarely take lunch but they also never send me to help anyone. They tried in the beginning but when they would call I would say sure I’ll help so and so with business but I’ll take my 1hr lunch first. Then they say well they will have missed then. After 2-3 times they stop calling me, it’s all about how you play the game honeslty. My main reason for not taking one though is if I stop then I have no desire to start and work again after the body cools down etc.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Honestly nothing would make me happier than that. All of the stupid people not bothering to vote would get screwed right back by not taking the 3 minutes to cast a vote. Maybe next contract that should be a stipulation, "By failing to vote you get not retro check"!

My retro check will be huge too, but I'd give it up just to know that the lazy pieces of :censored2: who didn't bother to vote learned a lesson!
From a retired Teamster......the Teamsters are done.

get whatever you can when you can before it is too late.

unless a leader comes out from the ashes.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
Turbo kit....kit..... anybody who uses that term will never be fast.

The only kits fast cars run, have stages and purge. Have fun wasting your money.
Lmaoooo stages gtfo. Can’t say stages if the car doesn’t come turbo from factory. Not sure why you worried where my money is going too anyway. Thanks in advance.

542thruNthru

Lmaoooo stages gtfo. Can’t say stages if the car doesn’t come turbo from factory. Not sure why you worried where my money is going too anyway. Thanks in advance.

giphy-3.gif