Shareholders Letter to Carol Tome

HarryWarden

I mean most full time jobs don’t even make $16 a hour. So I’m lost on how the money is why the turn over is so high. I suspect it’s because college kids move on…
I don’t know what full time jobs you’re talking about, but when I’m driving to work I’m seeing fast food restraunts hiring at $20 an hour

As a shareholder, I’m concerned not only about a strike, but how our ceo has exposed ups to bad press, customers bailing for fear of strike, etc. What ceo doesn’t recognize the sentiment of Americans nowadays towards big corporations and how they treat their employees and customers, and gouge the American consumer over the past 3-4 years? Yet ups continues to gaslight on social media. Only to seemingly meet the teamsters demands in the long run anyway (if next week goes well), should’ve been settled a month ago.
Irresponsible and amateur of her, and has cost shareholders immeasurable value.
whatever else can be said about Carol, she's not an idiot

vvv

If you have been here for 35 years I imagine it would be pretty awesome. Essentially you work whenever you want because you have so much seniority, need some extra cash next week, work. Don't wanna work, tell them your good. If your healthy what else are you gonna do? Sit around everyday maybe go on a walk. Go out to lunch. I'd imagine at 35 years with the company your not at the age to just go do whatever you want anymore.
I had it quite rough yesterday being a seniority veteran I'll have you know.

Delivered 160 packages, picked up a whopping total of "3", and drove about 33 miles covering my massive area!!!! ;)

Takes a lot of tact, guile and expertise to pull off handling a route like mine.....so please don't try this at your facility and leave it to a pro like me.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
If I had the know-how, I'd love to post a screen shot of the actor Judge Reinhold from the movie "Fast Times At Ridgemont High" where he's states ":censored2: Dennis Taylor. I'm not gonna apologize to that wimp!" in response to his girlfriend's suggestion of sucking up to his former boss.
2313276QWE7TvRS.gif

ThePackageDeli

If we’re being honest, the following is true:

UPS needs pilots & planes, CDL drivers & feeders… but UPS DOES NOT need full-time package car drivers.

If it wasn’t for the union, last mile delivery at UPS would probably have already been restructured to resemble Amazon Flex, or DoorDash, or take your pick... The Gig economy.

P.S.
Personally, I would love to see UPS eliminate the big brown trucks, and the big brown drivers (not feeders), and create hundreds of thousands of good paying part-time jobs for individuals across this country operating independently to synchronize the world of commerce... And also offer fat severance checks for existing RPCD's. No severance check, no deal!

Last edited: