Shareholders Letter to Carol Tome

Thebrownblob

It’s funny that some believe that “their” route is indicative of UPS worldwide. Definitely not getting the big picture lol
It’s funny that you don’t realize there’s thousands of drivers every day picking up thousands of packages and you pretend you get the big picture? And you pretend that Amazon does the same job we do. You’re about as dense as they come go back to your part-time supervision little boy. Your opinions are neither relevant or necessary. Adults are having a conversation.

Thebrownblob

I'm sorry but it is very complicated about this. There is a department that gathers all data and crunch numbers. You and I don't have a seat at the table to see the info.
Are any route that does not meet the profitability numbers for the day gets cut. It’s a safe, bet there anybody on the road is making a certain percentage of profit that UPS deems necessary to put it on the street.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
oie_animation.gif
... Should be "an"

Pullman Brown

Are any route that does not meet the profitability numbers for the day gets cut. It’s a safe, bet there anybody on the road is making a certain percentage of profit that UPS deems necessary to put it on the street.

I would guess on a given day including all the costs of wages, benefits, etc… even if they don’t profit on my mainly residential stops they definitely would on my next day air.

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
I'm sorry but it is very complicated about this. There is a department that gathers all data and crunch numbers. You and I don't have a seat at the table to see the info.
6.2 billion packages delivered in 2022. At 13.9 billion profit,means the average profit for a package delivered was $2.24.

Thebrownblob

I assure you they are not. If you actually believe that, you really dont know. Many packages are picked up and delivered at a loss. Cost of doing business.
Oh, but don’t worry the company is going to use rural deferral to completely gutsome ZIP Codes two and three days a week. Those customers will be lucky to see UPS three times a week.

RangerMan06

6.2 billion packages delivered in 2022. At 13.9 billion profit,means the average profit for a package delivered was $2.24.

If we didn't waste billions on stock buybacks, worthless technology ie drones, new planes, and gross corporate incompetence we would likely double or triple our profit per delivery.