Shareholders Letter to Carol Tome

Thebrownblob

If we’re being honest, the following is true:

UPS needs pilots & planes, CDL drivers & feeders… but UPS DOES NOT need full-time package car drivers.

If it wasn’t for the union, last mile delivery at UPS would probably have already been restructured to resemble Amazon Flex, or DoorDash, or take your pick... The Gig economy.
Sure buddy, I would love to see gig workers in a Toyota Prius or Honda Civic pick up the 1200 packages at 40 pick up accounts daily that I pick up in a blown out P1200. Not much work for the gig workers to do if they don’t pick up the packages first. Like several posters on here you do not understand Amazon does not do the same business to business pick up and delivery that we do they only deliver things that come through their own website.

Last edited:

RangerMan06

Sure buddy, I would love to see gig workers in a Toyota Prius or Honda Civic pick up the 1200 packages at 40 pick up accounts daily that I pick up in a blown out P1200. Not much work for the gig workers to do if they don’t pick up the packages first. Like several posters on here you do not understand Amazon does not do the same business to business pick up and delivery that we do they only deliver things that come through their own website.

Amazon only delivers small residential stops here. We deliver all their rurals, apartments, and large packages .

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

UPS needs pilots & planes, CDL drivers & feeders… but UPS DOES NOT need full-time package car drivers.

If it wasn’t for the union, last mile delivery at UPS would probably have already been restructured to resemble Amazon Flex, or DoorDash, or take your pick... The Gig economy.

P.S.
Personally, I would love to see UPS eliminate the big brown trucks, and the big brown drivers (not feeders), and create hundreds of thousands of good paying part-time jobs for individuals across this country operating independently to synchronize the world of commerce... And also offer fat severance checks for existing RPCD's. No severance check, no deal!
oie_animation.gif

anonymous23456

P.S.
Personally, I would love to see UPS eliminate the big brown trucks, and the big brown drivers (not feeders), and create hundreds of thousands of good paying part-time jobs for individuals across this country operating independently to synchronize the world of commerce... And also offer fat severance checks for existing RPCD's. No severance check, no deal!
UPS needs to sweeten the deal. Offer each RPCD $100K and a contract as "independent delivery business". The contract must be that these "small businesses" will get the preferred routes until they don't want anymore. The rest goes to Gig driver. :lol:

yadadamean116

Lol, easy route, job at 100k a year, second marriage, more kids, college, weddings, etc. Plenty of reasons to stay and work longer and it actually helps build the pension fund by delayed withdrawal. Same reason social security rewards delayed benefits with a greater monthly benefit.
You do realize you die? The reason they make you feel like you should stay longer is to not pay your pension. Come on dude it’s like insurance, they always win with people with that mindset. Earlier you take the pension the more you’ll make on it

UPSER1987

It’s funny that some believe that “their” route is indicative of UPS worldwide. Definitely not getting the big picture lol