Sheeted pkg during lunch as ni1, again....

JL 0513

If you were told to jump off a bridge would you do it?

A silly comparison, no? I'm talking about following a direct corporate UPS rule. An agreement with shippers who want their package left on the first attempt with the assumed risk. We as drivers are not given a choice in the matter. It Is a service failure not to leave a shipper release.

Not sure what is not understood.

FilingBluesFL

A silly comparison, no? I'm talking about following a direct corporate UPS rule. An agreement with shippers who want their package left on the first attempt with the assumed risk. We as drivers are not given a choice in the matter. It Is a service failure not to leave a shipper release.

It's amazing. He won't do what he's supposed to do, but will leave COD packages at places, sign for packages for customers, etc. etc.

It's only when it's convenient for him that he does what he's supposed to I guess...

didyousheetit

I'm sure the shippers didn't really think we would leave them on Michigan avenue at lunch time in downtown Chicago. Maybe UPS should be a little more forthright with their policies. I could see corporate saying no this isn't what we intended, if shippers were to press them on the policy

Sent using BrownCafe App

youllbefine

My training route had a business that was PAL'd to the very end of the 6000s. This was because all the rear floor sections were taken, and it was easiest to get the stop out the back. Didn't show up in EDD with the residentials, but in sequence with the rest of the businesses.
You are correct. My last 6000's and 8000's are also dock stops and they are in my edd in the correct order

BrownArmy

Friday night, outside of the high-rise on the four-lane state highway, I don't leave the shipper-release (it will 130% chance get stolen)

This situation doesn't happen often, but when it does, I sheet it 'NI1', never heard a peep.

Rainman

Its all good.
It does matter how long you've been here. The time carries with it wisdom and weight with the Union.

I have no problem going before a panel to explain why I didn't release a package in the middle of Times Square.

I make decisions all day long, maybe you don't.
Ok, get canned and wait 4-5 months to go to panel. We had one of our guys wait longer than that. You may get your job back, but still lose back pay for the time you are out. Is it really worth it? Not to me. Go ahead and prove your point to the company.

When it's all said and done, our job is to work as we are directed. Personally, I agree with your point of not leaving packages where they will be stolen. I don't want to do that either. But I've seen people disregard orders trying to do what they think is best for the customers, and end up with time in the street for their efforts. This is a "flavor of the month" issue. Anyone who's been around for a while knows you don't butt heads with management on hot topics like this. No matter how dumb the orders are.

Kmart sux. So does Walmart. And Orion.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

A silly comparison, no? I'm talking about following a direct corporate UPS rule. An agreement with shippers who want their package left on the first attempt with the assumed risk. We as drivers are not given a choice in the matter. It Is a service failure not to leave a shipper release. Not sure what is not understood.

What you are failing to understand is the need to take care of our customers and leaving a package outside of the locked front door of a business on a busy street is not taking care of that customer.

Z

ZQXC

What you are failing to understand is the need to take care of our customers and leaving a package outside of the locked front door of a business on a busy street is not taking care of that customer.

What do you do with a shipper release for flowers? Keep them on that hot truck for 1 more day and they are worthless anyway.

JL 0513

I fully understand that concern and share the personal belief that some packages shouldn't be left. For that reason I didn't leave one at a no DR location and was pulled in the office for it. Then they used me as an example at the PCM the next morning. It couldn't be stressed more that shipper release is DR no matter what.