Sheeted pkg during lunch as ni1, again....

ArcherUTR

Here's an idea, if they don't want commercial stops sheeted as Ni or closed between 12 and 1 or after 5pm, have a first year computer student write into the program code so it is impossible?
When we sheet a stop as such,the DIAD prompts us to enter whether the stop is commercial or residential.
If we enter residential during these times, the DIAD should kick it back as not acceptable like on a note 4 DR location.
Instead the company spends countless hours trying to teach supervisors and drivers to jump through hoops, wasting an enormous amount of time and resources.
Make it dumby proof and you no longer have to worry about dummies.

I"ll settle for for a little programming that places OCA's in trace in the DIAD. I can't even fathom how much time and gas has been wasted driving past them.

MethodsMan

Last time I checked that little pop up does not say "leave package outside of a front locked door of a closed business located on a busy street".

It says its a shipper release therefor, release the package. I've been told to NEVER NI a shipper release package. Again, I don't make up the rules.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It says its a shipper release therefor, release the package. I've been told to NEVER NI a shipper release package. Again, I don't make up the rules.

Suppose the package was for ABC Florist, a stop that you have at least 2-3 times per week. ABC Florist is on a busy street. The owner had to close early today as her cat got run over by the FedEx Ground guy. You have a shipper release package for her and dutifully leave it by her locked front door like a good little mindless minion. The next day, after she has finished scraping her cat off of the road and burying it, she reopens----you have a delivery and she asks if her package from LTD has showed up yet. You tell her that it was left by her front door yesterday afternoon. She tells you she never got it.

What do you think she is going to think about you as her UPS driver?

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Suppose the package was for ABC Florist, a stop that you have at least 2-3 times per week. ABC Florist is on a busy street. The owner had to close early today as her cat got run over by the FedEx Ground guy. You have a shipper release package for her and dutifully leave it by her locked front door like a good little mindless minion. The next day, after she has finished scraping her cat off of the road and burying it, she reopens----you have a delivery and she asks if her package from LTD has showed up yet. You tell her that it was left by her front door yesterday afternoon. She tells you she never got it.

At least he didn't kill her cat.

aiian

Wonder what the shipper, 123 Rare Flowers would think of UPS, their primary shipping service after shipping an extra set of flowers to be delivered Monday (replacing the dead set that should have been delivered today) because some driver in New Yawk knew better.

They're probably picking up the phone and asking FedEx how good their employees are at following the simplest of directions.

aiian

Whether it's flowers or a pound of gold it does not matter.

The shipper made the decision for us the moment they clicked the 'shipper release' button during shipping.

Last edited:

ArcherUTR

But to be monolithic that there is absolutely no exception and no use for an experienced package driver's discretion is asinine and bad customer service to both the shipper and to the consignee.

And it's good customer service that is going to maintain UPS as a viable and preferred shipping option and the only hope for me that there is still a pension by the time I retire.

barnyard

KTM rider
Good service is doing what the customer asks. Flowers, meat and refrigerated medicine are all time sensitive shipments that the customer knows is coming and we need to leave it.

To many of you are way, way over-thinking shipper release.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

How many times has the customer had no idea the pkg was coming?

It all comes down to one question---would you want your pkg left outside of your locked front door overnight on a busy street?

The customer I am concerned about is the one I see everyday---not 1-800 FLOWERS.

Resident know-it-all.

Johney

How many times has the customer had no idea the pkg was coming?

It all comes down to one question---would you want your pkg left outside of your locked front door overnight on a busy street?

The customer I am concerned about is the one I see everyday---not 1-800 FLOWERS.

Resident know-it-all.
That customer does not pay your salary.

She needs more than flowers,if you are her driver! :congrats:

PT Car Washer

I remember delivering a box of Sari's Berries to a hotel one Saturday. Desk wasn't sure if they hadn't checked out already. Told the desk that if they had checked out to enjoy the goodies because they can not be returned.