Sheeting damages as missed

Mack Grant

We are told not to sheet them at all. Just put them on the damages cart for the clerks to take care of. I love how this is different from center to center. LOL
I once got a msg in my board from the center manager after I had sheeted an on car dmg as missed. It said "who told you to sheet a pkg as missed"? This was literally within 10 minutes. I told him about the DIAD training we'd had (the last training not this one)and sent him a picture of the package. Never heard anything more.
From everything I can gather missed deliveries are huge in any center. Yes that's obvious but telling drivers to ignore the DIAD training is the wrong thing to do.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I once had an on road that told me to sheet a in a way that was blatantly inaccurate. When I refused to do so he asked why and I told him that by doing it his way could get me dismissed for "falsifying a company document." I just love it when they ask us to hang ourselves.

9.5er

Then you won't make 9.5, and will retire a rich man.

Yes I am in a bonus center. I'd rather run scratch than an hour under but I do like getting credit when credit is due.
I'm also a cover driver and have only been able to file 9.5 one time because of all the hoops cover drivers have to jump through to do so.

wayfair

swollen member
who got this training recently???

diad_zpscfe7ffe9.jpg

oldngray

nowhere special
who got this training recently???

diad_zpscfe7ffe9.jpg

It would always piss me off when a preloader would load damaged packages. I would try to explain to him those should never be loaded and I can't deliver them. I just got the usual blank expression. And preload sups just told them to load everything just to get it out of the building.

Mack Grant

Yes I am in a bonus center. I'd rather run scratch than an hour under but I do like getting credit when credit is due.
I'm also a cover driver and have only been able to file 9.5 one time because of all the hoops cover drivers have to jump through to do so.
Hey I'm in a bonus center myself and the time allowances are not realistic IMO. They require completely optimal conditions. Not going to say I've never gotten bonus because I have, but it's just not enough money for me to worry about.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
My favorite was sheeting it as missed per training and then getting a message to delivery the missed package on the way in. The more I work here the more I wonder about management.

Whargoul

Sups told me that the training was outdated and not to sheet anything as missed unless i'm instructed to. I sheet damaged packages as damaged but usually they msg me and tell me to void out the pkg and bring it to the clerks.

ManInBrown

We were told months ago, right around peak that the new procedure for damaged pkg found on car was

Attempt delivery. If customer refuses because damaged then sheet as missed

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
It would always piss me off when a preloader would load damaged packages. I would try to explain to him those should never be loaded and I can't deliver them. I just got the usual blank expression. And preload sups just told them to load everything just to get it out of the building.
Even if they took it off as a damage they'd just put a roll of tape on it and put it back on the truck before the end of the shift.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
Even if they took it off as a damage they'd just put a roll of tape on it and put it back on the truck before the end of the shift.

Yep, pre-loader the other day sent a clearly damage package to the damage area they slapped some tape on it and sent it back he stuck it under the belt, only to have a sup. tell him to just load it and have the driver deal with it.

S

selfcancelsignal

What I'm sick of is doing the DIAD training(s) & a week later, mgmt. telling me I need to do my DIAD training(s). Not sure why they don't just cancel out of your board once they've been completed. Annoying!

Sent from the 64GB US Cellular iPhone 5S of selfcancelsignal

9.5er

What I'm sick of is doing the DIAD training(s) & a week later, mgmt. telling me I need to do my DIAD training(s). Not sure why they don't just cancel out of your board once they've been completed. Annoying!

Sent from the 64GB US Cellular iPhone 5S of selfcancelsignal

Yep, got a message earlier in the week to do two diad trainings. I did them that day. Get a message next day. IF you didn't do your training be sure to do it.
Then today message said it was mandatory to clear with OMS that we did our training. So once again I did the training. For the second time. Didn't say a word to OMS when I got in. Just punched out and ran like hell for the house.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yep, got a message earlier in the week to do two diad trainings. I did them that day. Get a message next day. IF you didn't do your training be sure to do it.
Then today message said it was mandatory to clear with OMS that we did our training. So once again I did the training. For the second time. Didn't say a word to OMS when I got in. Just punched out and ran like hell for the house.

It sounds like the message was sent to all of the drivers. I do agree that it can be annoying but it is much easier for the OMS to hit "select all" when sending out the message rather than just sending it to those drivers who had yet to complete their training.

FilingBluesFL

The training specifically states that if you find a damaged package BEFORE making attempt, you are to sheet it as "Missed" and write in the comments "Poss Dmgd" or something like that.

When the customer decides to NOT accept the package because of DAMAGE, you THEN are to sheet it as "Refused - Damaged" That's if the customer does not want it because it appears damaged.

I took the training today. It said sheet as "missed", not "damaged". Rather, you are supposed to write "damage" on the package in the form of a service cross. They even took the "damaged" option out of our boards, to make sure we don't use it.

The reason UPS stopped us from using the "damage" key is because when a driver did so, it triggered the system to initiate a claim and refund to the customer for the "damaged" package. However, often times what appears "damaged" really isn't at all; it may just need to be repacked, and no damage claim needs to be processed. Therefore, we are to sheet the package as "missed" and turn it in to the designated area for damages/repacks, so that the package can be inspected to see if there really is any damage.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
OMG. Same thing here. Had a pkg break open, not preloads fault, it may have "fell". It had numerous small bars of soap, like for a motel, going to a ...some kind of living facility, half way house, MD I dont know.............Just finished the training, for the second time..............
Got a msg, whats your missed. I said its a pkg with like a million bars of little soaps, all over my truck. Ok, it was only maybe 500. Took me 20 minutes to pick them all up, on pm time, of course. He told me to bag it and deliver it..............I said no they are closed now. I was barely making it in by air time. No time for this crap.

Overpaid Union Thug

We were told to sheet damages as damaged now. I really found this to go against all that UPS teaches. I mean moving forward a few feet before backing is a backing first exception. A package car getting crushed by falling satellite junk or rear ended while parked in an empty parking lot is "avoidable." So why on Earth would they think that a damaged package should be sheeted as damaged?

wayfair

swollen member
Sheeted package as missed, damaged in comments
. Some type of food "juice", oozed all out of package, onto other packages and all over shelf.

Customer calls in super belligerent
, cussing out my OMS.

What would you do??