Sheeting damages as missed

S

serenity now

as a return clerk, I've been waiting for years for management to come up with a better idea than to have drivers sheet damages as refused. there were many instances that i would just return these and find out later the driver thought he heard broken glass inside. of course by this time the customer tracked there package and called irate asking why there package was refused when they stayed home all day and never had a delivery attempt. i always thought it was borderline falsifying documents and wondered why there wasn't any "hold for inspection" option in the diad.

there is an inspection option in the list but we can't use it

S

serenity now

If we can't use other-other then why is the option even given to us?

that kind of reasoning is way above my pay grade

like: can't record a business closed between 12 and 1......... well, that evolved into between 1159 and 1301 now * where does it end?

if we deliver a pkg. to a business between 12 and 1 and get a signature, but also record a call tag as a legit. NR1 on the same screen at the same time we will get a message later in the day to void the call tag and rerecord :crazy:

over9five

Staff member
If we can't use other-other then why is the option even given to us?
It used to be used HERE in Massachusetts to record packages containing alcohol (illegal to deliver in Mass). We were told at that time that was the only reason to use other other.

S

serenity now

it has gotten to the point of absurdity that I won't do anything with a business stop between 1159 and 1301 except show as a delivery * not moved / not no such number / not out of business /not anything other than an outright delivery

Johney

other-other gives you an option to put in your reason. For some reason that can not be used anymore. Why? I'm sure it's due to national security.:wink2:

Logb17

We had a driver here that sent in a message stating he was going to have 6 missed packages on a split route that was closed after 5. He explained it wasn't marked as a fire station on the boxes and was in a resi area. The center manager wanted him to call him so he did. He told him to just DR them at the rear door and leave a note. The driver said "instruct me to do that over the diad and I will." center manager says, "You know I can't do that, just stay there til they came back then"

'Lord Brown's bidding'

Is this station in a small town? Not only don't stations close, someone is usually there even after I just watched the engine, ladder, and EMT exit the bldg. I digress.....
For those who don't know, "Other, other" INCLUDES damages, inspection, missed, deceased, out of business, etc. To get to that menu you must hit "other", option 1 after hitting "non-delivery" key, and then "other" again once that menu comes up (showing, among other tgings "moved", "refused", "INTERCEPT" (the apparent new "inspection", since the old is an "other, other" (from another mother...sorry, couldn't resist)). You use any of these options and it shows up on a report, apparently. You guys were talking about that special treat: "Other: other: other (to be funny, in the remarks box that comes up one should type, "Uh, other")

Had a funny discussion once concerning "deceased", as i had been instructed to sheet as moved. "Dude, where theyve moved to, the clerk needs not waste anytime trying to find them! why can't I just call it like it is?!?" Sheeted as instructed ultimately, though. Similar discussions concerning "out of business" vs "moved".

Parts of me wonder if the whole "other, other" thing was to avoid having drivers "mistakenly"using things that really shouldn't ne used without mgmt direction, such as "damage" (again, you use this and the claims process starts automatically, even if the only problem is the box needs re-taping); "emergency conditions"; "cannot find (or worded similarly, which i found out makes the package sheet up as missed); "strike", and some others.

Indecisi0n

Is this station in a small town? Not only don't stations close, someone is usually there even after I just watched the engine, ladder, and EMT exit the bldg. I digress.....
For those who don't know, "Other, other" INCLUDES damages, inspection, missed, deceased, out of business, etc. To get to that menu you must hit "other", option 1 after hitting "non-delivery" key, and then "other" again once that menu comes up (showing, among other tgings "moved", "refused", "INTERCEPT" (the apparent new "inspection", since the old is an "other, other" (from another mother...sorry, couldn't resist)). You use any of these options and it shows up on a report, apparently. You guys were talking about that special treat: "Other: other: other (to be funny, in the remarks box that comes up one should type, "Uh, other")

Had a funny discussion once concerning "deceased", as i had been instructed to sheet as moved. "Dude, where theyve moved to, the clerk needs not waste anytime trying to find them! why can't I just call it like it is?!?" Sheeted as instructed ultimately, though. Similar discussions concerning "out of business" vs "moved".

Parts of me wonder if the whole "other, other" thing was to avoid having drivers "mistakenly"using things that really shouldn't ne used without mgmt direction, such as "damage" (again, you use this and the claims process starts automatically, even if the only problem is the box needs re-taping); "emergency conditions"; "cannot find (or worded similarly, which i found out makes the package sheet up as missed); "strike", and some others.

If they died then technically they no longer live there and have move on. lol