Shift allowance.

Rius

After 3 years of being underpaid finally took a better look and saw that I'm getting paid a little over half of what I should be paid., half comes as shift pay cash (constantly the same amount ) the rest is shift pay hours(random no of hours). I have an 8h contract, for pre-load & amazon and therefore expect the full 8h to be paid, disregarding the finishing hours( which most of the time is 1h earlier), as starting time is before 6am. Am I getting this money back?

i approached the manager and also pointed out that I got overcharged for my sick leave CSP, 20% of the full salary ( including the full shift allowance which wasn't fully paid to begging with), and I'm owed 5% from there too. He said shift allowance is not included in CSP.
Is that an actual fact, or has to do with the management discretion where the pry on the weak, and if it works it works?
Not only that my shift hours don't change while I am off, but they also took it into account when deducted the sick pay, and again, I am not bothered about that since is fair, not being taken into account would be unfair.

Any information would be appreciated, also I'd like some advice on approaching this, as it seriously affected me, and having to chase everything back is time-consuming and stressful, also to mention that I actually fell behind with payments half the amount of what they owe me. So was thinking in the eventuality they refuse to pay or make up excuses I would use that as the last resource and even ask for 70%-100% more than what they owe, considering I could create the right narrative and get some free counselling from the union solicitors.

AKCoverMan

Are UK UPsers represented by a union? If not, I would not expect this to ever get unraveled. The company does not do a good job eith paying people especislly with multiple pay rates and job types. I had two part time employees who were constantly having some of their hours coded at wrong lower inside rate on days they were called to drive. It went on for over a year. Now a full time Saturday Supe has to audit all the PT utility drivers timecards. What w waste of time why not just fix the system that constant screws up members pay.

Sick leave CSP? No clue what that is. interesting hearing from UPSers outside USA and the Peoples Republic of Canada ruled by King Justin I. 🤣🤣

Are UK UPsers represented by a union? If not, I would not expect this to ever get unraveled. The company does not do a good job eith paying people especislly with multiple pay rates and job types. I had two part time employees who were constantly having some of their hours coded at wrong lower inside rate on days they were called to drive. It went on for over a year. Now a full time Saturday Supe has to audit all the PT utility drivers timecards. What w waste of time why not just fix the system that constant screws up members pay.

Sick leave CSP? No clue what that is. interesting hearing from UPSers outside USA and the Peoples Republic of Canada ruled by King Justin I. 🤣🤣
They do the same thing in the United States also

AKCoverMan

Ah ok. Not many UK guys on here. You seem to have a whole different system of pay than we do in the US.
Yeah there is a forum for “UPSers International“ on BC but last post was in Aug 2021… would be interesting to hear more about what working for UPS is like in other parts of world.