SHIFT INHIBIT

specter208

I think you've also mentioned something before about the back up monitors.

Does UPS, or the monitor manufacturer put the camera in it, to spy on the drivers?
I'm pretty sure it is UPS that specs their desired options. The Chassis and Body are designed and assembled by seperate companies and the accessory options such as the backup camera are installed by the body manufacturer (Morgan Olson, Utilimaster, Supreme, etc)

LeftRS1

One of those Millennials Drivers
Pfft do you know how many times I stalled one of these new Ford because the shift inhibit practically doesn’t exist.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Always leaves me dumbfounded when that happens. Like how the :censored2: did i manage to stall an automatic.
I actually had one die on me while spinning tires on ice. Going up a steep hill I was about to the top and started spinning pretty good. Damn thing died on me and I started sliding back down the hill. Needed a change of pants after that ordeal.

Heavy Package

This is a package car, unless you're driving this, you most likely are driving a truck.

package-car-jpg.231818

We still have 5 of these in service at my center. Used for peak season and bulk stops to Barnes and Noble.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Have any accidents occurred because of it?

Yes. We had a driver with a new 600. Like my truck. Turned into a road. Maybe one way?? A garbage truck was blocking it so he stopped. Waited. The garbage truck started backing up. At least 50 ft. The driver noticed he wasn't stopping so he started blowing his horn. It kept coming. He tried to quickly put it in reverse with only tapping the brake far enough to shift the truck. It went into shift inhibit. Got hit. Crushed the hood shroud. Pushed it like it was in neutral. So not major damage. Just fiberglass. Ruled not his fault.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Yes. We had a driver with a new 600. Like my truck. Turned into a road. Maybe one way?? A garbage truck was blocking it so he stopped. Waited. The garbage truck started backing up. At least 50 ft. The driver noticed he wasn't stopping so he started blowing his horn. It kept coming. He tried to quickly put it in reverse with only tapping the brake far enough to shift the truck. It went into shift inhibit. Got hit. Crushed the hood shroud. Pushed it like it was in neutral. So not major damage. Just fiberglass. Ruled not his fault.
I wonder if the company lawyers have contacted the manufacturer? I would expect a recall.