Should I become a on car supervisor

govols019

You smell that?
Goal accomplished. Don't slip up. Never know when someone is out on an observation.

Like I told my last center manager, I was here before you got here and I'll still be here after you're gone.

If the trend of the last 20 odd years holds up I should see two more managers come and go.

Box Ox

You cuss me out and you have just put a target on your back. Unless you make zero mistakes you will eventually be in my office.

Sort of jarring to see that coming out of a current driver. Just go for it.

Sounds like you'll have no regrets and be glad you made the move.

But you'd be a rarity. If not the first I've heard of.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
It's budgeted in but doesn't happen often. Preach safety and try backing in on a sunny winter day with dirty windows and mirrors.
I can't imagine anyone driving any vehicle with dirty windows and mirrors.
I'd like to hear/see the look on the police officer's face when someone gave that as an excuse.

Hello fellow upsers.

I have a few questions about becoming a on car supervisor. I'm a fairly new employee with about 5 years under my belt. 3 years as a tcd and 2 years as a ft driver. I was recently approached by our center manager and asked if I would be interested in being a on car supervisor. If I take the position I will be sent of to integrad from what I was told. What all does this evolve ? Is there any on car sups here that moved from being a ft driver and regret it now lol ?

I would love to move to this position but I do not want to regret it.
If you enjoy your family time and your life, I wouldn't do it. The pay increase isn't significant enough. Also, if you factor in the long hours they put in and the pay they receive. A FT driver actually makes more. If you need the money, request the overtime. You can worry about every driver in a center or you can worry about one..yourself. I've never met a UPSER in management who was happy with the decision to go into management.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
If you enjoy your family time and your life, I wouldn't do it. The pay increase isn't significant enough. Also, if you factor in the long hours they put in and the pay they receive. A FT driver actually makes more. If you need the money, request the overtime. You can worry about every driver in a center or you can worry about one..yourself. I've never met a UPSER in management who was happy with the decision to go into management.
I love my job

Future

Victory Ride
I love my job
image.gif

Box Ox

Gotta love something in life right ? This just may be it.

I just couldn't imagine being on salary rather than hourly given the workload/hours/baloney we put up with and then kicking the baloney and hours factors up a notch when we're talking about salaried management.

I dunno, maybe I'm missing something. But I don't think I could feel the love.