Should I become a on car supervisor

Areyoukiddinme

best 2 weeks ever
I'm. Not sure why your asking our opinion on what would be a huge decision on your future. Talk to your family then if it's positive talk to a sup you trust. Ultimately it's up to you...sorry

BrownInTx

I just couldn't imagine being on salary rather than hourly given the workload/hours/baloney we put up with and then kicking the baloney and hours factors up a notch when we're talking about salaried management.

I dunno, maybe I'm missing something. But I don't think I could feel the love.

It's possible in a small center with a good group of drivers

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I just couldn't imagine being on salary rather than hourly given the workload/hours/baloney we put up with and then kicking the baloney and hours factors up a notch when we're talking about salaried management.

I dunno, maybe I'm missing something. But I don't think I could feel the love.
30 - 40 years ago, there were many reasons to go into management. Now, It's just a resume builder.
Look at some of the losers on here who say they have been approached to go into management.
It's obvious they are scraping the bottom of the barrel these days.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Just this year we had a young driver (still in progression) transfer up north to our building from Arkansas. He had to re qualify which for him was no problem. All in the same district if that matters and he kept his FT seniority date.

Good to know. I've talked with drivers who have tried to transfer to beach towns and were told it's not possible in our area.

jaker

trolling
It's possible in a small center with a good group of drivers
The way you talk they won't be too good with you later

I hope you go because if you don't you will have a bad attitude towards drivers more then you do already , it's pretty obvious you can't handle being a driver and are looking for any way out

So just take the offer get yourself some knee pads and start going to work

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
30 - 40 years ago, there were many reasons to go into management. Now, It's just a resume builder.
Look at some of the losers on here who say they have been approached to go into management.
It's obvious they are scraping the bottom of the barrel these days.

I heard one member was turned down
3 times

Don't know if true or not

BrownInTx

The way you talk they won't be too good with you later

I hope you go because if you don't you will have a bad attitude towards drivers more then you do already , it's pretty obvious you can't handle being a driver and are looking for any way out

So just take the offer get yourself some knee pads and start going to work

Actually I have a good relationship with all my fellow drivers. If the offer is not right I will continue to drive no biggie. It's pretty obvious you dislike management.

jaker

trolling
Actually I have a good relationship with all my fellow drivers. If the offer is not right I will continue to drive no biggie. It's pretty obvious you dislike management.
What's funny is you think that relationship is going to still be there when you become a boss

In every job when a fellow worker becomes a boss you loss that so call relationship because guess what you are a someone that now can get them in trouble or fired and that is even more pronounced at this job

What bugs me is you and that fact that you Don't have what it takes to be a driver and it shows in only your short time doing it , so either you become a sup now or you will become one later because you Know you won't make it as a driver or can be anyone that can be trusted now among drivers

BrownInTx

What's funny is you think that relationship is going to still be there when you become a boss

In every job when a fellow worker becomes a boss you loss that so call relationship because guess what you are a someone that now can get them in trouble or fired and that is even more pronounced at this job

What bugs me is you and that fact that you Don't have what it takes to be a driver and it shows in only your short time doing it , so either you become a sup now or you will become one later because you Know you won't make it as a driver or can be anyone that can be trusted now among drivers

Being recognized for the way I work says enough. Your approval to keep driving is not needed.

BrownInTx

And I'm sure the guys at work would be mad Bc I went to management. I can't disagree with that.