Should I go FT?

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
This is one of those, 'if you were in my shoes' type questions. I currently work pt preload and pt air driver (as needed). My combined hours have regularly been upwards of 40 hours per week. I will be at top Air wage in a month. My wife is a school teacher, so she brings in a "decent" salary. I really enjoy being done by 2:00 and being there for family events; however, there is part of me that feels like I should bring home the bacon for my family. Any thoughts?
Wanna be a millionaire when you retire? Go full time and listen to the "investors" of brown cafe.

Sculpin

Full time driver, for clarification. Money is nice, but it seems the full time drivers are always miserable, while my Air Driving coworkers are fairly positive about their job. I assume that the extra hours I work Air Driving will add to my pension?

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Full time driver, for clarification. Money is nice, but it seems the full time drivers are always miserable, while my Air Driving coworkers are fairly positive about their job. I assume that the extra hours I work Air Driving will add to my pension?
I'm only miserable on the clock for affect.

DriverNerd

We're not always miserable, but most UPSers usually see us during mornings or evenings. Who is excited for mornings?! As for evenings, what you may see as miserable is really exhaustion. I'm usually pretty chipper when I'm out on route. Then again, some people just hate this job.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
9.5 list LOLOL
8 hour requests LOLOL

I'm on the 9.5 and use both my 8 hour requests every month. 9.5 is rarely honored and one out of every 5 eight hour requests are honored. It's just free grievance money.

Don't plan on being off early or only working 43 hours per week because of 9.5. Chances are if your center is like mine, they couldn't care less.
As much as you like to think your center stands for the entire company, it isn't that way everywhere

Tiereffinthree

If you value money over quality of life than by all means take the plunge. If you don't like the prospect of wanting to rip your own head off and throw it on the ground on a daily basis, don't do it.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
This is one of those, 'if you were in my shoes' type questions. I currently work pt preload and pt air driver (as needed). My combined hours have regularly been upwards of 40 hours per week. I will be at top Air wage in a month. My wife is a school teacher, so she brings in a "decent" salary. I really enjoy being done by 2:00 and being there for family events; however, there is part of me that feels like I should bring home the bacon for my family. Any thoughts?
Pension long the long haul.

I'd do it in a heartbeat. Take care of your wife by being financially stable, invest in your future, retire and enjoy being a multi millionaire.