Should Or shouldn’t GFT disciplinary letter(on topic)

GFT letter?

• Total voters

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
A lot of “unfairness” is all a matter of perception. For instance, a guy I work with was directly instructed by his Mgr to be back one night by a set time. Mgr even had him repeat the time (because the guy likes to buck the system). The guy came back an hour later than instructed and got upset because he was written up. Thought the Mgr was unfair.
OK, but that’s just one situation out of many.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
OK, but that’s just one situation.
There are many more usually involving the same people. I’ve been around a long time and from what I’ve seen, the majority of them deserved it. It’s a simple job and some folks think the rules don’t apply to them.

I’m not saying there aren’t any a hole managers, just not as many as you believe. The manager-hourly relationship at FedEx is a LOT more amicable than at UPS.

bacha29

There are many more usually involving the same people. I’ve been around a long time and from what I’ve seen, the majority of them deserved it. It’s a simple job and some folks think the rules don’t apply to them.

I’m not saying there aren’t any a hole managers, just not as many as you believe. The manager-hourly relationship at FedEx is a LOT more amicable than at UPS.
The reason it is in your opinion "amicable" is because labor has no power at Express. The balance of power is entirely over weighted in favor of managers.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
The reason it is in your opinion "amicable" is because labor has no power at Express. The balance of power is entirely over weighted in favor of managers.
Wut??? You realize one has nothing to do with the other, right? We DO have power. It’s just that some people are too lazy/ cowardly to fight for it.

bacha29

Wow you’re klassy with a “k” . I’m sure you’re the person who everybody loves.
Just exactly what is it you want? Are people supposed to feel sorry for the so called "manager"? What is not known is how badly has the accuser been treated by the so called "manager" in the past. Could it be that no one expected the driver to push back? Why the sense of shock and surprise?

bacha29

I run to the defense of what is right, management or not.
Hahaha A defender of what is right? Get out of here .At Express management is always right no matter how egregious it's conduct toward labor group employees may be Why? Because who's there to stop them. And anytime a person stands up to the company they are soon departed from the company. Oh sure you can carry your grievances up through the company but who is the person who will hear your argument? Why it's none other than a company employed manager. Good luck with that!

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Hahaha A defender of what is right? Get out of here .At Express management is always right no matter how egregious it's conduct toward labor group employees may be Why? Because who's there to stop them. And anytime a person stands up to the company they are soon departed from the company. Oh sure you can carry your grievances up through the company but who is the person who will hear your argument? Why it's none other than a company employed manager. Good luck with that!
Lol. You have no idea how things work at Express. You might want to save your ramblings for the Ground peeps.

GrimmTech

Just exactly what is it you want? Are people supposed to feel sorry for the so called "manager"? What is not known is how badly has the accuser been treated by the so called "manager" in the past. Could it be that no one expected the driver to push back? Why the sense of shock and surprise?

Wow you got me there,NOT. Feel sorry for mngr hmmm NO! Look at the facts presented,and make informed opinion. The shock and surprise is that you seem to feel it’s okay for said employee to try and throw this mngr under the bus because GFT did not go their way. Wow...

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Wow you got me there,NOT. Feel sorry for mngr hmmm NO! Look at the facts presented,and make informed opinion. The shock and surprise is that you seem to feel it’s okay for said employee to try and throw this mngr under the bus because GFT did not go their way. Wow...
Don’t mind him. He’s blinded by his bitterness towards FedEx and can’t look at things with a rational, open mind.

bacha29

That driver despite being completely powerless used whatever recourse was at his or her disposal to stand up and finally say enough is enough! That's obviously a character strength you can only dream of having.

bacha29

Don’t mind him. He’s blinded by his bitterness towards FedEx and can’t look at things with a rational, open mind.
Give your numerous trips to the Fedex Mind Control and Reeducation Academy you are not a strong candidate to decide who is and is not capable of addressing matters with an rational and open mind.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Give your numerous trips to the Fedex Mind Control and Reeducation Academy you are not a strong candidate to decide who is and is not capable of addressing matters with an rational and open mind.
4F2C4F97-2C17-4D71-83F6-D29E2175F1EF.gif