Should Or shouldn’t GFT disciplinary letter(on topic)

GFT letter?

• Total voters

GrimmTech

That driver despite being completely powerless used whatever recourse was at his or her disposal to stand up and finally say enough is enough! That's obviously a character strength you can only dream of having.
Powerless, Ha ha ha ha character of strength. Even funnier. This employee has so much character that fellow couriers have made complaints on.Not managers Couriers. So much integrity. This person is known to and been caught pulling stickers at sort off deliveries for their route and puts those pkgs in coworkers trucks ,so they won’t have to take out.

Real strength of character there. Give your coworker who averages has 80+stops, when your route averages 60-70 work assigned to your route. OKAY

bacha29

Powerless, Ha ha ha ha character of strength. Even funnier. This employee has so much character that fellow couriers have made complaints on.Not managers Couriers. So much integrity. This person is known to and been caught pulling stickers at sort off deliveries for their route and puts those pkgs in coworkers trucks ,so they won’t have to take out.

Real strength of character there. Give your coworker who averages has 80+stops, when your route averages 60-70 work assigned to your route. OKAY
Fedex is a company that worships "managers" but treats it's blue collar workers like second class citizens. The again...."known'' by who? Management of course. As evidenced by the way you immediately went to the defense of the so called "manager" casting ALL the blame on the accused driver. Again, in keeping with the caste system like culture so called "managers" can do no wrong. Then again they're so badly brain washed how could they?

Oldfart

There are SOME good ones yes, but unfortunately the bad ones outnumber them these days. If a manager plays fair, then he or she should expect the same. Same goes for when they don’t. See?
If you no longer work here, how do you know the quality of management. If you are getting fed information from friends of yours, that sure isnt saying much about their integrity.

GrimmTech

Fedex is a company that worships "managers" but treats it's blue collar workers like second class citizens. The again...."known'' by who? Management of course. As evidenced by the way you immediately went to the defense of the so called "manager" casting ALL the blame on the accused driver. Again, in keeping with the caste system like culture so called "managers" can do no wrong. Then again they're so badly brain washed how could they?
Facts are facts.Known by whom ,by fellow couriers ,you can read right? I’m done responding to your moronic comments.It’s obvious that your are a disgruntled person. You are aware that FedEx Ground and FedEx Express are separate companies under same corporation. Not run by same people or policies.
Pea brain need examples - Rold Gold pretzels ,Doritos, Cheetos ....all separate companies owned by Frito lay .

bacha29

Facts are facts.Known by whom ,by fellow couriers ,you can read right? I’m done responding to your moronic comments.It’s obvious that your are a disgruntled person. You are aware that FedEx Ground and FedEx Express are separate companies under same corporation. Not run by same people or policies.
Pea brain need examples - Rold Gold pretzels ,Doritos, Cheetos ....all separate companies owned by Frito lay .
And that manager that you idolize and in your mind can do no wrong is a big boy now. He can take care of himself. He doesn't need you me or anybody else to hold his hand.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Here’s my 2 cents it seems like manger in question is being left high and dry by legal. That HR investigator did a shotty and unthorough job.(btw said rep is known around office as being incompetent).In the event that ex-employee files a formal EEOC with the Government FedEx has covered their asses with the disciplinary letter to mngr.

Your last sentence likely says it all. Huge gray area but the person filing the complaint has a witness. Throw a letter at the accused just in case. Having a witness has more to do with it than anything.

I have urged this mngr to file his own GFT for the disciplinary letter. First and foremost the allegations are not true and are coming from a known liar and anyone with half a brain should be able to read between lines and conclude it is retaliation for being fired.Secondly that letter will be permanently in his file. Thirdly internal EEOC investigation was done by an idiot. And at time of EEOC mngr in question was on FMLA (broken foot,unrelated to work) so all responses to questions from HR rep were over phone,who’s to say what the HR rep actually wrote down.

Different opinion on matter?Thoughts,comments,suggestions?? What to include,or not include in GFT? Should mngr just let it go and accept the letter?

The manager should GFT it. Don't know what he should or shouldn't argue because I know nothing other than what was posted here and it's entirely possible that the manager said something inappropriate. People will admit this kind of stuff without realizing it.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
There are many more usually involving the same people. I’ve been around a long time and from what I’ve seen, the majority of them deserved it. It’s a simple job and some folks think the rules don’t apply to them.

I’m not saying there aren’t any a hole managers, just not as many as you believe.

Shocking as it may seem, people who are always in an ill mood and hard to deal with tend to see the world as full of people who are hard to deal with. IOW, a person who thinks all managers are bad is probably a lousy employee :)

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Wow you’re klassy with a “k” . I’m sure you’re the person who everybody loves.

Oooh, your first thread and you try coming in here all big and bad. So a manager loses at bat every now and then, suck it up buttercup. There’s been many more couriers who’ve been thrown under the bus for less with more severe outcomes.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Shocking as it may seem, people who are always in an ill mood and hard to deal with tend to see the world as full of people who are hard to deal with. IOW, a person who thinks all managers are bad is probably a lousy employee :)
And like I said your people skills suck.

Seems like all new managers feel like they deserve the utmost respect the moment they get the title, regardless of how lousy of a courier/CSA/dispatcher etc. they were and I’ve seen more than a few. Talk about an entitled bunch. Respect is EARNED not a given.

Last edited:

Oldfart

Seems like all new managers feel like they deserve the utmost respect the moment they get the title, regardless of how lousy of a courier/CSA/dispatcher etc. they were and I’ve seen more than a few. Talk about an entitled bunch. Respect is EARNED not a given.
Why would a manager seek respect from someone that hates people, life and everything in it. Sounds like several on here. Total waste of time on the managers part.

GrimmTech

Oooh, your first thread and you try coming in here all big and bad. So a manager loses at bat every now and then, suck it up buttercup. There’s been many more couriers who’ve been thrown under the bus for less with more severe outcomes.
It’s people like you that really just irritate me. You can’t simply answer what was asked. Instead you spew your bitterness towards managers. I asked for opinions about GFTing and gave facts pertaining to that circumstance. You’ve insulted and belittled people on this thread for no reason other than your just an :censored2:! Whatever no one forced you to read thread, so why do you feel so compelled to reply to it is beyond me.‍♀️ I didn’t try to come on here and be anything, I just asked question and was open to rational discussion. End of story.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
It’s people like you that really just irritate me. You can’t simply answer what was asked. Instead you spew your bitterness towards managers. I asked for opinions about GFTing and gave facts pertaining to that circumstance. You’ve insulted and belittled people on this thread for no reason other than your just an :censored2:! Whatever no one forced you to read thread, so why do you feel so compelled to reply to it is beyond me.‍♀️ I didn’t try to come on here and be anything, I just asked question and was open to rational discussion. End of story.
Hate to dash your hopes but it’s extremely difficult to have a rational discussion here. The same people devolve into personal attacks.

bacha29

The core problem is that some managers don't know the difference between subordination and servitude. At Ground one of our biggest points of conflict was that despite the fact that we were proclaimed to be"independent contractors" with significant amounts of borrowed money at risk, migrant farm workers had better protection under the law then we did as so called "independent contractors". Management knew it and took full advantage of it. It wasn't a partnership. It was a plantation.
Yes, we're talking about separate OPCO's but still under the same corporate governance and culture.
Now there is no excuse for bad behavior and unprofessional treatment of subordinates and coworkers but simply because you have the term "manager" beside your name that doesn't automatically mean that you are incapable of that type of behavior or absolve you if you are guilty of it.