Should Or shouldn’t GFT disciplinary letter(on topic)

GFT letter?

• Total voters

dex 84

FO are hardly late at my station.

Grossing $85 an hr I would be foolish to quit. 9 weeks vacation next year and 4 day weekends, I might never retire. I might work till I am 70. At 70 I can draw full salary AND full pension AND full SS while still doing what I want with all that vacation AND 4 day weekends.

Sitting at the airport waiting on my flight watching this Saints/Eagles game. Just spent the last 3 days at the Mecum Auction in Kissimmee and the best part is, I didn't have to take a single day off and don't go back to work till tue. Met Hulk Hogan and saw some beautiful rides.
I am not lying cactus. Life is beautiful. Too bad you can't enjoy this sweet deal.

How do you figure that you're grossing $85/hr?

Oldfart

How do you figure that you're grossing $85/hr?
Maybe $80. Do the math.

Saving almost $1900 a month in insurance premiums by working 10 or so hrs a week vs paying 2k a month in retirement insurance.

I make about $1100 or so a month working 40 or so hrs.

Saving 1900 plus making 1100 is roughly 3k.

Divide 3k by 40 hrs I work is close to $80, give or take a dollar or so.

My CPA even figured in my 8% Portable contribution, my 401k 3.5% match and it was close to $90 an hr.

All while keeping my benefits except for disability insurance.

Sweet deal.

dezguy

Old flip flop probably could have saved a lot of money over his lifetime by choosing a team to root for instead of just picking whatever team was best that season or picking multiple good teams to cheer for.

I guess the satisfaction of cheering for the winning team all the time is better than actually retiring or something.

Oldfart

But you're such a good employee they didn't make you choose, you got a turkey and a ham...
Not a turkey person if given a choice. Prefer a good spiral cut smoked ham. Some years we have been given 1 or the other. This year for Thanksgiving and Christmas they gave us a choice.

dex 84

Not a turkey person if given a choice. Prefer a good spiral cut smoked ham. Some years we have been given 1 or the other. This year for Thanksgiving and Christmas they gave us a choice.

See, that's the difference between me and you. I would always choose turkey.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I wake up early everyday I am home regardless of the day. I assist my neighbor on his paper route when I am not working. His tranny is out and I either loan him a truck or help him out until he gets his finances in order.
Until he gets his finances in order? You’ll be stuck helping him for the forseeable future and beyond and for $0.00 an hour. Sounds like such a lovely gig. You two hillbillies live in the same trailer park?

Oldfart

Until he gets his finances in order? You’ll be stuck helping him for the forseeable future and beyond and for $0.00 an hour. Sounds like such a lovely gig. You two hillbillies live in the same trailer park?
My pleasure and I hope I get to keep helping him. His dad passed away years ago and I have always looked after him and his mom. I have offered to finance his tranny but his mom is stubborn. Even to bench build a GM 4L60 tranny is over a grand so I make sure he has something to drive to work and school. I know helping others is beyond your grasp but that is what normal human beings do. You should try it sometimes, it might make your personality bearable to others.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
My pleasure and I hope I get to keep helping him. His dad passed away years ago and I have always looked after him and his mom. I have offered to finance his tranny but his mom is stubborn. Even to bench build a GM 4L60 tranny is over a grand so I make sure he has something to drive to work and school. I know helping others is beyond your grasp but that is what normal human beings do. You should try it sometimes, it might make your personality bearable to others.
Nice story.

So in other words, you found someone who will listen to all your crap? Congrats.

dezguy

LMAO I just couldn't help myself. I had to see what old flip flop was saying.

You truly are the definition of a walking contradiction.

You've said, repeatedly that you don't care there are people you work with who are making $10 an hour less than you or that they have to work two jobs to make ends meet. You've told us you charge people in order to trade vacation weeks with you. You don't care you topped out in 14 months whereas some of your co workers have over a decade in and aren't close to top out but then you turn around and want us all to believe your a good guy, looking after your neighbour after his dad died?

You're so concerned about this guy, going out of your way to help him out and offering to loan him money, all the while not giving a :censored2: about the people you work next to.

Nope sorry, not buying it. The truth is more like you watch him deliver papers from your front window, knowing his hardships and do nothing. Buuuut you thought about helping so that's pretty much helping him.