Should the Democratic Gov From VA-Ralph Northam Resign?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
omg, not another one...

Norment, the Republican majority leader of the state Senate, oversaw the Virginia Military Institute’s yearbook in 1968, the news outlet reports. In that yearbook, students appear dressed in blackface in several photos, and racial slurs are used regularly. In one instance, a student from Bangkok, Thailand, is called a “Jap” and a “Chink.” A caption under another unidentified man’s photo reads: “He was known as the ‘Barracks Jew’ having his fingers in the finances of the entire Corps.”

Virginia State Senator Tommy Norment Edited Yearbook With Blackface, Slurs

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
omg, not another one...

Norment, the Republican majority leader of the state Senate, oversaw the Virginia Military Institute’s yearbook in 1968, the news outlet reports. In that yearbook, students appear dressed in blackface in several photos, and racial slurs are used regularly. In one instance, a student from Bangkok, Thailand, is called a “Jap” and a “Chink.” A caption under another unidentified man’s photo reads: “He was known as the ‘Barracks Jew’ having his fingers in the finances of the entire Corps.”

Virginia State Senator Tommy Norment Edited Yearbook With Blackface, Slurs
This is beyond ridiculous. It was 1968!! I challenge anyone to find a single Southern state with politicians from 1968 who didn’t say or do something racist. The most popular comment did make me laugh out loud though. Lol.

09862092-E65D-4680-A751-29FAECF28E82.png

Last edited:

oldngray

nowhere special
This is beyond ridiculous. It was 1968!! I challenge anyone to find a single Southern state with politicians from 1968 who didn’t say or do something racist. The most popular commen did make me laugh out loud though. Lol.

View attachment 234859

Digging through 50 year old yearbooks is getting downright silly. Last guy was one of 7 editors who may have known something was in it but no direct proof linking him to anything.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
This is beyond ridiculous. It was 1968!! I challenge anyone to find a single Southern state with politicians from 1968 who didn’t say or do something racist. The most popular comment did make me laugh out loud though. Lol.
When it was only Northam I figured he was toast and it was just a matter of time before he resigned, but now I'm getting the sense that all these guys are gonna stick to the same narrative about how "it was in the past, times were different then, we're different people now, we've learned and grown, who among us is without sin" etc. The bottom line is that with the exception of Justin Fairfax none of these guys have been accused of committing an actual crime and being that there is safety in numbers they might all just slide by.

oldngray

nowhere special
When it was only Northam I figured he was toast and it was just a matter of time before he resigned, but now I'm getting the sense that all these guys are gonna stick to the same narrative about how "it was in the past, times were different then, we're different people now, we've learned and grown, who among us is without sin" etc. The bottom line is that with the exception of Justin Fairfax none of these guys have been accused of committing an actual crime and being that there is safety in numbers they might all just slide by.

Probably most Virginia politicians in that age group will have similar skeletons in their closets. They will try to wait and ride out the storm until it fades from front page news.

Although it will pop back up next elections.

newfie

Probably most Virginia politicians in that age group will have similar skeletons in their closets. They will try to wait and ride out the storm until it fades from front page news.

Although it will pop back up next elections.

I think there are a lot of skeletons in a lot of closets on this issue.

I think there were a lot of people dressing up in blackface decades ago when it was not considered as offensive.

Box Ox

I think there are a lot of skeletons in a lot of closets on this issue.

I think there were a lot of people dressing up in blackface decades ago when it was not considered as offensive.

Ben Shapiro was correct when he said there'd be a lotta baby boomer politicians out of a job if they all came forward and admitted to blackfacing en masse.

vantexan

Didn't Democrats dominate Southern politics when Jim Crow laws were in place?

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
As they should ... people going to be people.
This obtuse PC nonsense started with Kavanaugh and is running it's course.