Should The Next Contract Address "Scabs?"

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Exactly,
UPS paid my wage and benefits. UPS hired me without having to be in the union.
I negotiated, by accepting, what they were willing to pay.
Nothing more, and nothing less.
If the teamsters set the standard, so what?
I worked, UPS paid.
Teamsters negotiated the standard though, the highest in the industry. Best wages and benefits. The ones you and I enjoy, even if you did not reciprocate. I paid dues for both of us. Even if you are convinced that the Teamsters role does not require a response from you financially, you must realize that without them the standard would be lower as would the benefits we receive. It doesn't take a degree to understand that UPS pays what that do for one reason. The Teamsters. I'm glad there are still younger, smarter and possibly undereducated drivers who unlike you understand this and support the union.

satellitedriver

After reading all the posts on this thread this one is the scariest because it is so true. My family and I have been pro Union all my working life and have enjoyed the pay and benefits negotiated by the Union for me. No-the Teamsters are not perfect but I feel sorry for anybody who would have to work for a non-Union UPS. It would take no time at all to turn into another FedEx or worse yet a Walmart type of work environment. To those who think UPS would offer the same pay and benefits package if it was non-Union -----damn --you area a special kind of stupid. The American worker has long way to go before they hit bottom but with the death of Unions that train will speed up considerably. If you scabs live long enough maybe you can relive the good old days days when kids worked in the mines.

Kids working in the mine?
I was young when I did work in a coal mine.
Have you every had that pleasure, Rod?
Probably not, it was just an analogy for you, not a reality.

Define stupid?

Less than 10% of the American work force is the shining light for the other 90%?

Everyone can not get a gold star just for showing up for work.
If you want to define the special kind of stupid then define why union membership and jobs have declined over the last 30yrs.
Look for the union label on any clothes you wear.
Look for a union made tool.-(no pun intended)-.

This is a capitalistic society and unions have priced themselves out of the market.
They have their place, but the membership gave the power and money, to the powers that control the unions.
Power corrupts and the unions are poster boys.
I know drivers at FedEx that had the smarts to buy routes and make more than any UPS driver. Sorry, they were so stupid.
I just took gumption and risk which the union would never allow.
Now, to address "EVIL" Walmart.
My satellite center was just the parking lot of a Walmart Express store.
After 20yrs, starting off as a warehouse man my friend work up to being the manager.
He retired at the age of 55 with $750,000.00
in Walmart stock.
He got bored after 1yr of retirement and applied at a Lowe's store to be a warehouseman, just to have something to do.
He now is the manager of that store.
Every person that I have known that worked at Walmart over 20yrs has a minimum of $250,000 in stock.
Unions are a guarantee for mediocrity.
The other 90% of working Americans will look upon the shining light of the wealthy 10% of union workers and wonder how they can vote in more government officials to make unions mandatory in every state.

Browntown2014

Define stupid?

Less than 10% of the American work force is the shining light for the other 90%?

If you want to define the special kind of stupid then define why union membership and jobs have declined over the last 30yrs.

This is a capitalistic society and unions have priced themselves out of the market.
They have their place, but the membership gave the power and money, to the powers that control the unions.
I know drivers at FedEx that had the smarts to buy routes and make more than any UPS driver. Sorry, they were so stupid.
After 20yrs, starting off as a warehouse man my friend work up to being the manager.
in Walmart stock.
He got bored after 1yr of retirement and applied at a Lowe's store to be a warehouseman, just to have something to do.
Every person that I have known that worked at Walmart over 20yrs has a minimum of $250,000 in stock.
The other 90% of working Americans will look upon the shining light of the wealthy 10% of union workers and wonder how they can vote in more government officials to make unions mandatory in every state.

Good lord are you made of 100% pure BS?

We get it scab you prefer to be a welfare queen and coast off all of us who pay dues.

Ron Carey lives on

Republicans kill me, entitlements are a big issue with them, and quite frankly it is with me. Why are you entitled to my contract if you denouce the union and choose not to pay dues. Its a simple question?

Sent using BrownCafe App

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

Define stupid?

in Walmart stock.

Satellite, I think what you're missing is, that no matter what, the vast majority will fall into the category that you term "mediocity".
Other words for it are mean, middle, median, average, etc, and there is no shame in it for those who are willing to work.
In doing so, in a union shop, they are entitled to a fair share of the spoils and reasonable conditions to earn by virtue of collective bargaining.
Everybody can't elevate themselves to the levels you advertise and it shouldn't reduce them to indentured servitude.

You obviously hold yourself in high regards, yet somehow seem to forget that YOU CHOSE to embrace what the union negotiated for you.
At no point did you attempt to swim upstream at UPS or any of your other numerous oportunities, did you?

Enjoy your retirement and inflated sense of self, and on behalf of all Teamsters, your welcome.

juliebrown

We are not scabs, because a lot of us are only PT and working less then 20 hours a week $25.00 may not be a lot to you who is FT and making over $80-$100k a year. And if you live in my state "A Right to Work " we have the freedom not to join the union. A Right to Work law secures the right of employees to decide for themselves whether or not to join or financially support a union with no back lash. So please do not call me or anyone else who may not be able to afford the dues. I am thankful
that you can not move me down the seniority ladder. Someday when I am a full timer, I will join.

We are not scabs, because a lot of us are only PT and working less then 20 hours a week $25.00 may not be a lot to you who is FT and making over $80-$100k a year. And if you live in my state "A Right to Work " we have the freedom not to join the union. A Right to Work law secures the right of employees to decide for themselves whether or not to join or financially support a union with no back lash. So please do not call me or anyone else who may not be able to afford the dues. I am thankful
that you can not move me down the seniority ladder. Someday when I am a full timer, I will join.
So you are saying? You should receive the same healthcare, paid vacations, holidays and pay increases as union members? And expect the union to represent you, if you get in trouble?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Any part-timer with less than 20 years who joins the Union willingly is a lamb.
You go Julie Brown!

16tons

I can't afford not to pay dues, 25$ a week for healthcare, retirement, job security.

UPS4Life

So if it wasn't for ups paying your healthcare because the teamsters negotiated it. How much out of pocket would you have to pay for health insurance?

Sent using BrownCafe App