Should the Teamsters/UPS 401k plan allocate to Bitcoin ETF when approved?

Should the Teamsters/UPS 401k plan allocate to Bitcoin ETF when approved?

• Yes

• No

• I cannot read

• I love working

Results are only viewable after voting.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Correct our pension is a defined benefit. That is hopefully stable and gives you an idea of what you will get and then you need to fill in the gaps with your 401(k) your IRA and if you’re savvy enough, maybe even some crypto.
You mean not speculating with peoples retirement income?

Shocking.

100%ORIONComplianceGuy

25+ Year UPSer and Teamster
Bitcoin is anything but constant with its return.
History shows otherwise. Zoom out!
It doesn’t have a finite supply.

It has the supply that is voted upon.

Bitcoin can very plausibly increase the total coin supply through its democratic process.
You have much to learn about bitcoin.
Our pension has never been guaranteed against inflation. Best we can do is negotiate at contract year. We are not the government we do not have pretend money.
Very true! For most people, the only way to get a pension that is somewhat free of inflation is to get a government job. Many of which jobs aren’t even needed, and the money is printed out of thin air to compensate people for. 🤦‍♂️

Thebrownblob

History shows otherwise. Zoom out!

Very true! For most people, the only way to get a pension that is somewhat free of inflation is to get a government job. Many of which jobs aren’t even needed, and the money is printed out of thin air to compensate people for. 🤦‍♂️
Yep, I will agree with you about government pensions. They promised things before they even have the money because the government governments can raise taxes and manipulate currency. Private businesses cannot do that.

Correct our pension is a defined benefit. That is hopefully stable and gives you an idea of what you will get and then you need to fill in the gaps with your 401(k) your IRA and if you’re savvy enough, maybe even some crypto.
These younger guys do not get it
Especially now with no new money going to the pension the number today may not look bad but 20 years down the line it's not going to be a good number

Wouldn’t be a need if the feds weren’t so irresponsible (purposely) with money.
No you're not understanding what I'm trying to say
The feds have nothing to do with our pension
A pension is basically annuity it will give you a lifetime income depending on options you picked out
4,500 a month today may not sound bad but 20 years from now that's not a good number
So you get your pension is a base income independent on your age at some social security to that
Then use your 401k or your IRA to give you a little increase in your monthly living expensive

Screenshot_20240515-125239.png

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Tell me where my technicals are wrong.

If they add a BIP that changes the hardcap, could that be voted into existence?

We both know the answer is yes. Assuming you know how the protocol works.

You have inflation free currency until the 51% realize that it is in their best interests to devalue the currency of the 49%.

Welcome to democracy. The billion dollar mining companies that are publicly traded don’t plan to disappear, and they have a vested interest in the hard cap lifting.

100%ORIONComplianceGuy

No you're not understanding what I'm trying to say
The feds have nothing to do with our pension
A pension is basically annuity it will give you a lifetime income depending on options you picked out
4,500 a month today may not sound bad but 20 years from now that's not a good number
So you get your pension is a base income independent on your age at some social security to that
Then use your 401k or your IRA to give you a little increase in your monthly living expensive
I think you’re responding to the wrong person. 🤷‍♂️

I didn’t question how our pension is structured. I’m questioning the inflation that devalues it and EVERYTHING else due to government malfeasance. And whether or not BTC should have a place in pensions to hedge against that inflation.

I didn’t question how our pension is structured. I’m questioning the inflation that devalues it and EVERYTHING else due to government malfeasance. And whether or not BTC should have a place in pensions to hedge against that inflation.
I'll have to disagree with you on this one
Everything is a gamble that's correct but there are no parameters on bitcoin

Thebrownblob

Well, if you believe there’s malfeasance, which I tend to agree with you on, why do you not believe there will not be more government maleficence when it comes to digital currency?

100%ORIONComplianceGuy

Tell me where my technicals are wrong.

If they add a BIP that changes the hardcap, could that be voted into existence?

We both know the answer is yes. Assuming you know how the protocol works.

You have inflation free currency until the 51% realize that it is in their best interests to devalue the currency of the 49%.

Welcome to democracy. The billion dollar mining companies that are publicly traded don’t plan to disappear, and they have a vested interest in the hard cap lifting.
The hard cap cannot simply be “voted on“ by a group of people, such as a board of directors, sitting on top of a pump and dump coin, but would require a massive consensus of NETWORK USERS to agree to change the one thing that makes the most valuable asset ever known to man into another alt coin. And therefore negating the entire incentive to participate.

Good luck with that!

Or as you would put it. “LOL”

100%ORIONComplianceGuy

I'll have to disagree with you on this one
Everything is a gamble that's correct but there are no parameters on bitcoin
Those parameters will likely change once people actually learn more about it.
Well, if you believe there’s malfeasance, which I tend to agree with you on, why do you not believe there will not be more government maleficence when it comes to digital currency?
For CBDCs….. definitely! Which is why we should all be fighting like crazy to stop them. Anything the government can “program“ can be used against us.

But bitcoin? Other than hoarding all of it up, which they have missed the opportunity to do, there really isn’t much they can do. Alt coins are more susceptible to manipulation.