Should the UPS Stores be unionized too? They sure need something...

B

beatenbrown

You are right. Most MBE owners bought into the business to be their own boss. UPS steps in and takes that dream away. Many signed just for the express purpose of selling thier stores. Others bought into the whole brand name value and now have to contend with the type of customer low low prices from UPS attract who dont buy anything else and UPS makes all the money. UPS is also going to leverage this network and keep all that royalty money and savings for themselves. If you guys are right about Mike being anti-Union, what better way to get around the Union workers than to get some contractually bound suckers to do the work for free and in fact get paid for it! Any UPS hub near a bunch of these UPS Store "mini hubs" may see some decrease in business or workload when the UPS Stores start doing it for free. Hey, the handwriting is on the wall. Its up to you to read it

U

upsdawg

Browbeaten-----I'm sorry Brown Beaten

UPS took the MBE ownwers dream away?? I think you are extremely ignorant of the fact that the previous owner of MBE was getting ready to file bankruptcy---where would the dreams have gone than when no one would want to do business with MBE?? As far as the owners selling their stores---they still can--they still own them---and guess what????? They are worth more now because they are associted with a strong company like UPS!! If I was a current owner, it would be hard for me to be upset with selling my business for more than what it was worth just a couple of years ago.

Is UPS going to roll out more service options to the UPS Store that will make them more profitable and add value to their business???If I were a Franchise owner of a UPS/MBE Store, I would rather
put me hopes in a company like UPS than one who is not financially stable.

Ask yourself this question--if UPS were to pull out and sell the MBE/UPS Stores do you think that Fed ex or Deutche Post/DHL/Airborne would be the forst to purchase them ? They would love to have a presence in the market so people could ship "Their " packages???

F

feederdryver

I agree with UPSdawg..look how FedEx benefited just from sticking their ugly drop boxes outside the USPS doors.

And tell me BB... how will a UPS store steal away work from a hub or center? Are they planning on erecting conveyor belts and slides in the back of their offices?? Duh. Or maybe they will be building loading and unloading docks out back by the parking lots.

Now I'm almost positive you work for FedEx.