SHOULD UPS PROVIDE TOILET PAPER

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
It's all good, I can see how people can view me that way, even if I don't agree with it.
B83A593A-2686-46D4-A8DE-EE2FFECC35DD.gif

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

Is that your way of saying that you're confused by what I said? I use empathy, my limited understanding of how other people view the world, to inform myself that people might see my views as extreme. I think the main reason is because people think compromise is the correct approach to getting along. There is some legitimacy to that, but it is a methodology that can be, and is being, exploited. The left drags the overton window to their side by making more and more absurd claims, while we are expected to find a compromise. That doesn't work out when one side is dishonest and disingenuous. They don't care about "getting along". They want power at all costs. That is the extremist view. Seeking the truth of the matter, no matter how short we may fall, should be the overarching ideology that regulates the interactions between people. Most people don't see it that way, so I can understand that they think my insistence on truth is extreme, when, in reality, it is the moderate and reasonable position.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Is that your way of saying that you're confused by what I said? I use empathy, my limited understanding of how other people view the world, to inform myself that people might see my views as extreme. I think the main reason is because people think compromise is the correct approach to getting along. There is some legitimacy to that, but it is a methodology that can be, and is being, exploited. The left drags the overton window to their side by making more and more absurd claims, while we are expected to find a compromise. That doesn't work out when one side is dishonest and disingenuous. They don't care about "getting along". They want power at all costs. That is the extremist view. Seeking the truth of the matter, no matter how short we may fall, should be the overarching ideology that regulates the interactions between people. Most people don't see it that way, so I can understand that they think my insistence on truth is extreme, when, in reality, it is the moderate and reasonable position.
Sorry you wasted all those words. I was confused that anyone WOULD consider you as extreme. I’ve always admired your reasoned views. Sheesh

AccidentProne

No they should not. Even though osha states an employer has the duty to provide clean fresh water, and bathrooms, I personally bring my own toilet paper. Everybody should do the same

People need to stop being soft pusses. I would rather ups save money so I personally bring toilet paper. Be prepared for work and bring toilet paper.

And yes, this is a sarcastic post mocking people who don’t think our employer has the duty to provide cool clean drinking water. Just as UPS needs to provide toilet paper, they need to provide water FOR drivers FOR the whole day

You notice how all garbage men have big orange containers of drinking water? How construction crews have big orange containers of drinking water? It’s an osha rule. UPS has a duty to provide drivers with either a cooler and enough bottled water for the day, or a big container full of ice water

I personally take 2-3 paid breaks every day to break trace and go to a gas station to procure drinking water ON THE CLOCK.

While on a half day safety ride, I broke trace and pulled up to 7-11. The supervisor “taking lunch”, me “nope getting water since osha states my employer should provide it and you guys don’t”, supervisor “uh ok”. Nothing came if it. 15 min interruption from stop to stop. Everybody should be doing the same.
Multiple breaks and 15 mins stop, what time you get out? 1 am?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
At the time it was $5/hr over UPS top rate and was in addition to my pension.

I was planning on going back to H&R Block for a third season at $13.20/hr. When one of former sups texted me about this opportunity, I jumped at it. I "worked" two days a week and made more than I would have made had I worked 60-80 hours at Block plus I was doing something that I enjoyed.

I did find the crop of newbies to be rather unimpressive; yes, there were a few standouts but, for the most part, the bar has definitely been lowered. We had one girl who needed to take two mental health breaks during the Clarksville simulated delivery village, which consisted of 5 delivery stops, two pickups and a back. Sad.
Clarksville is dead dude…closed and went belly up years ago. Don’t tell us you were “training” peak hires…I can only imagine the chip you must of had running around barking orders like you own the :censored2:ing place…jr. on road sup…your dream finally came true buddy, congratulations.

This new BC is just filled with fascinating topics.
Why would @IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U ever want to take a break????

What’s the Thought for Today?
Drink UPS water with your right hand and use UPS toilet paper with your left?
A lot of it seems like a pissing contest about something.

I provide my own water for my personal well-being I don't expect a company to supply me with that.

Occasionally I do through a case of water in my truck but he's at the wash my hands off with or sometimes pretty little drinks them I really don't care.

I would have to be the point that I was going to crap myself before I would use a UPS bathroom to take a dump.