Simple hacks for the UPS driver - On topic please

WTFm8

Use a binder clip to hold your toll transponder.

Shuttle air across turnpike in a box truck... truck hasn’t had a transponder in 8-9months. Air that missed truck?? Load it into the closest empty package car and take that on toll road with no transponder either.

WTFm8

Holy :censored2: how long is lunch? HAHAHA!

Our supplement makes ours 1 hour. Upon mutual agreement of employee/management you can take 30 min. Can break the hour up to a 20 between hour 1 and 3 and a 40 later.

Or do what I do a lot... 20 min brunch around 10:30-11:30 range then arpund 4-5 range take another 10 min lunch and immediately then my 10 min paid break so I get 2 20 min breaks a day.

Froome

Did you ever have a dog come at you? Use the diad, hit the scan button and point the lazer at the dogs eyes. They don't like it and tend to turn away.

ol'browneye

Just found this thread and didn't read through all 18 pages so forgive me if this has been mentioned already, but if somebody hasn't stolen the trash can from your truck, you can use that can lined with a couple DR bags as an emergency crapper! :poop: I always carry a roll of toilet paper, which can also double as Kleenex, just in case and recently graduated to the moist, flushable wipes, which I did see mentioned earlier. They are so much easier on the ol'browneye. (see what I did there!) And an extra pair of underwear comes in handy in case the DR bags are sticking closed and you can't get them open in time or what you thought was going to be a fart, isn't. I carry an extra pair of shorts for days when I lift correctly and rip them out from zipper to belt loop but now that I think about it, they would also help save the day in the "can't get the DR bags open in time" scenario! If you do decide to use this driver hack I strongly advise that you dispose of said DR bag ASAP as even after using 5 bags, that trash can will smell like a blue room for hours! (Not to mention the back of your truck.) And yes, I do carry hand sanitizer for easy disinfecting.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
D93377F7-014E-40CA-A98A-5A891025E40D.jpeg
No need to order a new window knob ,,, we have washers !!!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
9EE85F93-AB5C-458C-B048-3998F7F983E5.jpeg
A DIAD holster hung from the registration pouch with a bankers clasp makes an excellent tape gun holder that will keep your tape roll clean and intact and prevent the teeth from getting bent and beat up.
I have used this hack for awhile and it works, it keeps it accessible and I have never once had it fly out.

soberups

FF0950A0-B2D8-476C-8896-08A30C923774.jpeg
A zip tie and a caribiner clip attached to the passenger seat belt mount is an excellent way to hang your jacket and hat. Just tuck the jacket inside the folding seat to keep it from blowing around. It keeps them accessible and beats having them slide around on a filthy shelf.

upsgrunt

I know you've been around, maybe longer than me, but there is NO way, NO way, those wrenches banging against that aluminum all day doesn't make you want to eat a bullet.

soberups

I know you've been around, maybe longer than me, but there is NO way, NO way, those wrenches banging against that aluminum all day doesn't make you want to eat a bullet.
They dont bang against the aluminum.
They are hanging on a carabiner clip that is attached to a bankers clasp on the registration pouch, with a pair of gloves underneath them.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
sketch-1540147914270.png

That time of year when it's darker sooner...

I can leave it on all night without impeding my vision out the windshield or side mirrors

May have to add another layer... from the cardboard of our status door tags

soberups

9131879F-55EC-43C2-ABDF-6CA8E2225F4D.jpeg
A8143E95-D533-422F-B6EC-33FB459774CC.jpeg
One of my pet peeves about the newer backup monitors is that they are too bright at night and the glare interferes with my night vision.
One day I was in the auto shop and noticed a cracked sun visor in the trash that a mechanic had replaced out of a package car. So I repurposed it by cutting it into a 4 1/2” x 9” rectangle that I put over the monitor with rubber bands. It works great to cut the glare down. I have made a few of these for other drivers by removing the sun visors out of ADA cars before they get towed away to be crushed.

soberups

88EF07DA-81A5-4BB6-9395-99D8EFC2C6D2.jpeg
I bought these plastic crates at my local Fred Meyer (aka Krogers) for $1.50 each.
They are basically milk crates, only half sized.
On the newer package cars, the rail above the door has holes drilled in it. So I set the crates on top of the rail and threaded zip-ties up through the holes in the rail and through the holes in the bottom of the crate to secure them. I also tightened them down with a bungee cord.
These are perfect to store supplies in and they utilize what is otherwise wasted space in the package car.