Simple hacks for the UPS driver - On topic please

Upsman84

View attachment 220415 View attachment 220416 View attachment 220417 I really like the new 2018 Freightliner they gave me, but now that it gets dark early I have discovered an annoying flaw; the LCD display on the instrument cluster is bright, and positioned such that it reflects on the inside of the window and blocks my view of the bottom mirror.
I fixed this problem by putting a wire bankers clasp on the little visor and then sliding a square of cardboard between the wire and the flat part of the clasp. It’s easy and it works perfect.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
He is way smarter than you. That will get you fired. He knows this.
Malicious, wanton destruction of company property is a terminable offense.
Covering the orifice of a beeper with a piece of electrical tape to reduce the volume from “ear splitting air-raid siren” down to “moderately annoying” is not.
Hypothetically speaking, of course...

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Malicious, wanton destruction of company property is a terminable offense.
Covering the orifice of a beeper with a piece of electrical tape to reduce the volume from “ear splitting air-raid siren” down to “moderately annoying” is not.
Hypothetically speaking, of course...

What about filling it full of 4 tubes of Superglue hypothetically

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
If the beeping gets on ur nerves on yhat freightliner take the speedo out with them 4 screws and fix it with stuff
The mechanic will remove it at PMI and report tampering. The center manager should be interested his/her drivers have time to tamper with "safety" features on the clock.

Last edited:

DiadTrainer

I find a thin package and place it under my handtruck when its locked in the back. that extra 2" helps keep the BANG BANG BANG sound of the handtruck shifting when I make those sharp turns at 30mph

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
If you have one of the new DIAD cradles, you have probably already figured out that it is a pain in the ass to remove the DIAD due to the poorly designed catch on the back. Rather than give yourself a case of carpal tunnel, simply wedge some delivery notices in front of the backboard to defeat the catch. One more thing: the USB port only works while the DIAD is in the cradle and the engine is on but it will keep a Blutooth speaker fully charged. If you try to charge a cell phone it will show an error message on the DIAD but it will still work to charge the phone, you will just be unable to view the map.
DC56AF7A-5AB5-41EF-81FC-B131D105BC9D.jpeg

jbrockins

I'd like to start a thread to share simple "hacks" that could make things easier for drivers. Here are a few that I have come up with during my 28 year career.

This is the "zip tie Mag Light holder." All you need is a zip tie and a Phillips head screwdriver to solve the problem of keeping your flashlight handy. The location may vary according to the model of truck you drive but the idea is the same.
View attachment 57836
instead of having a large flashlight, i have a small led, that i have on a lanyard around my neck, never forget to take it home, when extremely cold, body heat keeps it warm, and it will light up house numbers 100yds away,,if only i could read the things at that distance. also has adjustable beam, so i can quickly go to floodlight. hands free when handling pkgs.

jbrockins

Bungee cords are a drivers best friend. I use one to keep a roll of paper towels handy. I have a roll bungeed to the overhead vent, above my rear-view monitor. Its totally out of the way yet easy accessible. I just removed a roll from one of the paper towel dispensers in the locker room, there are several of them in our building and the janitor refills them when empty. Very handy for cleaning windows or dirty hands! Mounting location may vary according to vehicle type.
View attachment 57838
great idea, also carry some wet ones, individual packs.

turq

IDK if its a hack but, if you have multiple consignees at one address (like a mall or bldg), hit the letter Z. It will break them down by name and not address. I had to find that out by accident ( a while back now) and came to realize that I was the only one who knew about it. Not even the sups knew about it... why am I not surprised. Oh yeah Trader Joes dog treats, they are like crack for dogs. They will love you forever....but don't run out haha

clean hairy

If the green light on the diad comes on with a message to take stops from another Driver, just reply back: "No compendre, no speak English!"
They would be amused by that response?

IDK if its a hack but, if you have multiple consignees at one address (like a mall or bldg), hit the letter Z. It will break them down by name and not address. I had to find that out by accident ( a while back now) and came to realize that I was the only one who knew about it. Not even the sups knew about it... why am I not surprised. Oh yeah Trader Joes dog treats, they are like crack for dogs. They will love you forever....but don't run out haha
Works great for malls. But it seems not everybody has that version of software. It doesn’t work everywhere.

Overpaid Union Thug

The new DR bags are garbage but I think yanking a bunch out of the middle and placing the old DR bag school through there will work out just fine. For a while anyway.

Attachments

• upload_2019-5-9_15-23-18.jpeg
    upload_2019-5-9_15-23-18.jpeg
    170.2 KB · Views: 520