Simple hacks for the UPS driver - On topic please

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by soberups, Oct 21, 2015.

1. DiadTrainer

DiadTrainer Member

how do you turn the brightness up on the diad? not the keypad, the screen

2. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

Aren’t you a @DiadTrainer

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  3. DiadTrainer

DiadTrainer Member

check my pic
    noone showed

4. A good guy

A good guy Member

What is this :censored2:ing monstrosity?

5. gman042

gman042 Been around the block a few times

THAT?
    Oh THAT is the newest and latest to force you to run Orion.
    Every time you plug your DIAD in there it brings up the next stop on Orion trace and enables the map nav function automatically and gives you turn by turn directions to that stop.

But wait.....
    There is more....
    And there are compliance metrics involved for its use

6. Rack em

Rack em 2018 Brown Cafe Fantasy Football Champion

Yup. Ups wasting money on things that will also cost them more money. This company is in a downward spiral, I am hoping to have a job in 10 years.

7. A good guy

A good guy Member

Im assuming that if you put it in the old diad holder your sup would be sending you a message after 5 minutes?

8. UPS_carnage11

UPS_carnage11 New Member

You don't have to follow Orion with the new diad rack. Wherever you place the carrot is where it will send you in the map view.

If they start forcing Orion they're going to have a ton of late air and missed businesses. Not to mention the OT to drivers following a system that drives you in circles all day. Hopefully they never fix it. I can't afford to lose the money.

9. UPS_carnage11

UPS_carnage11 New Member

You will show up on the telematics report. Do your supes bitch about back first exceptions or recording while idle flags?

10. KoennenTiger

KoennenTiger Active Member

I don't get this shot. We've got forced Orion here and my God does it slow me down. Drive the wrong way down this one way street! OK Orion it will save the company money if I do! Sure they are going 55 mph but hey my truck is pretty big I'm sure they'll all get out of the way.

Oh what's that Orion? Drive through the train station? Right through it? Why not?!! I'll save miles!

Wait Orion? I should make my package car fly and fly over the freeway exit?? My God why didn't I think of that with my Smart(tm) AI? Why the :censored2: do I go a mile every day to drive around behind the freeway exit?! My Gosh I'm so stupid thankfully Orion is here!

I'm just going to drive like an Amazon guy!

I can't wait until I can only see the next stop this smart machine learning AI is going to show me! Five late air and fifteen missed packages every day while I get 11 hours and twenty extra miles! 6 billion dollars a year in profit isn't enough! I need to drive the wrong way down one way streets gosh dang it!

Also tips! In the winter wear latex gloves under your work gloves. Your hands won't get wet and your fingers won't freeze as bad.

11. KoennenTiger

No. But if I get a recording in travel flag the center manager will make a point to talk to me

12. A good guy

A good guy Member

For the longest time I didnt know that accepting a on demand pickup was considered a record while idle. Went half a year without someone saying anything.

13. KoennenTiger

Hot cross buns wait!! That's a recording infraction?!!!

14. Scan My Package

Scan My Package New Member

Hey, any hacks or suggestions on ventilating the back during the hot and humid dog days of summer?

15. Operational needs

Operational needs Virescit Vulnere Virtus

16. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

Leave the back door open

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  17. Dr.Brown

Dr.Brown Swollen Member

18. Operational needs

Operational needs Virescit Vulnere Virtus

19. MC0493

MC0493 Active Member

That seems like a neat idea, but that's alot of :censored2: to bring with you on a daily basis.

20. Netsua 3:16

Netsua 3:16 Stop being a little bitch

It's any time you stop complete a screen. Like if your lunch warning pops ups while you're sitting at a light or you get a message and look to see what it says, as long as you don't complete the message acceptance with engine on you won't pop up. At least that's what I was informed and can attest to