Simple hacks for the UPS driver - On topic please

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
So ..... looks like someone else is freakish about their mirror settings. LOL
Yes I am freakish. I back more than any other driver on my center, 70-80 times a day or more. My mirrors also get beat up by tree limbs and over time will work themselves loose. Re-tightening and adjusting them is something I do on a regular basis. Its also a goid idea to have a wrench if you are a cover driver who drives s different car every day, getting your mirrors the way you want them is a big safety issue.

soberups

Filling out delivery notices can be a real hassle when it is dark, raining, and you are trying to dig them out of a shirt pocket while wearing winter clothes and gloves.

If you encounter delays during your work day, a good use of that time is to go through your load and stick delivery notices onto any packages that are likely to need them. Its a lot easier to peel them off the pad ahead of time and write on them in the back of the truck, in the light and out of the wind and rain.
When you get to the stop, if it winds up being a send again you can just peel the note off of the package and stick it to the door without fumbling around with your pen and a flashlight. If its not a send again, the customer can keep it as a souvenier.

soberups

This thread makes me wish I had my own route, so I could add some of these fixes to my own PC.
Most of them are temporary and could be easily and quickly transferred from one truck into another. I keep all my zip ties, bungee cords etc. in a mechanics tool bag with a wire-reinforced opening. And I never leave home without my Leatherman multi-tool on my belt.

Browntown2014

On diad V if you hit the light bulb soft screen button that is right next to the flashlight button it will illuminate the regular buttons so that you can see them in the dark.

ManInBrown

Another simple hack---in the winter when its cold and dry, static electricity becomes an annoying problem. You will get shocked every time you touch metal in the package car. The solution....is to keep a $.79 box of dryer sheets in the car. Rub the dryer sheet on your seat and seat back, then put it in your back pocket to eliminate static electricity.
I have to try this. I hate getting shocked

Bottom rung

Get yourself a clamp. Also useful for smalls bags.

Attachments

• 1446953506930.jpg
    1446953506930.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 1,201

TheMasochist

200 lbs? No problem - it's only my back
How about a headlamp instead of a flashlight for use outside of the PC when walking (or dare I say "walking") to your stop? It will fit over either the ball-cap or the beanie-cap. One less thing to carry and the light is always where you need it!

Nevermore1

Seeing all the posts about cell phones reminded me of what my husband finally did with his when he did delivery. He had to change the screensaver to a "call ###-#### if found", twice it fell out of his pocket during stops and was found in someones yard. One time the owner of the house heard his phone ringing when I tried to call him and the other they guesed it belonged to either the UPS guy or mailman and were nice enough to track my husband down to give it back to him. After the second time he put my # on the screensaver in case he lost it again.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
How about a headlamp instead of a flashlight for use outside of the PC when walking (or dare I say "walking") to your stop? It will fit over either the ball-cap or the beanie-cap. One less thing to carry and the light is always where you need it!
Because flashlights ruin yor night vision and the Diad screen is brite enough to illuminate walk paths