Sleeper actual pay difference

quad decade guy

You are in one badass Local.

You can get hired into automotive at 19 yrs old.... and then....

Dovetail in to pkg car and feeders, on a "change of operations" ???

40 years ago ??

This is legendary.

Who are these kick-ass Union leaders ?

Not really...

I work beside a fellow feeder driver who went through the exact scenario from the very same place.

Matter of fact-many more.

Legendary? Uh no.

Not 40 but more like 30 years ago. I've been in pkg and feeders for 30 years.

And yet, somehow a thread about sleeper pay has become an attack on my character.

The boo birds and A wholes resurface.

And yet, on events that are exactly true. Sigh.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
You need to say what your gross pay was. For popping your cherry, that was a pretty rough run. We have some 3-4 day runs that aren't too bad but they usually work part or all of the weekend.

I've met a couple guys while waiting at DFWAS who had a 6k mile run. They were out 5.5 days with something like 11 TA's and no trips back through their home domicile. I think he said they grossed about $4200 most weeks.

My building has some in the 5,500 mile range but they come back through our domicile at least once. I think they gross about $3300 a week

35years

Gravy route
Not really...

I work beside a fellow feeder driver who went through the exact scenario from the very same place.

Matter of fact-many more.

Legendary? Uh no.

Not 40 but more like 30 years ago. I've been in pkg and feeders for 30 years.

And yet, somehow a thread about sleeper pay has become an attack on my character.

The boo birds and A wholes resurface.

And yet, on events that are exactly true. Sigh.

Not trying to be a prick here.....

Didn't you quit and come back at one point?
Did that break your seniority?

57 years old, 30years seniority, started full time at 19... The .math is just a bit confusing,

Or perhaps a stint in management?

Last edited:

35years

Gravy route
You made an extra $1000 but you were basically a prisoner not being paid for half your hours at work.

That's the way i view sleeper teams

To each his own.

quad decade guy

Not trying to be a prick here.....

Didn't you quit and come back at one point?
Did that break your seniority?

57 years old, 30years seniority, started full time at 19... The .math is just a bit confusing,

Or perhaps a stint in management?

Like many, you don't know what you speak or speculate of. I obviously did 9 years of something else

besides pkg/feeder. I've stated it was in automotive. Pay attention. You JA's try so hard to tear me

down you never get past the hatred. I've never quit UPS. Around here, ANYTIME you change

classifications, it BREAKS YOUR SENIORITY. Got it? Every time you go to the bottom. 9+15+15=39

That's close enough to 40. The math is difficult for you because of being an A whole. But you are a

prick.

35years

Gravy route
Like many, you don't know what you speak or speculate of. I obviously did 9 years of something else

besides pkg/feeder. I've stated it was in automotive. Pay attention. You JA's try so hard to tear me

down you never get past the hatred. I've never quit UPS. Around here, ANYTIME you change

classifications, it BREAKS YOUR SENIORITY. Got it? Every time you go to the bottom. 9+15+15=39

That's close enough to 40. The math is difficult for you because of being an A whole. But you are a

prick.
I asked an honest question.
I was just trying to understand.

Here our seniority is not broken by going from package to feeders.

No hatred brother. Not trying to tear you down.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
So what are my chances of becoming a sleeper driver right off the bat of getting hired through Union off the street, for the feeder position, which I understand is either sleeper or daycab. From what they explained to me its up to the A driver already doing sleeper that is looking for a new co-driver. I have 3 years driving otr team driving sleeper, i heard most sleeper drivers prefer someone with teaming experience. So how would i get in with the white truck driver? How would i find out who's looking for a B teammate? Thank you.

how many times are you going to post the same question?

So what are my chances of becoming a sleeper driver right off the bat of getting hired through Union off the street, for the feeder position, which I understand is either sleeper or daycab. From what they explained to me its up to the A driver already doing sleeper that is looking for a new co-driver. I have 3 years driving otr team driving sleeper, i heard most sleeper drivers prefer someone with teaming experience. So how would i get in with the white truck driver? How would i find out who's looking for a B teammate? Thank you.
Nobody wants to trust your lives with a rookie

Yeah I understand that I wouldnt either. Thats why i said in my original post that I have team experience unlike others...Ive been teaming since Ive been driving and still currently do...again im wondering how to go about doing that being hired as feeder through the union off the street
Unless you are in an area that is desperate for feeder help it might be a long time before you get to drive one.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I asked an honest question.
I was just trying to understand.

Here our seniority is not broken by going from package to feeders.

No hatred brother. Not trying to tear you down.
He’s just reacting how a narcissist does when caught in a lie. It’s textbook. Turn around and attack everyone else to make yourself the victim.

quad decade guy

He’s just reacting how a narcissist does when caught in a lie. It’s textbook. Turn around and attack everyone else to make yourself the victim.
So, you are a psychiatrist? More like a proctologist. Textbook? More like a coloring book for you.

Now, what exactly am I lying about? You bully and slander. Based on what? To a person you've never met. Somehow, a complete stranger has different career experiences and they are a textbook narcissist? Or(most likely) you really are a miserable, jealous pile of envy that doesn't have anything more than hate.

If you stay at this company as long as I have, you will see much. Given the many locals and supplements and local agreements, you couldn't help but have many different paths. Except for one slight difference, my career has been pretty typical of any pkg to feeder career. Especially around here. And with the crazy world we find ourselves in now, many more scenarios are ahead.

Little man, my career was exactly as stated. It's hardly remarkable for Upser's(except longevity). It's so odd to call a person a liar based on nothing but hate.