Sleeper Team Driver Life HODGKINS

ManInBrown

55-60 hours in package car doesn't compare to the same hours in feeders. In feeders, you're just ridin' and guidin.' It's more of a mental job than physical. Then you go from brown tractor to a sleeper, it's like going from a Yugo to a Cadillac.
It’s impossible to do 55-60 in package outside of peak where we have no choice. 55-60 the rest of the year for more then one week every couple months, your body will totally fall apart.

El Correcto

god is dead
It’s impossible to do 55-60 in package outside of peak where we have no choice. 55-60 the rest of the year for more then one week every couple months, your body will totally fall apart.
Yes, but I can afford Starcraft 2 lessons from a racist korean who hates foreigners and speaks engrish.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Yeah I think sleeper is gonna be closer to 4K per week with those miles.

Miles and per diem would be roughly $2,600 the rest would be made on TA, delay and fueling. The runs we have of similar distance are usually in the $3,300 a week range.

Sleepers is 7 days a week. We have quite a few that work through the entire weekend and all but a couple work Saturday or Sunday.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Miles and per diem would be roughly $2,600 the rest would be made on TA, delay and fueling. The runs we have of similar distance are usually in the $3,300 a week range.

Sleepers is 7 days a week. We have quite a few that work through the entire weekend and all but a couple work Saturday or Sunday.

Do most of them have divorce lawyers on retainer?

Brown Now

Sleeper Teams are our highest paying jobs outside of being a pilot. Some like the 3 day runs and 4 day weekends while others like 6k plus runs and will touch both coasts. Average at scale is around 3300-3500 gross per week to each driver. Per diem is 3.5 cents per mile or $35 for every thousand miles you run. Roughly $160 per week tax free in addition to your gross. Some runs are $200k per year. Make no mistake though, you’ll earn it as they’re not going to give it to you.

Many of my coworkers have their trucks set up with every creature comfort. Fridge, microwave, tv and some even have tablets turned sideways mounted to the panel on the dash displaying gps and weather radar.

As with everything, it’s what you make of it.

Brown Now

Combination of many things, but yes, loads are coming off. Customer’s are asking for quicker times in transit along with 7 day delivery. It’s the new norm. There will be more Sleeper Team drivers than Browns with time.

According to what I’m hearing, the Teams are even beating the times that the company has put forward.

Here at CACH we are getting many from FedEx Freight, Ground,YRC Freight, Holland and XPO. Many with heavy seniority before they made the jump.

Great group of folks. Someday I may do Teams, but right now I’ll stick to my Brown truck. I admire the Teams though. They run hard.

El Correcto

god is dead
Sleeper Teams are our highest paying jobs outside of being a pilot. Some like the 3 day runs and 4 day weekends while others like 6k plus runs and will touch both coasts. Average at scale is around 3300-3500 gross per week to each driver. Per diem is 3.5 cents per mile or $35 for every thousand miles you run. Roughly $160 per week tax free in addition to your gross. Some runs are $200k per year. Make no mistake though, you’ll earn it as they’re not going to give it to you.

Many of my coworkers have their trucks set up with every creature comfort. Fridge, microwave, tv and some even have tablets turned sideways mounted to the panel on the dash displaying gps and weather radar.

As with everything, it’s what you make of it.
I’m gonna see if automotive will hook up a tv in my package car.

quad decade guy

What is most important...a new guy is at the bottom of seniority. He may get a sleeper run, but if lay-offs come he is at the bottom. Also, can he hold that particular run? What about progression? How does that work for new sleeper hires(to the company)?

quad decade guy

There is literally nobody on this earth that I’d want to spend that much time with. I’ll stick to my brown tractor.

That's not why you get a sleeper run. Well, mostly. I'm sure there are some sort of budding bromances or other. You do it for the MONEY! Some do it for that and to get away from mgt. or home....If you are following the dot rules, you really don't see the other person for more than 8 hours just like in a brown truck. I do sleepers for the money-period. $1000 every week take home. Cash. $52K per year. 2020 Corvette? Anyone?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
That's not why you get a sleeper run. Well, mostly. I'm sure there are some sort of budding bromances or other. You do it for the MONEY! Some do it for that and to get away from mgt. or home....If you are following the dot rules, you really don't see the other person for more than 8 hours just like in a brown truck. I do sleepers for the money-period. $1000 every week take home. Cash. $52K per year. 2020 Corvette? Anyone?

Sad

SMH