Smartpost USPS stops...

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
So some drivers in my loop are getting extra compensation for helping out the postal service... are the subcontractors getting fairly compensated for this?

If i have a small & if it fits inside the mailbox, I'm cramming it in there since they should've taken these proximity stops to begin with.

sketch-1566747958576.png

others are doing something similar since we're not hourly like the postal service, with no repercussions yet... as long as it doesn't say FedEx on the parcel labels.

I'm rural, so I'm not seeing the extra compensation for helping a union shop <shrugs>

No complaints, just an observation.

Still have my share of iCs or oversized items, so I'm ok with the smalls in the cargo area.
sketch-1566748724701.png

Can't wait to have the boundaries shrink though, with the overlapping Ground driver in my service area. Dunno what is the hold up for that to happen.

OrioN

Yup iCs to the right, smaller ones on the shelves to the left, mom's attic, and shotgun on the passenger side

Thank goodness it was a light day on Monday, 85 stops

UPS_carnage11

Even though it's a postal package it's still illegal for you to place something inside a mailbox. So I would be careful not to get caught. Does anyone even care enough to report it? Probably not, but then again there are :censored2:s out there who are malicious like that.

NTGhost

So some drivers in my loop are getting extra compensation for helping out the postal service... are the subcontractors getting fairly compensated for this?

If i have a small & if it fits inside the mailbox, I'm cramming it in there since they should've taken these proximity stops to begin with.

View attachment 260687

others are doing something similar since we're not hourly like the postal service, with no repercussions yet... as long as it doesn't say FedEx on the parcel labels.

I'm rural, so I'm not seeing the extra compensation for helping a union shop <shrugs>

First you guys have a totally different software version looks like.

Still have my share of iCs or oversized items, so I'm ok with the smalls in the cargo area.View attachment 260688

Can't wait to have the boundaries shrink though, with the overlapping Ground driver in my service area. Dunno what is the hold up for that to happen.
holy...
and i can tell you what holds em up...it cost money to put another tour out on the street. and so long you get your tour clean...why put money in?

OrioN

Even though it's a postal package it's still illegal for you to place something inside a mailbox. So I would be careful not to get caught. Does anyone even care enough to report it? Probably not, but then again there are :censored2:s out there who are malicious like that.

Shrugs, as long as the postal service got there first... I just add it in. If it's empty, then I'll reconsider if the parcel will take up the whole mailbox or not & will release it at the FD, BD, SD, etc...

@NTGhost , this is the FedEx sub area of this site...So, yeah... different software and scanners.

Some areas still have Ground vs Home Delivery operations on the same roads, sometimes to the same address on a given day! But they're trying to consolidate them & to shrink our service areas so we won't be overlapping anymore.

FXE, airmail, will still be in a separate network since there's no way they're going to consolidate it further

NTGhost

okay, but it's okay to put packages on the front porch? in Germany it's the opposite. Mailboxes count as "safe storage" and therefore you are allowed to store fitting packaged in it. Okay our mailboxes are different so you can't reach stuff inside that easy like the US Mailboxes.

It will be fine

View attachment 260687

Still have my share of iCs or oversized items, so I'm ok with the smalls in the cargo area.View attachment 260688

Smartpost is a FedEx product. They have been passing it off to the post office. The big wigs think there’s enough of it now to be able to pay contractors a rate lower than postage and keep us solvent. Time will tell.

Star B

White Lightening
Does anyone even care enough to report it? Probably not, but then again there are :censored2:s out there who are malicious like that.
Theres a bumble-friend town out by me that has some RCAs that will take a package out of the mbox and back to the PO.. and then call us a week later telling us to come get it.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Theres a bumble-friend town out by me that has some RCAs that will take a package out of the mbox and back to the PO.. and then call us a week later telling us to come get it.

If it's not a specifically a mailbox that says "Approved by the Postmaster General" or looks like it is specifically a mailbox, we treat it as a drop box. We have so many rural addresses that the box and the house are usually a good distance away from each other and the customer will either get or make some kind of box system to have their stuff dropped at. The USPS carrier benefits from these boxes and so do we.

It also helps if you and the carrier are at least on friendly terms. Out here, we all kinda look out for each other and if we all start acting like jerks by doing something like that, there will be a time one of us will be stuck or broken down in the winter and just get driven by. Better to just let some small things slide.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Had one of those here. Rotater went to same (rural)Post Office to ask where to find a route and box address. Was told to get the :censored2: out and not come back.
Some PO’s are simply po’d at the world.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Had one of those here. Rotater went to same (rural)Post Office to ask where to find a route and box address. Was told to get the :censored2: out and not come back.
Some PO’s are simply po’d at the world.

A bad experience with the USPS is typically much worse than the typical bad experience with anyone else. Tends to happen when it's hard to get fired.

OrioN

You are probably the same guy that signs for DSR packages and leaves them, found a DSR left the other day...
Nope, ASR & DSR by the book... most DSR are probably over $100 so they have to be in person

iSR, I'll probably call the# on the box & may bend the rules by having them sign via phone, LoL

OrioN

Indirectly signing by controlling my hand via phone... ain't technology great???

Can't do it with a ASR or DSR, though

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Indirectly signing by controlling my hand via phone... ain't technology great???

I know you Fedx guys get away with a bunch of stuff but c'mon you're really going to try and say that. That's almost worse than some S* the UPS managers come up with.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I know you Fedx guys get away with a bunch of stuff but c'mon you're really going to try and say that. That's almost worse than some S* the UPS managers come up with.

Oh, you'd be surprised. On more than one occasion I've heard swings come off of a route for the first time and say, "Everyone asked me why I make them sign. They say the regular courier never makes them sign." Resis and business deliveries alike!

What Orion is suggesting is almost acceptable. It's still falsification and could get you fired at Express. Better option is to release the pkg under a recipient release and use "verbal release" as the release number. It might be frowned upon but it's not falsification.