SNEAKY PLAN TO TAX YOU PER MILE YOU DRIVE HIDDEN IN INFRASTRUCTURE BILL!

wilberforce15

54B revenue in 2021.
Less than 2B in carbon credits, and about 2B in total state and federal incentives for factories that aren't even unique to EVs.

Laughable.

El Correcto

god is dead
It doesn’t really matter what kind of subsidies you are receiving when your competition is literally being outlawed.

The subsidies are just salt in the wound at that point.

wilberforce15

Okay so they are punishing the competition and subsidizing them.
Ford got loans and hasn't even paid them back. That's a subsidy. Ford and GM are backed up with federal guarantees for failure everywhere to protect the unions. They have an existing blank check from the government.

Don't be so jelly.

wilberforce15

It doesn’t really matter what kind of subsidies you are receiving when your competition is literally being outlawed.

The subsidies are just salt in the wound at that point.
They're not being outlawed. They're being subsidized when they don't deserve to win.

Biden gave an 8B+ USPS contract as a union handout, throwing the EV competitor under the bus. Tesla is explicitly removed from meaningful tax breaks for EVs, and Ford and GM get them. They're removing or expiring the ones that Tesla does get.

At the end of the day, Tesla gets less favoritism from feds and everyone else than your silly little soon-to-be-bankrupt-again Ford and GM

El Correcto

god is dead
Ford got loans and hasn't even paid them back. That's a subsidy. Ford and GM are backed up with federal guarantees for failure everywhere to protect the unions. They have an existing blank check from the government.

Don't be so jelly.
I’m not you’re just being disingenuous with your argument. You know the government sets cafe standards on automaker’s fleets. I would have a steel body V8 like the guy from :censored2:ing death proof if they still made em.

wilberforce15

I’m not you’re just being disingenuous with your argument. You know the government sets cafe standards on automaker’s fleets. I would have a steel body V8 like the guy from :censored2:ing death proof if they still made em.
You can have an all steel body truck with double the torque, double the ground clearance, double the horsepower, better than anything in DeathProof if you want it.

(Available in 2023, made by Tesla)

wilberforce15

A trillion dollar company would roll over and die without those 2B in tax breaks!!1!!!11

Ford would be fine if Tesla didn't get that 2B in tax breaks!!11!!

Deathproof would solve their incompetence.

wilberforce15

You’re so full of :censored2:. You know damn well EV’s are being regulated into existence and only competitive thanks to government intervention.
No, maybe it has something to do with them being faster and better and most tasks.

Of course the evil lefty globalist totalitarians want to kill gas.

But this technology would win anyway. It's simply that much better. Regulators can't make consumers spend 50k for a sedan with questionable build quality.

But consumers are falling all over themselves to spend boatloads because the cars are better.

Regulators can't make people buy them.

El Correcto

god is dead
No, maybe it has something to do with them being faster and better and most tasks.

Of course the evil lefty globalist totalitarians want to kill gas.

But this technology would win anyway. It's simply that much better. Regulators can't make consumers spend 50k for a sedan with questionable build quality.

But consumers are falling all over themselves to spend boatloads because the cars are better.

Regulators can't make people buy them.
They’re artificially raising the price of the competition and subsidizing a manufacturers that produce what they want. They are slowly outlawing producing cars people would buy and placing those vehicles out of people price range while putting EV’s in people’s price range.

I don’t deny there are people who love Teslas, just like there were people that loved their prius.
Tesla is cooler than a Prius as wel, probably a hoot to drive. But it doesn’t change what I’m saying dumb dumb.

wilberforce15

They’re artificially raising the price of the competition and subsidizing a manufacturers that produce what they want. They are slowly outlawing producing cars people would buy and placing those vehicles out of people price range while putting EV’s in people’s price range.

I don’t deny there are people who love Teslas, just like there were people that loved their prius.
Tesla is cooler than a Prius as wel, probably a hoot to drive. But it doesn’t change what I’m saying dumb dumb.
Any random doctor can buy any 50k to 100k car he wants, and nobody is limiting his choice.

They are choosing, a million purchasers at a time, to choose Tesla over BMW and Audi and Mercedes when they have the choice and cars available in that range.

They're choosing that because Teslas are better.

wilberforce15

I don’t care if your mother’s vibrator can beat my stupid RWD heavy as :censored2: V8 in a quarter mile. I’m still not interested in driving it.
That's fine. You don't have to. I'm just showing your irrational prejudice that if I just showed you the stats and capabilities, while hiding the name, you'd faint and think you were in heaven.

El Correcto

god is dead
Any random doctor can buy any 50k to 100k car he wants, and nobody is limiting his choice.

They are choosing, a million purchasers at a time, to choose Tesla over BMW and Audi and Mercedes when they have the choice and cars available in that range.

They're choosing that because Teslas are better.
And automakers don’t profit solely from doctors buying their top of the line. They are trying to weasel their way into every lower middle class driveway and up. If people truly want the Tesla why do they feel the need to outlaw what manufacturers can produce that compete with it and subsidize it at the same time?

wilberforce15

And automakers don’t profit solely from doctors buying their top of the line. They are trying to weasel their way into every lower middle class driveway and up. If people truly want the Tesla why do they feel the need to outlaw what manufacturers can produce that compete with it and subsidize it at the same time?
You can beat a 2000s italian supercar to highway speed for a 40k sedan.

That's why they will sell infinity of them.