Snow flake moments

newfie

The same room can used by any student for religious praying or the like.

yea but even then you have to be careful. you'll get some freak that practices some bizarre religion that wants to use the room

upload_2017-5-27_1-14-34.png

newfie

by the way Brown army is crying like a little girl and tagging everything I post as a derail. I think I get a free flight to the west coast if I can rack up three more derails.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I know, I know, but if someone is going to be dismissive then they should say why, not have someone else explain it.
I double check anything posted in Current Events that is posted as 'factual' rather than an opinion if I plan to reply to it or accept it.
It's a good practice as you get a feel for the poster.

It will be fine

Separation of STATE and RELIGION?
That is total BS IMO unless the room is offered to all religions.
States and Local governments know what's best but it is against the laws of the US Central National Government.
I think the question would be, what is a bigger intrusion by the state? Allowing Muslims to pray during the day during their holy month or denying them the access to a quite place to do so. I think active measures would be worst. A school forcing students to pray or actively stopping them from doing so would not be ok. Sounds like the state is just providing a space for free exercise of religion.

Then the question becomes what role the administrators play in the use of said space. If a group of Christians start demanding to use it during Muslim prayer hours does the school step in? Or do we just hope for tolerance from our children?

newfie

I think the question would be, what is a bigger intrusion by the state? Allowing Muslims to pray during the day during their holy month or denying them the access to a quite place to do so. I think active measures would be worst. A school forcing students to pray or actively stopping them from doing so would not be ok. Sounds like the state is just providing a space for free exercise of religion.

Then the question becomes what role the administrators play in the use of said space. If a group of Christians start demanding to use it during Muslim prayer hours does the school step in? Or do we just hope for tolerance from our children?

once we go down that slippery slope we have to be prepared to allow any and all religions the same access to a place to worship.