So long Big Brown!

DOK

All good things must end, and so too has my 35 year career at UPS. Part of me will miss the job, the customers, and most of all the dogs. But the heat, the dust, the heavy irregs, the sore back and the forced stupidity of ORION are now officially a thing of the past. After picking up and delivering close to 4 million packages during my time here, it was a surreal feeling to deliver the final one. Adios!View attachment 382080View attachment 382081View attachment 382082View attachment 382083
Congrats brother!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
He has to work one day into next year to get paid for next year's vacation.
Not here. I retired 2 days after my seniority date, when my vacation bank and optional holiday bank repopulated, so I get paid out for all of those hours. But I cant start collecting my pension until after the time period for those hours because I will technically still be on the payroll for 8 more weeks.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Not here. I retired 2 days after my seniority date, when my vacation bank and optional holiday bank repopulated, so I get paid out for all of those hours. But I cant start collecting my pension until after the time period for those hours because I will technically still be on the payroll for 8 more weeks.

Yep.

All plans are different and it's better to be informed before you go. Or, come here asking for advice....

:biggrin:

over9five

Staff member
We had a guy here retire recently. Turns out if he had worked one more month, he would have had a BIG increase in his monthly pension.
Everyone should go have a talk at their pension office BEFORE they retire. This gentleman did not....

oldngray

nowhere special
We had a guy here retire recently. Turns out if he had worked one more month, he would have had a BIG increase in his monthly pension.
Everyone should go have a talk at their pension office BEFORE they retire. This gentleman did not....
The problem is getting good answers to your questions.

Re-Raise

He has to work one day into next year to get paid for next year's vacation.
Not in my local. I went the week of Thanksgiving and they paid me for my vacation for the next year. My first pension check came the first week of December and they gave me credit for 3/4 of a year for my pension years because my seniority date was in April.

oldngray

nowhere special
My out went as smooth as butter.
Every question answered. Everything they said would happen, did.
My local BA was a useless POS and HR tried to hide from anyone with questions. And of course trying to call anyone was a pretty much a wasted effort (after waiting on hold for at least an hour).

brett636

Congratulations Sober! Welcome to the next exciting phase of your life! Anyone that can do 35 years in package cars has my respect!

rod

Retired 22 years
What's a pension office? When I retired I must have been the first one ever to do that because I couldn't get a straight answer out of ANYONE--Company or Union. I hope things have improved because it sure sucked for me.