So long Big Brown!

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
My retirement went smooth as butter. I submitted my papers 90 days before the last day I wanted to work and got the All Clear. My last day was January 9 2021 .I had collected my 6 weeks vacation and option week for 2021 the last week of 2020 and my first retirement payments were deposited March 1 2021. I was shocked it went so smoothly

Re-Raise

My retirement went smooth as butter. I submitted my papers 90 days before the last day I wanted to work and got the All Clear. My last day was January 9 2021 .I had collected my 6 weeks vacation and option week for 2021 the last week of 2020 and my first retirement payments were deposited March 1 2021. I was shocked it went so smoothly
Most of the people at my center did the same thing by taking their vacations before their retirement date.

I actually got paid for my accrued vacation time..while I was collecting my pension.

Other than counting toward pension credits it actually works out better money wise the way ai accidentally did it

anonymous23456

you a chick now? if so shoot me your hookup
You have a problem with that?

Caitlyn-Jenner_GettyImages-524690236.jpg

Zowert

After 35 years how are your knees and back feeling? If any of you retired guys care to chime in, how many years of service did you have and how well is your body holding up? I still have at least another 15 years but my knees are already killing me. I’m not sure if I can make it.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
After 35 years how are your knees and back feeling? If any of you retired guys care to chime in, how many years of service did you have and how well is your body holding up? I still have at least another 15 years but my knees are already killing me. I’m not sure if I can make it.
I have a bad right knee. Left shoulder isn’t great, had surgery on the right. Back is ok. 30 plus years. I’ll still kick the snot out of the snowflakes today though…..or I’ll shoot them 🤣.

Last edited:

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Your knees are the first to go. Don’t jump out of the truck and don’t run up stairs and don’t pound down them either. Take it easy, you get a more harmonious outcome.

Over70irregs

Drop weight. Use handrails. Make YOUR own pace. Invest light weights high reps for resistance.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
My knees survived, but it was my feet that forced me out.
Plantar Fasciitis in both feet.
Made walking painful, had surgery on one foot, cut the tendon from the bone.
That didn't work.
It was my physical therapist who told me I could never go back to work.

Financially speaking, it was the smartest move I ever made.
I get more to stay home ( pension ) then I ever got from working.

Brownwind

I’m just about 35 years. Just starting to feel some ache in the legs. If your knees are hurting try changing your footwear and don’t run and jump out of your package car. Use your handcart on the big stuff. I wish I did earlier. Back as close to the stop as possible and dump the heavy stuff off the back instead of struggling through the cab.

Remember it’s about self preservation I follow the same pattern daily and don’t care about numbers. Bid a country route if you’re able.

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
I put in 39+ years and all my routes were metro areas. I learned really young to slow down and work to preserve my body. I did the safety methods always and never rushed. Something many drivers never think about is what they put into their bodies. I don’t drink or smoke and eat whole food plant based so I’m not consuming a diet that is inflammatory. I have no Chronic pain and I take no medication to this day. If I take 4 aspirin in a year that is a lot.

Last edited:

Over70irregs

I’m just about 35 years. Just starting to feel some ache in the legs. If your knees are hurting try changing your footwear and don’t run and jump out of your package car. Use your handcart on the big stuff. I wish I did earlier. Back as close to the stop as possible and dump the heavy stuff off the back instead of struggling through the cab.

Remember it’s about self preservation I follow the same pattern daily and don’t care about numbers. Bid a country route if you’re able.
Get more flexible. I stake everything on it. It helps so much. Here is some inspiration……⬇️