Votes: 8 19.0%
  • throw a note and leave

Votes: 19 45.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
You go to a home, no one will come to the door except two little children. You need a signature. You wait 2 minutes no one comes. What would you do?

klein

Für Meno :)
You go to a home, no one will come to the door except two little children. You need a signature. You wait 2 minutes no one comes. What would you do?

me, personally. Since I needed to re-sort my truck atleast twice per day, (grab the floor stuff, and sort into shelfs), would have done that, and then try again,all infront of the house.
Would have told the children, that I'll be outside in my truck waiting.

fxdwg

Long Time Member
The Poll questions are tainted.
What about waiting for the Police? Or verifying that no one was at home before calling 911? Come on!

klein

The Poll questions are tainted.
What about waiting for the Police? Or verifying that no one was at home before calling 911? Come on!

No doubt, waiting an extra minute is not even the option ! LOL , or yelling into the home for an adult reponse.

Re-Raise

I was driving through a small town where I know probably 95% of the 500 people. I see a kid about 5 years old running alongside my truck in his underwear shivering from the cold. It was about 15 degrees out.

I stop the truck and and say hey buddy what are you doing out here. He walks up to the door of my truck and can barely talk he is so cold. He says his name is Richard and he is going to his friends house.

I tell him to step into the truck and then I ask him where do you live do your parents know you are out here in the cold. He looks at me happy as can be and says I don't know .. where do you live? It still makes me laugh a little.. I say Richard I know where I live... I am trying to figure out where you live.

I drove really slow back down the block asking Richard if he could point out his house. He was more interested in asking me questions. Finally I stopped at a house that I knew had children the same age. They knew who he was and that his house was about three blocks away.

Just then a frantic mother pulled up and said she was taking a shower and didn't realize she had left the door unlocked. The kid had probably been outside for a half an hour and who knows how far he would have gotten if I hadn't stopped.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I found a one year old kid toddling down the street one day in an expensive neighborhood about 15 years ago. I stopped the package car and carried him down the nearest driveway. An embarrassed older brother that wasn't watching him well answered the door and was grateful to see him. This kid was the grandson of a man who owns a certain chicken sandwich restaurant chain that has sales of over a billion dollars a year. The next day I had a delivery for the same house, and the father comes to the door. He said "Thank you for saving little Mathew's life yesterday", as he pulled out his wallet. He gave me a coupon for a free chicken sandwich. True story, I still have the coupon.

klein

If the package was not "adult" signature required, have the kids sign and roll.

I have done that lots ! :)

But at age 5, they can't even print, yet. or barely.

Trust me, I have gotten many printed sigs from kids.

One time , I basically blackmailed this 12yr old kid. He didn't want to sign for a cell phone, and it was a Friday.
I just told him, it's a cellphone.. don't you think your mother needs it ?
She will be unhappy, if she has to wait the entire weekend now to get it.

So, he signed...

Sorry.. but , I'm at the door, I need to get off everything I can.
Or it adds up for the next day.

Besides, our center wouldn't let us come back with over 5 send agains. The pressure is on !

brown bomber

brown bomber
let's see.........the father gives you a coupon for a free chicken sandwich........grandpa is the owner of a very lucrative chicken related business........KID = CHICKEN SANDWICH why is it that those who have the most are the least appreciative..........in this instance I think a heartfelt thank-you, and perhaps a call to your center mgt. team would have been much more appropriate

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
let's see.........the father gives you a coupon for a free chicken sandwich........grandpa is the owner of a very lucrative chicken related business........KID = CHICKEN SANDWICH why is it that those who have the most are the least appreciative..........in this instance I think a heartfelt thank-you, and perhaps a call to your center mgt. team would have been much more appropriate

I was just trying to do the right thing by getting the kid to a safe place, it wouldn't have mattered if it was the poorest neighborhood on my route. For a split second there, I will admit that I was thinking that he was going to give me a C-Note or something. So that is greed on my part. I just think of it as being a funny story and not much more. Grandad is a very generous man who gives a large amount of money to charity, and he closes his restaurants on Sunday. They are also a very big UPS customer.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
I found a one year old kid toddling down the street one day in an expensive neighborhood about 15 years ago. I stopped the package car and carried him down the nearest driveway. An embarrassed older brother that wasn't watching him well answered the door and was grateful to see him. This kid was the grandson of a man who owns a certain chicken sandwich restaurant chain that has sales of over a billion dollars a year. The next day I had a delivery for the same house, and the father comes to the door. He said "Thank you for saving little Mathew's life yesterday", as he pulled out his wallet. He gave me a coupon for a free chicken sandwich. True story, I still have the coupon.

Chick-fil-A? I love that place!!!

Big Babooba

Winner Winner! Chicken Dinner!:happy2:

satellitedriver

I was just trying to do the right thing by getting the kid to a safe place, it wouldn't have mattered if it was the poorest neighborhood on my route. For a split second there, I will admit that I was thinking that he was going to give me a C-Note or something. So that is greed on my part. I just think of it as being a funny story and not much more. Grandad is a very generous man who gives a large amount of money to charity, and he closes his restaurants on Sunday. They are also a very big UPS customer.

You did the right thing for the right reason and no other reward could be greater.

Once, I dove into a river to save a baby floating face down and the greatest satisfaction I have every had was to hear that baby scream and cry when I pulled his head out of the water.
The mother was too frantic to thank me when I handed the child to her.
I can still hear that 1yr old screaming in my ear as I swam to shore and it was a sweet song.

My nephew worked his way through High School working for that GrandPa and got a $5,000.00 scholarship towards his college education for his efforts.
My nephew is now a multi-millionaire and has only the kindest regards of that GrandPa and how he was treated as an employee.