Something seems off with pay

fedex_rtd

Ive been with fedex for 3 years now.

Seem fair?
NO you have NOT! You do not work for "FedEx" get that through your mind. You work for a contractor. You are a ground driver who has helped the corporation drive wages and benefits lower.

You guys are sad...always coming on here and crying that "FedEx" screwed you over, no the contractor screwed you over. Maybe you should have tried to get on with UPS or FedEx Express, then you would be making more and living better.

Ive been with fedex for 3 years now. On my route i was getting 50-55 hours a week, with $12/hr. Started work at 7am got off around 5-6pm.
My contractor then decided to take a whole town off me because i was making too much. So now I'm working 30 hours a week.

I deliver in 8 zip codes, 400 miles a day. And now come in an hour later so i get even less hours.

Seem fair?
Guys like yourself are seeing the silver lining in working for a contractor. I worked for ground for 1 1/2 years I did roughly 75-95 stops a day and my route was pure bulk. First stop everyday was 500-900 pieces on a 1000 truck at a wal mart distribution center. After a while, I realized I was making roughly $12 a hour just like you and realized it wasn't worth it. Luckily for me part of my route was delivering to the express station in my area. I got to know the csa and ops managers very well. Got hired off the street and became a swing. I will double my ground salary this year and have benefits and my managers actually care about me. If you have a shred of common sense which seems like you do get out of ground now. You'll make more as a part time courier at express then working full time at ground and with FedEx benefits.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Yeah, ground sucks compared 2 HD.
IMG_20170626_135103.jpg

Easy Saturday, although I had to help a neighboring route, I still "clean plate" w 100% resis deliveries.

2 ASR wine boxes, but in this day/ age, those customers are notified when it's out for delivery that day

No time commitment, just date certain that it will get thrown to your front door like that paperboy game

I ain't sad because I goto the highest bidder & if another wants to pay higher than my current boss, I'll see if they match them before I jump ship

Loyalty doesn't count anymore when some of us knows u r making money off the backs of hard workers & should try to pay accordingly.

Health bennies, nah I'm good since my significant other has a great system without obamacare, but paid vacation and holidays would be nice.

MAKAVELI

Yeah, ground sucks compared 2 HD.
View attachment 141613

Easy Saturday, although I had to help a neighboring route, I still "clean plate" w 100% resis deliveries.

2 ASR wine boxes, but in this day/ age, those customers are notified when it's out for delivery that day

No time commitment, just date certain that it will get thrown to your front door like that paperboy game

I ain't sad because I goto the highest bidder & if another wants to pay higher than my current boss, I'll see if they match them before I jump ship

Loyalty doesn't count anymore when some of us knows u r making money off the backs of hard workers & should try to pay accordingly.

Health bennies, nah I'm good since my significant other has a great system without obamacare, but paid vacation and holidays would be nice.
What happens if you get divorced and then diagnosed with cancer? Better plan for the future than to be smacked in the face with it.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
What happens if you get divorced and then diagnosed with cancer? Better plan for the future than to be smacked in the face with it.

I'm at peace with going early... heck, my dad lost to colon cancer at 70 & my mom followed a similar fate with working in the nursing field.

We all go from something. What I did was at least put aside my income property to go to my kids as well as a 6-figure life insurance policy so they have ample time to make adjustments from my peanut payscale.

Some days before I go on route, I'll use my sharpie & put the following on my inner forearm, usually near the veins where they put an iV...

455590850_ee580e6ea6.jpg

MAKAVELI

I'm at peace with going early... heck, my dad lost to colon cancer at 70 & my mom followed a similar fate with working in the nursing field.

We all go from something. What I did was at least put aside my income property to go to my kids as well as a 6-figure life insurance policy so they have ample time to make adjustments from my peanut payscale.

Some days before I go on route, I'll use my sharpie & put the following on my inner forearm, usually near the veins where they put an iV...

View attachment 141730
That is what a lot of people say until they are face to face with their own mortality. Especially when you have kids and want to see your grandkids grow up.

overflowed

Just tatoo it on your chest. I don't want my ribs broken either. I was at one point in my life a medic, just didn't pay well enough to continue it. Let me die peacefully. If more people understood the chance of survival compared to what actually happens when you get compressions done, more people would choose dnr orders.

bacha29

View attachment 141730
The opportunity for you to live much longer than your parents is through early diagnosis and preventative medicine which was the entire focus of Obamacare . Get at it and get it treated ASAP will do more to reduce the cost of healthcare than any other measure.That's why the GOP hated Obamacare. It was going to give poor people the chance to live longer than the GOP believes they should be allowed. Remember if your not rich......it's your fault.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
The opportunity for you to live much longer than your parents is through early diagnosis and preventative medicine which was the entire focus of Obamacare . Get at it and get it treated ASAP will do more to reduce the cost of healthcare than any other measure.That's why the GOP hated Obamacare. It was going to give poor people the chance to live longer than the GOP believes they should be allowed. Remember if your not rich......it's your fault.
I can't stand sanctimonious blowhards who profile, claiming to know what others think. It's a symptom of the small-minded.

bacha29

I can't stand sanctimonious blowhards who profile, claiming to know what others think. It's a symptom of the small-minded.
When it comes to small mindedness you have set a standard none one else could ever reach. Keep in mind one thing . Unlike yourself Orion works for an employer who does not offer employer sponsored and funded healthcare and only through the good graces of his wife's employer does he have coverage and that could end tomorrow. All IBF and I were pointing out to him was the possible fall back onto the ACA. BTW . I've spent the last 25 years in the individual market paying the full premium which was as high as $796 per month for just a basic plan . Thank God because of being single I only had to purchase it for myself. Today due to X's health plan while not perfect but because of it being employer sponsored and for the most part funded you are in a position whereby you are the exception not the rule.

vantexan

Go check the cemeteries. Full of po'folk who lived into their 80's and 90's without benefit of Obamacare. The thing that many these days get delusional about is some kind of guarantee that they will live to a very old age but be completely healthy and spry. Hard work is no guarantee that you will be broken down by your 60's. A comfortable office job with high pay does not guarantee you'll make 85. Much of it is luck of the genetic draw, diet, exercise, lifestyle choices. Insurance does not prevent things from happening. It's good if you need it, but smart choices often greatly reduce the need. Insurance doesn't stop death, just helps delay it, and even that isn't guaranteed.

bacha29

Go check the cemeteries. Full of po'folk who lived into their 80's and 90's without benefit of Obamacare. The thing that many these days get delusional about is some kind of guarantee that they will live to a very old age but be completely healthy and spry. Hard work is no guarantee that you will be broken down by your 60's. A comfortable office job with high pay does not guarantee you'll make 85. Much of it is luck of the genetic draw, diet, exercise, lifestyle choices. Insurance does not prevent things from happening. It's good if you need it, but smart choices often greatly reduce the need. Insurance doesn't stop death, just helps delay it, and even that isn't guaranteed.
And this is coming from an over weight guy with chronic Type 2 Diabetes lecturing the rest of us about the need to adopt a healthy lifestyle . LMAO.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
When it comes to small mindedness you have set a standard none one else could ever reach. Keep in mind one thing . Unlike yourself Orion works for an employer who does not offer employer sponsored and funded healthcare and only through the good graces of his wife's employer does he have coverage and that could end tomorrow. All IBF and I were pointing out to him was the possible fall back onto the ACA. BTW . I've spent the last 25 years in the individual market paying the full premium which was as high as $796 per month for just a basic plan . Thank God because of being single I only had to purchase it for myself. Today due to X's health plan while not perfect but because of it being employer sponsored and for the most part funded you are in a position whereby you are the exception not the rule.
Since you know what all Republicans (GOP) think, I am curious as to what you know about blacks, Asians, and women. Profile away.

bbsam

Staff member
Guys like yourself are seeing the silver lining in working for a contractor. I worked for ground for 1 1/2 years I did roughly 75-95 stops a day and my route was pure bulk. First stop everyday was 500-900 pieces on a 1000 truck at a wal mart distribution center. After a while, I realized I was making roughly $12 a hour just like you and realized it wasn't worth it. Luckily for me part of my route was delivering to the express station in my area. I got to know the csa and ops managers very well. Got hired off the street and became a swing. I will double my ground salary this year and have benefits and my managers actually care about me. If you have a shred of common sense which seems like you do get out of ground now. You'll make more as a part time courier at express then working full time at ground and with FedEx benefits.
No. Fedex does not care about you.

bbsam

Staff member
There you go. Simple solution. Let all employers out of having to provide health care. Make everyone have to shop for it. Me thinks a different tune wouldst begin with a quickness..