Something that really annoys me on Brown Cafe...

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Why didn't you just say that in the first place or send him a PM?
You chose to beat around the bush and make a federal case about it and you got your reaction.
Because there are several people doing it, and the behavior tends to feed on itself.

I avoided making direct references to or accusations at people because I didnt want come across as attacking anyone in particular. Plus, the ones who got all butt hurt sort of made my point for me without me having to name names.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
If it makes you feel better, go for it.
I have a promise for you, @RonBurgandy...if you ever come to this forum needing to vent about an important work related issue, or needing advice, or needing to share something funny or sad or inspiring that is important to you...and you create a thread for it...I will show you respect by either staying out of the thread entirely or contributing something relevant and meaningful to it.

Have a good night.
now that's class.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Because there are several people doing it, and the behavior tends to feed on itself.

I avoided making direct references to or accusations at people because I didnt want come across as attacking anyone in particular. Plus, the ones who got all butt hurt sort of made my point for me without me having to name names.
Well....lets not play games. We all can "assume" who you were referring to....so own it. But at least your request was articulate and explanatory and polite.....you didn't resort to childish name calling.

That being said....welcome to the internet....where you're not going to like or agree with everyone, and sooo much butthurt....lol. If the childish BS bothers you so much....stick to "On Topic" threads or put the offending members on ignore. It really is that simple, Sober. Stop trying to reinvent the wheel.

soberups

Well....lets not play games. We all can "assume" who you were referring to....so own it. But at least your request was articulate and explanatory and polite.....you didn't resort to childish name calling.

That being said....welcome to the internet....where you're not going to like or agree with everyone, and sooo much butthurt....lol. If the childish BS bothers you so much....stick to "On Topic" threads or put the offending members on ignore. It really is that simple, Sober. Stop trying to reinvent the wheel.
I dont expect to like or agree with everyone.

If everyone liked and agreed with everyone else, there wouldnt be any new thoughts or ideas and it would become nothing but an echo chamber.

I guess I am wondering why it should be necessary to put "on topic" in the thread title to keep it from being hijacked. Its not necessary to do that on any other forum.

Johney

On topic seems to work for some. I made a comment in one thread about how I thought running like a bat out of hell in the snow was unsafe and it was deleted, can you explain that? I can, it was not "on topic". If you don't like it complain and get what you find not "on topic" deleted that seems to work.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

If everyone liked and agreed with everyone else, there wouldnt be any new thoughts or ideas and it would become nothing but an echo chamber.

I guess I am wondering why it should be necessary to put "on topic" in the thread title to keep it from being hijacked. Its not necessary to do that on any other forum.
Agreed but if you put "on topic" and it's hijacked, then you have a legitimate complaint.

soberups

How to have fun on Brown Cafe:

1. Pull over for 10 minute break
2. Pull up Brown Cafe on iphone
3. Click on interesting looking thread
4. Wait patiently for thread to load due to marginal reception on rural route.
5. Find out that you just got fooled into spending half your break scrolling thru an 8-year old necropost with some spam text messages sprayed on top to make it look new.

Fun times!

soberups

Agreed but if you put "on topic" and it's hijacked, then you have a legitimate complaint.
Thats kind of like saying that you cant complain about people throwing garbage on the ground until you first put up a sign that says "no littering" right next to the trash can.

Johney

5. Find out that you just got fooled into spending half your break scrolling thru an 8-year old necropost with some spam text messages sprayed on top to make it look new.

Fun times!
Here's a suggestion. Look at the thread start time/dates it may help you avoid old post's, that's what I do.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

We're better!
That simple.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Thats kind of like saying that you cant complain about people throwing garbage on the ground until you first put up a sign that says "no littering" right next to the trash can.

Again....it's an anonymous internet forum.....so technically, we're all wearing masks which makes dumping garbage on the ground much easier to do.

Fun times!
I don't disagree that some of the nonsense is annoying as friend sometimes. However...no one twisted your arm to spend your break on BC. There's something to be said for taking responsibility for one's own choices and actions.