Son is a new hire PT, when does he get medical?

hc3

He just started; however, he really did not get a lot if information. He told me that he gets medical six months and one day after he starts. Is this correct. If it is I have to pay to get him coverage until then and it is costly. Will they also cover his girlfriend and kids (identical twins on the way) at this point? Thanks for your help.

opie

It depends where he lives, it may differ in different parts of the country. But where I am, it is six months to receive your benefits. The insurance probably won't cover his girlfriend, only his children. He probably has to marry his girlfriend so that she could get covered.

Joopster

Boxline Sorter
hc3 said:
He just started; however, he really did not get a lot if information. He told me that he gets medical six months and one day after he starts. Is this correct. If it is I have to pay to get him coverage until then and it is costly. Will they also cover his girlfriend and kids (identical twins on the way) at this point? Thanks for your help.

I forget how long it takes to get the coverage...It will cover his twins i believe but not his girlfriend...any dependants he has...just have him ask....

hc3

opie said:
It depends where he lives, it may differ in different parts of the country. But where I am, it is six months to receive your benefits. The insurance probably won't cover his girlfriend, only his children. He probably has to marry his girlfriend so that she could get covered.

Richmond VA is the hub. Thanks for the reply!

Hc3, If i remember correctly, He will be eligible for benefits 60 to 90 days after gaining his senority. This will be sufficient time for processing paperwork and proper documentation. As for his girlfriend, they will have to be legally married in order for her to gain coverage, but any children(dependents) will be excepted into his medical plan.

aspenleaf

In my area the medical kicks in the first of the month after you gain seniority. So if he gains seniority in August he'd be able to get medical starting September 1st. Just an FYI the paperwork will be late so but it will be retroactive to the 1st. I got my paper work halfway through the month I was eligible.

Have your son sign up here. . .many of us would love to met him!

hc3

over9five said:
Why won't he marry the mother of his children? What kind of son did you raise?

A 22 year old that works two jobs 5-6 days a week, who quit Va Tech to do the right thing and provide for her and the kids that are on the way. I think they will get married, I don't plan on making them do it. What kind of Dad are you? I am the kind of Dad that is there to support him and more importantly make sure these kids have anything they need. Lucky for them I can make it happen, but my son is giving 150% to do the right thing not crying to Dad and Mom to make it all go away. When he asked my opinion, (not me telling him), I agreed that if he is going to get married, do it because you are 100% commited, not because others may expect you to do it. By the way I have been married and still in love with the mother of my 4 kids for over 27 years, how about you and the kids you raised? Your location is North New England is that code for same sex marriages?

CTOTH

Not retired, just tired
hc3 said:
Your location is North New England is that code for same sex marriages?
Not everyone up here is gay. Nonetheless, that was funny. Here we are eligable for benefits after 200 working hours.

over9five

Staff member
"I have been married and still in love with the mother of my 4 kids for over 27 years"

Too bad you didn't pass that great ethic to your son. You should talk to him. Get him to do the right thing.

Too late for that condom talk that you should have had, I guess....

Working4TheBene's

I think the medical portion starts after you payoff the initiation fees. Usually 4 months. Then it takes a couple more months to get dental. Hope this helps. And good luck to your son.

F

FightAholes

Good Grief, all the guy asked was a couple of questions about benefits. I thought it was only the management that were inconsiderate a$$es.

HC3 -- your kid does not work for the Teamsters, he works for UPS -- I just say this because the Teamsters think they own UPS. Have him go to work a little early, or stay a little late, and visit his Human Resources(HR) office. Somebody might be around at night, if not, they are usually in the building a couple times during his sort.

If the HR office is closed, have him ask his Part-Time or Full-Time supervisor for information. They will, undoubtedly, not have an answer, but he can request that they reach out to HR for the answer. It is not that hard to get this information, he just has to ask -- because nobody volunteers this stuff.

If this fails, have him call the building during the day and politely ask for Human Resources. They can tell him over the phone everything he needs.

Again, HC3, it was my experience that only the management were jerks, not the hourly, but from this post, things are a changing.

JustAnotherBody

over9five .. i used to think u were funny. now i hope someone does the right thing and kicks your the crap out of your smart ass. then u can explain to your kids how someone did the right thing to you..... some comments u need to keep to yourself.

JustAnotherBody

im sure ill hear about how i should have kept that to myself then and im a hypocrite and i cant wait. im sure your just a saint and you always do the right thing and live by the golden rule and everything... heres a more realistic golden rule 'you treat people the way you want to be be treated until they treat you different. When they treat you different you treat them accordingly.' have a wonderful day. sorry everyones not as perfect as you are. I bet your wife is the only person you've ever had relatsions with... probably not. luckily though u were fortunate enough not to have an unplanned pregnancy. im sure that had you knocked someone up when you were younger and you had married that person your life would still be perfect and great? Are my parents rotten for getting divoriced? should they have stayed together so my sister and I could have heard them fight all the time? Would that make us better pepole today? Sometimes certain people dont belong together and things just wont work. Hopefully this guys son and his babys mother can get along and everything is great but suppose it doesn't work out would the twins be better off being raised by two parents who just can not get along?

Maybe everyone should be as honest and decent as you seem to think you are. If u really are such a pius person though you never would have opened your mouth with ignorant comments like you did. How is that helping anything?

I think when the bloodhound gang wrote the first son on 'Hooray for Boobies' they were probably thinking of you. I know i am as i listen to it now. ahhahaha