Songs that stir deep emotions

Channahon

Have been to Irish funerals and Danny Boy is always a song played, not being Irish, the song is absolutely amazing and touching to the heart. Just attended a funeral yesterday and heard Danny Boy and the Irish Blessing by the son of the deceased. Thanks for posting

ol'browneye

This song is the one we play as we head out west to the mountains. Whether it is a hunting trip or just vacation, to have this song playing as you are heading into the Rockies is a must!
I can't watch the movie "The Mask" with Cher and Sam Elliott without getting wet eyes when this song is played at the end.

My favorite lines:

Standing on a mountain top
staring out at the Great Divide,
I could go east, I could go west
it was all up to me too decide.
Just then I saw a young hawk flying
and my soul began to rise
and pretty soon
my heart was singing!

Roll, roll me away...

I think of these words as I am standing on a mountain top out west taking in all God's beauty around me and thinking how good it is to be alive!

Bob Segar~ Roll Me Away

(I don't know who posted this on you-tube but they did a nice job with the pics!)

NHDRVR

Johann Pachelbel's Canon in D Major (played at weddings mostly)

Stevie Wonder's 'Overjoyed' played on solo piano

Van Halen's 'Secrets'

Simple Minds 'Don't You Forget About Me'

Thomas Dolby's 'She Blinded Me With Science'

Boy Meets Girl 'Waiting For a Star to Fall'

The Waterboys 'Fisherman's Blues'

The songs here are all over the map in terms of genre and era but, as with all music, they were all part of the background noise when I was growing up. I actually don't care for a couple of them but when things were going either great or horrible there they were and I get taken back when I hear them...

fethrs

This song is the one we play as we head out west to the mountains. Whether it is a hunting trip or just vacation, to have this song playing as you are heading into the Rockies is a must!
I can't watch the movie "The Mask" with Cher and Sam Elliott without getting wet eyes when this song is played at the end.

My favorite lines:

Standing on a mountain top
staring out at the Great Divide,
I could go east, I could go west
it was all up to me too decide.
Just then I saw a young hawk flying
and my soul began to rise
and pretty soon
my heart was singing!

Roll, roll me away...

I think of these words as I am standing on a mountain top out west taking in all God's beauty around me and thinking how good it is to be alive!

YouTube- Bob Segar~ Roll Me Away

(I don't know who posted this on you-tube but they did a nice job with the pics!)
Nice pick Browneye, I LOVE that song and Fire Lake too.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Ray

No one can do this song like Ray.
When you hear Ray sing about America...you feel how much he loved our Country.
RIP Ray

Ray Charles - "America The Beautiful" (1981)