Sounds like the Transformation is starting

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Do you think they will give them opportunities to do other jobs such going back to package?
On road sup??? Probably tell them that they are going to be getting a cdl and be one of the 100 or so trainers they are going to use to go all over this country training feeder drivers.... and if they don’t want to make this move they’re out of a job....feeder gets all of the “special need” mgrs and sups over here...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
The rumor is that the Worldship team in MD has been told their jobs are eliminated and they have till October to find jobs. If not, they will get 3 months severance. Can anyone verify? does anyone know the makeup of that team? Is it true that the jobs have been outsourced to India? what a legacy our CEO is leaving behind. Shocking...If this is true, Good IT people should vacate quickly while the market is extremely hot. Unbelievable. They have may options to not hurt partners by offering better package and lower the age in IT. Instead, they go after the hard working people. Folks enjoy JP...do not be fooled with the sweet talk, be careful. Disheartened and dismayed for what is happening. I hope this is wrong as I love the good old UPS and hate to see this destruction...
But it has been fine all these years to watch what they have done to the face of this company... the drivers ??? You guys are just getting what they have tried to do to us for forever and a day....

worldwide

Anxiously awaiting to see some high-level heads rolling. They are the ones responsible for the mess that now has to be fixed. Gutmann seems like a good pick. She friend'ed up that big salesforce.com project big time. And the new guy on the management committee from Xerox has a sales background. Maybe she'll be "pursuing personal interests" sometime soon.

You honestly think she's going to get the axe? No way (but I don't disagree with you that heads should roll at the top - no one has ever paid the price for the last 3 or 4 peak cluster friend's). The new Xerox people being brought onboard are somewhat questionable additions What do they bring to the table? Xerox is a $10B company and they hire KW to run marketing for a $65B company?! Can you think of any memorable marketing campaigns from Xerox? UPS and XRX stocks have been dogs compared to S&P and FDX over the past 2 years.

It appears that SP is lining up to take over for Abney. SP has been a Walmart CEO for Asia and CEO for DHL Europe and Asia. UPS needs an outsiders perspective and SP brings much needed international expertise to the table but if he becomes CEO, UPS will be a very different company moving forward.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
You honestly think she's going to get the axe? No way (but I don't disagree with you that heads should roll at the top - no one has ever paid the price for the last 3 or 4 peak cluster friend's). The new Xerox people being brought onboard are somewhat questionable additions What do they bring to the table? Xerox is a $10B company and they hire KW to run marketing for a $65B company?! Can you think of any memorable marketing campaigns from Xerox? UPS and XRX stocks have been dogs compared to S&P and FDX over the past 2 years.

It appears that SP is lining up to take over for Abney. SP has been a Walmart CEO for Asia and CEO for DHL Europe and Asia. UPS needs an outsiders perspective and SP brings much needed international expertise to the table but if he becomes CEO, UPS will be a very different company moving forward.
Sounds like maybe UPS sees they cannot be competitive in the US ... just wander over to the Union Issues forum and these people with their short-sighted vision want to run the company into the ground.

Maybe International is where all the growth will be for UPS.

My concern is for the people who worked here for 20-30 years plus and their families well being. I never underestimate people's jobs regardless what they do. Form the new guy who is learning the job to the rest of UPS's employees. I drove, worked preload, on road, hub, IE, BD, HR etc. None of these jobs were useless but people serving different purposes in the organization. Hope that the right decisions are made to take care of our people. Sadly, did not hear that today in the Video posted on Transformation between DA and SP. Hoping I am wrong...

worldwide

Sounds like maybe UPS sees they cannot be competitive in the US ... just wander over to the Union Issues forum and these people with their short-sighted vision want to run the company into the ground.

Maybe International is where all the growth will be for UPS.

Agree. International has been driving growth and profits for UPS for past few years and Jim Barber was leading the charge. He's now COO and potentially next CEO. Either way, with either SP or JB as CEO, international growth will be #1 priority.

The rumor is that the Worldship team in MD has been told their jobs are eliminated and they have till October to find jobs. If not, they will get 3 months severance. Can anyone verify? does anyone know the makeup of that team? Is it true that the jobs have been outsourced to India? what a legacy our CEO is leaving behind. Shocking...If this is true, Good IT people should vacate quickly while the market is extremely hot. Unbelievable. They have may options to not hurt partners by offering better package and lower the age in IT. Instead, they go after the hard working people. Folks enjoy JP...do not be fooled with the sweet talk, be careful. Disheartened and dismayed for what is happening. I hope this is wrong as I love the good old UPS and hate to see this destruction...

Yes. This is true. IT people from WorldShip in MD have been laid off and positions eliminated.

Popeye

I think Price becoming the next CEO is a done deal. I don't think he would have taken the job otherwise. His current job at UPS is smaller than the ones he's had previously. Any way you look at it, Gutmann is redundant. If there's anywhere UPS needs experienced pros running things it's Sales/Marketing, IT and friend&A. I question whether Warren is a good hire, but UPS needs an experienced pro in that job. Gutmann doesn't really bring anything to the table. I don't think the change to zero based budgeting was a Peretz initiative. I think he was told that that's what was going down.

Popeye

My concern is for the people who worked here for 20-30 years plus and their families well being. I never underestimate people's jobs regardless what they do. Form the new guy who is learning the job to the rest of UPS's employees. I drove, worked preload, on road, hub, IE, BD, HR etc. None of these jobs were useless but people serving different purposes in the organization. Hope that the right decisions are made to take care of our people. Sadly, did not hear that today in the Video posted on Transformation between DA and SP. Hoping I am wrong...

I wouldn't put much stock in the videos and other communications from the propaganda ministry. Their job is to tell you what you want to hear, not to tell you what's actually going down.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Agree. International has been driving growth and profits for UPS for past few years and Jim Barber was leading the charge. He's now COO and potentially next CEO. Either way, with either SP or JB as CEO, international growth will be #1 priority.
I think Price becoming the next CEO is a done deal. I don't think he would have taken the job otherwise.
Jim and Scott go toe-to-toe in meetings so I'm not sure the next CEO has been decided yet.