Sounds like the Transformation is starting

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Sounds like maybe UPS sees they cannot be competitive in the US ... just wander over to the Union Issues forum and these people with their short-sighted vision want to run the company into the ground.

Maybe International is where all the growth will be for UPS.

Watch it with your "these people" statements, and how will the International do with Domestic out of the way. Get real without the Domestic package division UPS has nothing. If they could do it they would of closed shop long time ago, talking about being short-sighted.

We do not want to run the company into the ground. We are actually trying to save it.

Glenlake55Wally

This is getting a little close to home. Today I heard about someone being transformed. He’s a lazy SOBjust like me. A manager in friend&A. He was eligible for VPR but didn’t take it. They demoted him and sent him off to a district job where he’ll actually have to work. I sure as hell hope this doesn’t happen to me.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I think the year was 1992 ... it may have been 1995 upon further reflection. ???
Anyone whose memory is better ... feel free to correct me and add to it.

All this is for non-Union employees:
Years before 1992 - non-Union employee got 3 x $250 for each year prior to 1992 for their UPS Retiree health Insurance. After 1992, it was just one year.
The retirement Pension was changed in 1992 so that it was reduced. Employees retiring after 1992 got less monthly payout.

Raises were curtailed and more strict pay brackets were imposed.

There were other changes as well but I don't remember them.
So it appears the partnership wasn't all that great pre-IPO.

let's face it ...our inept upper mgmt has hit a new low ...destroying what is left of UPS corporate culture ... this "transformation" is nothing more than a pension grab with window dressing...with defined benefit pension, bigger gains accumulate late in tenure ...they are getting rid of older dedicated mgmt workers so they don't have to give them decent pension ... totally disgusting ...oh, and as for the recent hire from Walmart ...omg ...is this what we are going to become? Walmart got their :censored2: kicked by AMZN ... AMZN blew right past them ... Have you shopped at Walmart recently? It's about as pleasurable as sitting on a dirty seat. So we're going to take advice from this guy? I guess the UPS mgmt workers will need to be on food stamps ...good luck finding quality workers ...what a joke this company will become ....

542thruNthru

This thread has me grinning from ear to ear.

It sounds like union workers in here. UPS is showing you your true worth in this company, you have none.

Congratulations ladies you now know what it really feels like to work at UPS.

Welcome to Big Brown. :)

Oh and shut up jingles! ;)

Signature Only

Blue in Brown
Well things have started to get very interesting in the district. Several positions done away with or moved, more with less. Not sure who is going to cover the processes that were developed because adding another automatic email from Sharepoint does nothing. Peak is just around the corner and we are in no way prepared for it. Flex-PT Supervisor job....who created it and why, it is the worst job ever created at UPS. If you have these in your operation you know what I am talking about. It solves/fixes/helps squat...just make it a regular PT Supervisor position we will get more out of it I promise you.

Those of you that are being forced to leave UPS, thank you for everything you have done to make us great at UPS. Unfortunately it is not the same UPS you joined or heard of many years ago. We are turning into just another Corporate entity, I am hopeful with the skills you have developed here or came here with that you will find great success in future. Do not look back at UPS and wish you were still here, look forward to working a "normal job" and spend all the time you have enjoying family or what ever brings you happiness. Once again thank you for everything.

Dragon

I'm remembering all the complaints myself and other drivers have and how management ignored us, told us to be happy for employment or resulted to intimidation and harassment.

We had to file grievances or suffer in silence.

And all those mangers who acted with disregard for bargain-unit employees, those who bought the Kool-Aid about partnership are now bewildered at the company turning on them.

It always turns out this way. Saddle up with evil and eventually you'll get ground up too.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Hate to say it but most of those Managers who were using the standards of procedures of intimidation and harassment are comfortably retired or close to it, most are now living off their MIP/Stock purchases and the smart ones are millionaires by now, they also left with a secure fat pension with full medical for themselves and their spouses without paying a dime. Living the life of O'Reilly down in Florida somewhere, playing golf.

I also believe like you stated that you "reap what you sow"...If most of them who acted like sociopaths at work they generally end up having to split their life long assets with their ex wifes and pay the price of spending their entire life putting the company ahead of family. We all make choices that we value, it depends on what you goals are.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Your wife's ... I didn't know she told you.
Jesus man. What did you spend all your humor on that first burn? “Your wife’s?” Why not go even more old school and say “your mother’s”?
But, I’m still glad you took time out of your busy schedule from running the tilt a whirl at the local carnival, to make a joke at my wife’s expense. Nice job!

What ails UPS?

Leadership: They squandered the firm's most important values and failed to adjust, take bold steps, and act like grownups. Instead of telling Amazon and the likes “NO” and this is how much we will charge, they caved. They turned on their people and now they are laying them off while they need and deserve to exit.

Reliability: Through the past 5 peaks, leadership have failed to plan, adjust and execute. UPS spent billions trying to cater to a lone firm, Amazon, so it can deliver their least profitable packages during the most difficult high visibility time. We are building 100s of buildings and that will not be the solution, only small part of it. In the meantime, millions of other customers suffered average or bad service during peak season while we suck up to Amazon. The stock chart tells the story that every year after peak, UPS stock tumbles.

Forever, UPS has been known for its efficient processes, execution and trustworthiness. Well, during the most transparent time (Christmas, Holidays) when UPS touches and feels its highest number of customers, UPS failed. Furthermore, the conversation changed from what a great Company UPS is to what a great company UPS is BUT you do not deliver when my kids need their Christmas gifts. Highly personal and everlasting impression with UPS customers.

Innovation: UPS continues to milk this cow forever that it is tiring to hear over and over again. Orion, Advanced Tech Group, PFT, My choice etc. Give it up. Even the analysts today did nto want to hear it anymore. Those are great internal measures but they fail to inspire and show boldness and imagination. Same day delivery, hear me out. It is easy. Saturday and Sunday delivery, hear me out, easy. For god sake, if the post office does it, UPS can. Now, they might be losers for a while but the market and today’s customers want these services. UPS is not responding. Same day delivery for business customers can be picked locally and delivered locally. Amazon, Target and Best Buy do not want to be in this business. UPS is forcing them to do it due to lack of imagination and boldness.

Transformation:
UPS does not need transformation. UPS needs solid management that holds the line on adding new people to the payroll. UPS people are awesome and they do not deserve the treatment they are receiving today. Leadership thinks laying people off is inspiring. Guess what, people are feeling lost, dismayed, unappreciated, sick and giving up on you. Leadership lays off one more group and or one more person around Finance, HR, Security, engineering, sales, marketing and IT and these people will kick you where it hurts most, stop caring, working, and delivering. Good luck if you do this again. Move people around and do not cruelly walk people out. UPS was never attractive and you are making it very ugly to hang around. People worked hard, struggles because they are loyal to what they think is a loyal firm. Be careful and or you will be the next SEARS quickly. Turn over is close to 5-6 percent a year due to retirement and or other opportunities. With 35,000 MGMT people, attrition is close to 2500 MGMT people per year. Do not ruin this firm by laying people off. Do not be cruel, LEAD.

I am hopeful but Mr DA is still there and now Mr SP thinks he got it under control, NOT. Let us hope Jim gets the rein or we are all friend...d and UPS is lost for a while....