Spread of Mexico flu

Stran

Holy Toledo
Now that there are confirmed cases of the Mexican swine flu in the US does UPS have any safety procedures in place? I have always thought delivery drivers (UPS, FedX, USPS) were at high risk of contracting an illness in a pandemic. I would not like to be the one to spread an illness to my family members.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Now that there are confirmed cases of the Mexican swine flu in the US does UPS have any safety procedures in place? I have always thought delivery drivers (UPS, FedX, USPS) were at high risk of contracting an illness in a pandemic. I would not like to be the one to spread an illness to my family members.
Practice that signature for
Jose Cuervo

over9five

Staff member
Now that there are confirmed cases of the Mexican swine flu in the US does UPS have any safety procedures in place?

YES!

Aim high to avoid germs

Get the big vaccine

Keep away from the infected

Leave the rubber gloves on

Make sure you don't breathe near customers

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Purell hand sanitizer.
Stay out of flea markets, especially in border towns.
And yes, close the borders!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Mayor Bloomburg said a prep school took a trip to Mexico and are now being tested to see if they are sick. I thought the government warned against travelling to Mexico awhile back. What the heck was the school thinking when thay went to Mexico. They surely could've found an interesting spot INSIDE the US for a class trip. Idiots !!

(samples are back and it is swine flu)

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Close the borders....close the borders......close the borders :biting:

I agree.....I agree......I agree.........
Should have been done a long time ago.:angry:

Nice thought, but who do you think is going to do the work that Americans think is "beneath" them? I am talking about the migrant workers. Even way up here, we have to import Jamaicans to pick the apples because Americans are unwilling to do the work and would rather sit home and collect unemployment and/or welfare.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Nice thought, but who do you think is going to do the work that Americans think is "beneath" them? I am talking about the migrant workers. Even way up here, we have to import Jamaicans to pick the apples because Americans are unwilling to do the work and would rather sit home and collect unemployment and/or welfare.
Tell them no one is going to sit on their arse and collect a check if they are able bodied.
I wonder did
Mexico City Mayor Marcelo Ebrard

speak in English to the masses about the pandemic, as Mayor Bloomberg spoke in Spanish about ours?
And is it just me or is this just something to divert our attention to something else, aka as fearmongering?

tieguy

Banned
Mayor Bloomburg said a prep school took a trip to Mexico and are now being tested to see if they are sick. I thought the government warned against travelling to Mexico awhile back. What the heck was the school thinking when thay went to Mexico. They surely could've found an interesting spot INSIDE the US for a class trip. Idiots !!

(samples are back and it is swine flu)

from new york city? Probably future liberals who thought they could change the hard core drug lords by showing them a little compassion or by bowing to them.:happy-very:

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
Is it too late for a flu shot? And where can I get one of those bio-hazard suits? Don't take this pandemic lightly, its moving fast and when it starts claiming lives in the US you will know this is for real.

P

pickup

Tell them no one is going to sit on their arse and collect a check if they are able bodied.
I wonder did
Mexico City Mayor Marcelo Ebrard

speak in English to the masses about the pandemic, as Mayor Bloomberg spoke in Spanish about ours?
And is it just me or is this just something to divert our attention to something else, aka as fearmongering?

Mayor Bloomberg trying to speak spanish , you mean.

upsdavz

I can tell you this from watching things over the years, the management at my centre will crucify anyone who dares call in sick. I have witnessed management throw phones, break handsets and go into fits of rage when people have called in sick. If the driver still refused to come into work the management would call all day long harassing the driver, when the driver would return to work he would recieve addditional work and increased oversupervision.

So you ask what safety procedures UPS has in place? All I can say to that is don't stand to close to the manager taking a call from a sick employee!!!