Spread of Mexico flu

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
When I got to the Hub this morning the talk was all about Swine flu,Bird flu or any combination of both. But what made everyone stop in their tracks was a PC driver who just got back from Mexico last night.

You should have seen how people reacted, you would have thought this guy was a leper or something. Nobody-no one wanted to be anywhere near this guy. He was on an island all by himself.

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer
From my reading, there was one school that had a trip to Mexico and they got it, but a number of cases (8 I think) are all in a school in NY - but they never mentioned the connection, as to why 8 people in one NY school had it - anyone know?

Swine, bird, Spanish, Asian, etc. all variant strains of the same influenza virus

satellitedriver

Amazing how news coverage can blow up a health issue and ignore others.
The media and health officials in California and Texas can not find a common source to the persons infected and how it spread.
Give me a Freakin' break!!!
Maybe, it is the same common source of the exponential rise in TB cases.
The rise in cases are from the same group, now known in our politically correct world, as "undocumented" immigrants.
In one word,
Mexico.
(really, it is more than one word, Mexico is a portal for many "undocumented" immigrants, from many nations.)
If you think I am bigoted for making that remark about TB, maybe you should check out the stats.
Luckily,
I have built up my immune system, by working at UPS.
23yrs of walking through septic waste, to get to a customers front door, fighting off puss eyed, mange ridden dogs, to have the privilege of a consignee come to the door with fecal matter on their hands to sign for a package...ect....
Maybe, there is truth in the saying;
"What does not kill you, makes you stronger."
Praise the great juju,
that my germs have been stronger than their germs, so far.

trickpony1

Does anyone remember the mid 1970's?
There was a swine flu scare back then and we all lined up like mindless cattle and got a vaccination.
Then the government announced, "OOPS! there is no swine flu.".
In the meantime, numerous people became seriously ill, and some died, from the vaccine. Something called "Guillain-Barre Syndrome". It's my understanding this illness can have serious, long term effects and is not something to mess with.

PS- when you get your next flu shot be sure to read the waiver they want you to sign real close. I believe Guillain-Barre Syndrome is listed as one of the possible complication from vaccination therapy.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Amazing how news coverage can blow up a health issue and ignore others.
The media and health officials in California and Texas can not find a common source to the persons infected and how it spread.
Give me a Freakin' break!!!
Maybe, it is the same common source of the exponential rise in TB cases.
The rise in cases are from the same group, now known in our politically correct world, as "undocumented" immigrants.
In one word,
Mexico.
(really, it is more than one word, Mexico is a portal for many "undocumented" immigrants, from many nations.)
If you think I am bigoted for making that remark about TB, maybe you should check out the stats.
Luckily,
I have built up my immune system, by working at UPS.
23yrs of walking through septic waste, to get to a customers front door, fighting off puss eyed, mange ridden dogs, to have the privilege of a consignee come to the door with fecal matter on their hands to sign for a package...ect....
Maybe, there is truth in the saying;
"What does not kill you, makes you stronger."
Praise the great juju,
that my germs have been stronger than their germs, so far.
I'll never complain about my route again....

thelus

Package Car Whipping Boy
knowing myself and knowing how much of a dick i could be. if i got swine flu i would come into work and run into every managers office coughing on there keyboards. i love it when i call into work they always beg me to come in. maybe something like that will teach them better

drewed

Shankman
knowing myself and knowing how much of a dick i could be. if i got swine flu i would come into work and run into every managers office coughing on there keyboards. i love it when i call into work they always beg me to come in. maybe something like that will teach them better
Not something to joke about when it could cause death, you could be prosecuted just like the people that knowingly spread HIV through unprotected sex.

thelus

Package Car Whipping Boy
well drewed you better tell my center manager that if i call in sick not to be a dick about it. also lol on your analogy.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Originally Posted by thelus
Not something to joke about when it could cause death, you could be prosecuted just like the people that knowingly spread HIV through unprotected sex.

Now that's funny!!!

Sammie

Techniques To Prevent The Flu

The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) has issued a medical
alert about a highly contagious, potentially dangerous
virus B that is transmitted orally, by hand, and even
electronically. This virus is called Weary Overload
Recreational Killer (WORK).

If you receive WORK from your boss, any of your colleagues
or anyone else via any means whatsoever - DO NOT TOUCH IT.
This virus will wipe out your private life completely. If
you should come into contact with WORK you should
immediately leave the premises.

Take two good friends to the nearest grocery store and
purchase one or both of the antidotes - Work Isolating
Neutralizer Extract (WINE) and Bothersome Employer
Elimination Re-booter (BEER). Take the antidote repeatedly
until WORK has been completely eliminated from your system.

You should immediately forward this medical alert to five
friends. If you do not have five friends, you have already
been infected and WORK is controlling your life.

drewed

Shankman
my point exactly
seems only UPS and drewed knew its original origins
there are two different arguments and youre getting them confused
the origins, which i wont argue no one knew
methodology is another, these attacks were designed at the gov't/ media thus they were conducted through the USPS a gov't agency

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer
Excuse me a diversion.
http://organizedwisdom.com/How_Many_People_Die_From_the_Flu_Each_Year
Why is 40 cases such a big deal?

When you first wrote this, I was initially taken aback - I thought you might just be a lunatic.

But then I thought about it - and I invite others to do so as well.

40 cases (whatever it is today, 60? 100?) You are completely right. It is not even a blip. It's not even a blip ON a blip.

My guess is more people died yesterday from UPS cardboard box poisoning worldwide, and there is no worldwide ground-package-panic.