SR or DR

UPSGUY72

Wait..an on road intercept? It does not exist. Intercepts have to be processed by a clerk for address correction, will call hold, or return to shipper. There is no 2nd delivery to a different address when package has had an attempt. And commercial packages do NOT get driver released. Sounds like a supervisor play fast and furious with the system. Only medication can get a reattempt intercept via a $10 charge. Customers cannot request such a service.

Intercepts only can be done by the shipper. No one else can do an intercept not even a clerk.

Who revived this almost 3 year old dead thread.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Back when I was a Saturday driver, we were told that anything we were delivering, should be considered 'mission critical' as they were paying a substantial amount for Saturday delivery. For packages that were 'real' 1S packages (as opposed to packages upgraded to Saturday delivery because they missed a plane, do any of those ever get delivered on Saturday???), I did everything I could to get them delivered on Saturday. If I would have received the new resi address, I would have DR'd it out of sight, but near a door or in a garage. The phone call with the intercept tells me they were tracking it and doing everything they could to get it ASAP.

We were told to attempt all Saturday packages twice and call the center if we could not get rid of it for either DR instructions or alternative delivery point.

i agree that sat air packages are usually very urgent. However if the customer needs it that bad jumping thru hoops goes both ways and they need to do everything possible to receive the package.

Indecisi0n

Revising a nearly 3 year old thread? NOT!

homer-simpson-doh.gif

packageguy

Made an attempt at a closed business, sheeted as CL1. Hour later, get a message stating shipper has intercepted package, deliver to another address, a residence. Second attempt was made, no one home and sheeted as NI1. I was told package should have been DR'd since it was a residential address.

Turns out the package was a piece for a printing press and the receiver can't run his business without it. He was inconvenienced having to come to the center on a Saturday afternoon and pick up his package. What would you have done?

You did the right thing, good job....

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Wait..an on road intercept? It does not exist. Intercepts have to be processed by a clerk for address correction, will call hold, or return to shipper. There is no 2nd delivery to a different address when package has had an attempt. And commercial packages do NOT get driver released. Sounds like a supervisor play fast and furious with the system. Only medication can get a reattempt intercept via a $10 charge. Customers cannot request such a service.
​Sure they do.