Start times

Brownt10

I’m a 22.3 pl/air driver. So I work Pre load. The posted start time is 0530 yet they tell us to come in at 0330. Am I guaranteed 8hrs no matter what time I punch in or guaranteed 8hrs from the posted start time? They tell us to come sometimes at 0315 or 0345 day to day if it’s convenient for management

PT Car Washer

I’m a 22.3 pl/air driver. So I work Pre load. The posted start time is 0530 yet they tell us to come in at 0330. Am I guaranteed 8hrs no matter what time I punch in or guaranteed 8hrs from the posted start time? They tell us to come sometimes at 0315 or 0345 day to day if it’s convenient for management
The time spent before your posted start time should be OT.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
I honestly do not know
But @BadIdeaGuy if he stops by later might know the answer
@Jetboat1 I’m local 710, but I’m pretty positive we have the same language on this with them.

Part timers are not guaranteed start times listed a week in advance like drivers are, and only get 24 hours notice of changes.

We do not receive OT for the time we are brought in before the scheduled start time.

I’m headed into a local level.
If I get a few boring moments, I’ll try to paste the relevant section for you.

boxerdan

Does the 705?
I’m 705 and in my building we don't even have posted start times for most sorts. I think they do post a weekly start time for preload, but for twilight and sunrise we need to ask our supervisor at the end of each sort for the next day's start time which changes daily. 705 might have some good language in places, but PT's are as screwed over as anywhere else.

OrionIsDaddy

8 hour guarantee from whenever you start working.

In my local you aren't late as long as you show up by the originally posted start time.. the new start time is considered extra work and voluntary

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I’m 705 and in my building we don't even have posted start times for most sorts. I think they do post a weekly start time for preload, but for twilight and sunrise we need to ask our supervisor at the end of each sort for the next day's start time which changes daily. 705 might have some good language in places, but PT's are as screwed over as anywhere else.
Ridiculous

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
No we do. Someone is slacking off and needs a pimpslap

NYJetsfan87

I’m scared to ask but your shop stewed doesn’t know the answer to your question ? Nothing wrong with asking here but you’re paying your union dues for a reason.

upser2020

They have been having our department start early(and ahead of the rest of the building) most Fridays. Since we still get out about the same time the extra few hours ends up being overtime since even if we didn't start until the rest of the building we still go over 5 hours. It's considered voluntary for hourlys to come in early since it's outside what the job was presented as(twilight which is basically 5p to 10p)