Stewards beware!

freehoodies

I don’t trust anyone to be fair/unbiased when discussing anything the trump admin has said or done. On either side.

Im generally pro-swearing. Its just words, why can we say penis, or male genitalia, but not dick? But thats not the point.

From the wording it looks like you cant call the management team evil child :censored2:ing bitch ass crackas. But I dont think it stops you from saying “what the :censored2: happened” or “we shouldnt have to put up with this :censored2:”.

But im no lawyer.

Inthegame

The worst is interpretation of the contract. Someone comes to me with an issue, I deal with it based on what the contract seems to me to say, then I get told a panel decision interpreted the language a different way. I ask to see the decision, but have yet to see one.
Your local should have a book of "interps" which are regional JAC decisions. Talk to your BA. If he's reasonably competent and not afraid you're looking to replace him/her, there's hours of very interesting reading available. However, you'll be more confused after reading than before.
Honestly, I am out delivering packages so long every day, I have no idea how stewards in larger, more active buildings have time to grieve anything.
It helps if there's good communication between stewards. I always made copies of all grievances and distributed them to each steward in the dept to keep everyone in the loop. It also helps control the steward shopping members do.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Your local should have a book of "interps" which are regional JAC decisions. Talk to your BA. If he's reasonably competent and not afraid you're looking to replace him/her, there's hours of very interesting reading available. However, you'll be more confused after reading than before.
It helps if there's good communication between stewards. I always made copies of all grievances and distributed them to each steward in the dept to keep everyone in the loop. It also helps control the steward shopping members do.
Communication between stewards is paramount. Members and Management can manipulate stewards without communication. My building also has stewards in different centers that communicate and help each other very well.

EverybodyLovesMike

No, my name isnt mike
Read my post and check your Trump obsession at the door.

If my job is on the line, I'm gonna be very concerned if the person who is supposed to use the contractual language and grievance process, is instead hurling profanities and insults like an ignorant buffoon.

I made an assumption based on the hat the guy in your pic is wearing. Is that not you?

Also, get your head out of your politics, stop watching fox propaganda and think with your brain.This is a huge blow to stewards like mine who fights for the members and uses colorful words to get his point across.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I made an assumption based on the hat the guy in your pic is wearing. Is that not you?

Also, get your head out of your politics, stop watching fox propaganda and think with your brain.This is a huge blow to stewards like mine who fights for the members and uses colorful words to get his point across.
Colorful words?
Did you even read the nlrb ruling?
Sorry bud, I don't think a Steward should be able to call management the N word and keep his job.

MarvelousMunata

The Scapegoat With Attitude

Hey, sometimes that kind of poetry does get you out of a jam 😁

EverybodyLovesMike

No, my name isnt mike
Colorful words?
Did you even read the nlrb ruling?
Sorry bud, I don't think a Steward should be able to call management the N word and keep his job.

Just about everyone would agree with that statement but it was never really on the table. I didnt realize my steward was allowed to say such a thing in the first place.

And no, if I'm being honest, I didnt read it. I was basing my knowledge on what other posters had to say about it.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Due to Workplace Violence the company has changed. Many many times in the 80's and 90's i would get into screaming matches with the Onroads or center manager.At this time it wasn't uncommon to get Nose-to Nose with them but..................now this will get you terminated at worst and at best thrown out of the meeting. I dont even raise my voice,and try to whisper so they will tell me to speak louder . Times change and we have to change as well

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Also, get your head out of your politics, stop watching fox propaganda and think with your brain. This is a huge blow to stewards like mine who fights for the members and uses colorful words to get his point across.
And no, if I'm being honest, I didnt read it. I was basing my knowledge on what other posters had to say about it.
Lol.
Canadians.
SMH