Still doing training run 1 year later?

AndrewK

I was put on a 90 day training run, was notified I passed probation and fast forward to a year later (going into second year) and I have still been doing this run everyday full time since then. Stop count started off at 110-120 t0 now 155-165, and the route was tweaked up a little. Word from the sups is that the old driver who had this run does not want to come back to it as the stop count is much higher then it use to be before I came on.

Has this ever happened before, not trying to jump the gun but what's the chances this is my full time run now?

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
I was put on a 90 day training run, was notified I passed probation and fast forward to a year later and I have still been doing this run everyday full time since then. Word from the sups is that the old driver who had this run does not want to come back to it as the stop count is much higher then it use to be before I came on.

Has this ever happened before, if so, what's the chances this is my full time run now?
It’s not your route. This stuff happens all the time at UPS. Is the bid driver running a different route with some of the work he bid on?? If not, you could probably talk to your stew and challenge it....might not be the best idea considering you’re in year 1. You gotta pick your battles around here. You’re getting to run the same route every single day and you’re not getting thrown out blind all over the center.
If you rock the boat, you could end up with co workers hating you, and the god instilling fear of going out blind daily

AndrewK

It’s not your route. This stuff happens all the time at UPS. Is the bid driver running a different route with some of the work he bid on?? If not, you could probably talk to your stew and challenge it....might not be the best idea considering you’re in year 1. You gotta pick your battles around here. You’re getting to run the same route every single day and you’re not getting thrown out blind all over the center.
If you rock the boat, you could end up with co workers hating you, and the god instilling fear of going out blind daily
The bid driver has been doing another run that he seemingly likes better and is happy with. The sups asked him a couple months ago if he wants his run back and decided not to. As it leaves me a little confused

AndrewK

The bid driver has been doing another run that he seemingly likes better and is happy with. The sups asked him a couple months ago if he wants his run back and decided not to. Word is that he is going to bid on that route aswell. As it leaves me a little confused

The bid driver has been doing another run that he seemingly likes better and is happy with. The sups asked him a couple months ago if he wants his run back and decided not to. As it leaves me a little confused
When he bids on a different route that means his will go up for bid also, somebody else will take it and your training route gravy train will be over. If you like the route I would just keep quiet and ride it out.

AndrewK

When he bids on a different route that means his will go up for bid also, somebody else will take it and your training route gravy train will be over. If you like the route I would just keep quiet and ride it out.
I asked one of the sups about a month ago if it possibly can be my run. he said 'its pretty much yours' and explained how he's trying to get me to over take the run. only one other guy with similar seniority can compete for it once it goes up on bid due to no one wanting a 170-stop route.

SLW

Similar thing happened to me. It won't last forever and when it ends, it's going to feel like your first day driving again.

PPH_over_9000

once it goes up on bid due to no one wanting a 170-stop route.

How many miles?

Drivers in my center'd kill a man to get themselves a 170-stop route. Hell, depending on the miles that might be a route that gets you home by 4pm. I can't even imagine being able to see through my truck anymore, let alone walk through it. Worst part? Right after I knock out all my airs and businesses, maybe a few residentials, then it's right back to the center to fill the truck up with the 20-30 irreg and resi bulk stops that wouldn't fit in the AM.

170 stops on the regular sounds :censored2:ing wonderful.

Dr.Brownz

Whats the point of even doing that? Senior driver will get it bid and just take the route anyway. OP is a noob and should shut his mouth or will probably get forced to do an even worse route that he doesnt know at all.

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
I was put on a 90 day training run, was notified I passed probation and fast forward to a year later (going into second year) and I have still been doing this run everyday full time since then. Stop count started off at 110-120 t0 now 155-165, and the route was tweaked up a little. Word from the sups is that the old driver who had this run does not want to come back to it as the stop count is much higher then it use to be before I came on.

Has this ever happened before, not trying to jump the gun but what's the chances this is my full time run now?
You’ve ruined the route.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.

It's been a year.

That route should be your tramp by now.

When life gives you lemons....

Good luck.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Another runner ruins a decent route

Keep up the good work

Attachments

• 4A424A34-A4E5-43A2-B9B7-23D86E764D6D.jpeg
    4A424A34-A4E5-43A2-B9B7-23D86E764D6D.jpeg
    26.8 KB · Views: 94

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
I remember wanting off of my training route so bad. Going out blind is a swift kick in the nuts. The next 3 years sucked big time, never knowing what route you’ll be on or if you even know the area. Don’t ever mention wanting off of it! Routine is crucial with this job.

I remember wanting off of my training route so bad. Going out blind is a swift kick in the nuts. The next 3 years sucked big time, never knowing what route you’ll be on or if you even know the area. Don’t ever mention wanting off of it! Routine is crucial with this job.
People have no idea man. You get 500 boxes in a giant truck that can’t go down any scary driveways and you have no idea where anything is. Some of the hardest but also most rewarding days of my life, man. Especially before we got the map nav and the cradle. I’m glad I can say that I learned routes old school my whole first year +
Makes you tougher
It’s 8 pm, you have 30 left blind and you’re in the woods walking down some scary driveway with 3 houses that aren’t marked, you just started at UPS and the last thing you want to do is “fail” by bringing stops back
It’s crazy how much you learn at this place in a few years

Indecisi0n

I agree with this.
It's the same principal of when those kids are banging their hot teacher. Keep your mouth shut and keep plugging away. Talking about it while it's happening can ky lead to bad things.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

Happened to me too. Don’t go around saying anything. It’s a sweet deal. You get to improve your skills without worrying about where you’ll be going blind. It eventually caught up to me, full time drivers started whispering around about seniority violations and route bidding and I was kicked off it and tossed around like a b*tch. But by that time I could do the job and accrued much needed area knowledge.