Still getting hoesed

I have some issues that my union rep doesnt want to take on. How do I go above him or am I off base? For the 3rd summer now Ive been told that Iam going full time as a driver. Instead they hired a guy off the street and a summer peak hire. So I apologize if I run on from being pissed. I work on the local sort and as an air exception/utility driver. I've been running routes as a utility driver and working 30-40+ hours a week. Actually got over 50 when I had to park the building after running a route and going into the sort. I dont have a bid air route or a 22.3 job Iam still part time. My issue that my rep doesnt want to take on is based off of my air exception work. My understanding of how the contract reads is air exception is for air delivery. I've been shuttling air from the airport and to drivers for the majority of my work. Today I got one hour and eight minutes. My rep has said that everything that a bid pt air driver does is air exception and that he's not going to win the fight so he's not going to take it to panel. Pay roll has paid me as an air driver when I had ground, the top wage at the center (art 40 1a) so there even confused. One grievance - if I fall under everything a pt air driver does shouldnt I get a 3 hour guarantee in the morning? Or the grievance if Iam not a pt air driver am I not doing utility work? Why is there a distinction between a bid pt air driver and air exception if its all the same work? Iam already guessing that there going to make it difficult for me to qualify when and if it happens. The off the street has been getting 85-90 stops on a gravy route. While other drivers are out for 10-11 hrs today and I could be working but am sitting here ranting. Thanks for the help and listening

menotyou

bella amicizia
An exception driver does shuttle. Especially lately. It is whatever management wants while in the confines of air. If you deliver ground, you get paid top rate. I know as I was one.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
We have going on what you speak of.

when you drive you are an exception driver. That means that you have no guarantee as to how many hours you work. You are "on call" essentially.

As long as you are working PT inside, you will not get FT outside even on a seasonal or temp basis. You will pass DOT hours by (depending on start time) by 2 to 5pm.

Your battle should not be with air driving, but with whether or not you should be driving as a seasonal temp instead of the outside hire or summer peak hire.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Perhaps he was tired of doing yard work.

image.aspx

menotyou

bella amicizia
If he didn't bid anything, he has no bid. I drove to the airport for years and shuttled. Great job. Summer's and peak were a lot of work, but I loved that job.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
P.S. if you "service" grounds you get top rate for ALL HOURS WORKED including preload (local supplement here, anyway) If you shuttle grounds but do not touch or service them, you do not get top driver rate, you get air rate. That is how the union and UPS handle it here.

Sorry about the spelling errors, I was a little pissed at brown. There does seem to be some discrepancy in the contract or its been decided that air exception falls under the first section of the article. Thanks for the help, I got to get my floozies back to hoesing the yard.

menotyou

bella amicizia
You are not the only one pissed at brown. I was an air driver, and had the labor sup tell me me job wasn't a bid job, even though I have a bid sheet that I signed. He is a fat jerk, who ego needs checking. ( I hope you are reading this- you know who you are, fat jerk) Just be thankful that you job is gravier than most, as I have done the airport run myself.